Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 06:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
The class was already built and established with the SWCS long before you knew about GT cars. You guys are just hopping on the bus. But, you fail to realize that you are not the driver of the bus, the SWCS committee is. Just remember, if you cause too much of a ruckus, the driver can stop the bus and ask you to get off. This is more than about you guys and GT racing. It is great that IGT Hobbies is sponsoring the class, but it is the SWCS that runs the show.
Dude this has nothing to do with igt hobbies. These are my observations of your negativity here and at the track. You say you're promoting, then do it. Stop being a puppet and be your own man.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Pitracer,

This whole thing is about respect. I understand you not respecting me, but to disrespect the SWCS is not cool. Remember, they are allowing us (GT) to run in their series, not the other way around. Would you like it if I came to Hobbytown and started dictating how I think things should be run at your club races? No, I don't think any of you would. The lack of respect to the SWCS committee and what they established for the past 30 years is amazing.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

I have never said anything negative about the SWCS. I give respect where it is given. Please re-read and be your own man. You two are starting to sound alike.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pit-racer
Dude this has nothing to do with igt hobbies. These are my observations of your negativity here and at the track. You say you're promoting, then do it. Stop being a puppet and be your own man.
As far as promoting, I helped to broker the GT race that will be held in October at Mike's in Porter. I was asked by the SWCS to establish rules for the class. I help to establish this class in Mississippi when they were running onroad. There are many other things involving GT in other areas I have been called upon behind the scene to help with.

What are you doing to promote GT racing? All I see is you bashing me and disrespect the SWCS committee by trying to make the GT class about you and your guys. But, if bashing me on the forums makes you feel good, big, or important, bash away. But while you are bashing me on the forums, I will keep beating you on the track.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you know this whole thread is something to read...voice an opinion get ya ass handed to you, you mention open class get smart ass comments, say anything about racing rules even it a small venue of racers still get ya ass chewed...i love the GT scene its alot of fun with the realism of the cars but sometime i think not good for new racers to read this thread because it an ongoing battle,,,its all about having fun only fun about this thread is the great pics posted about the race, pics of new painted bodies , you guys hardly ever talk about or share setups,tires etc..let try fun stuff,,talk $h!t every now and then...i do agree if it a major sponor race rules should be respected by all means ...just saying
Old 04-02-2011, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
If I may be as bold as to interject some reasoning to this latest round of “tit for tat” about rules vs. no rules, here are my observations based several years of GT racing dating prior to the existence of page #1 of this GT forum thread…..

If a GT “gathering” is merely intended as an opportunity for enthusiasts to congregate together to share the common interest in GT cars, that’s fine and should be respected by all of us for what they are.

It should also be understood that the more seasoned GT racer does expect well defined event rules structures that offer opportunities of personal achievement and fun during all out GT racing "competitions".

There are huge differences between organizing GT racing "competitions" and GT "gatherings". While both types of GT “reunions” do have their place and merits for the growth of interest in GT cars; organizers and attendees should realize what the desired goal of the event actually is or what to expect upon arrival to it.

In regards to the SWCS GT rules debate going on here right now, the series “GT class” racing rules were established several years ago by “Jlock”, at the expressed request of the Southwest State Series Race Directors.

Juan Blaylock is the true founder of the Texas GT racing scene and deserves a little more gratitude than has been shown in recent posts. Just something to think about…….

Hope to race with all of you next October at the 2011 Ipanema Sports US GT National Championships.

All the best, have fun!
I agree with you 100% on this point. Rules are needed, but we need to get people racing again. On-road is dead everywhere! I remember win Touring Car racing started years ago. We welcomed people to race they tried it out and most purchased a true race touring car for the next meeting. You never know. The guy/gal that shows up with there buggy may just love it and buy a true GT8 car. We have had many converts here in Austin, TX from 1/8 buggy to GT8. This is how we are building the class.

Thanks Jlock for bringing the Class to the SWCS, but the class died in that same year. 3/4 of the racers at the races today are the guys from SA and Austin. We are doing something right here. I just want to see the class get bigger. Sometimes thinking outside of the box for a year and just trying to get the car count up for 2012 is the way to go. I may be way off here, but I think this will help in the future.

