Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Its getting closer GT racers of the world....

http://www.panographos.com/clientes/...stakyosho.html

Is it March yet?
After checking out the link, damn, I hate I will have to miss this race due to work. The panoramic view of the track is awesome!!!!! For the guys from the US that are going, represent