This is just my $.02 and I know there are people that will disagree. I am fine with that.

Last edited by YANMAN; 04-02-2011 at 08:41 AM.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

maybe i'm late i didnt know they came out with a kit and they up the price too same cost as a 1/8th onroad car but its looks great with different color chassis

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...io-S24T-Engine
Old 04-02-2011, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by YANMAN
I agree with you 100% on this point. Rules are needed, but we need to get people racing again. On-road is dead everywhere! I remember win Touring Car racing started years ago. We welcomed people to race they tried it out and most purchased a true race touring car for the next meeting. You never know. The guy/gal that shows up with there buggy may just love it and buy a true GT8 car. We have had many converts here in Austin, TX from 1/8 buggy to GT8. This is how we are building the class.

Thanks Jlock for bringing the Class to the SWCS, but the class died in that same year. 3/4 of the racers at the races today are the guys from SA and Austin. We are doing something right here. I just want to see the class get bigger. Sometimes thinking outside of the box for a year and just trying to get the car count up for 2012 is the way to go. I may be way off here, but I think this will help in the future.

This is just my $.02 and I know there are people that will disagree. I am fine with that.
Thank you.

Allowing for an anything goes approach is great for growing local club level to help attract new blood into 1/8 GT racing. You certainly don’t want to turn away a basher that is thinking about getting into track racing, but sooner or later they may graduate to running with the more seasoned GT racers at an actual event.

Now, this latest “bash fest” on the thread all began when a gentleman from Mexico was seeking information regarding rules for the SWCS/Texas Biggie event, not a local club race.

If a racer is traveling from far away to attend an event, informing him and any other prospective GT racers that no rules exist for said event (when in fact they really do) is not very fair to them or the others in attendance.

Jlock has post several times here & on several other forums on who to contact regarding SWCS events and where the GT rules can be reviewed. Some folks just feel they must insist that no rules exist for the events.

Now that the air has been cleared, we can all get pack to productive conversations of helping each other improve our cars, share pictures/videos, racing stories/news and maybe, just maybe we can really enjoying the fun of GT cars again as an international GT community.

That is of course if “alwaysgottatrytogetthelastwordinpit” will allow it, lol
Old 04-02-2011, 09:25 AM
Tech Regular

I saw that kit on the kyosho website a while ago, but was never able to find it anywhere until now. I think is basically the same as the gt2 in roller version with different color parts and the sirio engine. IMO I rather just get the rtr and a os 21vg or the ofna force 28 OR the new OS .19 speed tuned

I can't wait to get my gts running again! It won't be until mid May : (

I'm going to try to make it down to texas this year! Mikes track looks NiCe!
Old 04-02-2011, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Gonzo, what's the OS .19 Speed Tuned engine?
Never heard of that one.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Gonzo, what's the OS .19 Speed Tuned engine?
Never heard of that one.
i think its one of there new off road engine that suppose to have the same power & torque as a .21 but lighter and better fuel runtime .

http://www.osengines.com/engines/osmg2035.html
Old 04-02-2011, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Sounds cool, looks like we may have to look into it as another option for our Spec class.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Sounds cool, looks like we may have to look into it as another option for our Spec class.
i don't know,,,,it would be awesome but its a speed version and we know all speeds have a price of $400+ ...spec engines pricing is lower dollar engine corect me if i'm wrong
Old 04-02-2011, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

better suited for offroad, as on road motors are lighter than thAT? COME ON DESOTO RACING WHEN THATS NEW BATCH OF NOVAROSSI'S GETTING IN HERE, I HAVE 2 COMING FROM ABSOLUTE!!!
Old 04-02-2011, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I dont think it would be good for the spec class. It is still a Speed OS engine so you are looking at $500.00 for the engine. It does look like a nice engine. Mark Pavidas has been testing it and really likes it in low grip conditions. He did say it has less power than the .21 speed which makes since using it on low traction conditions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.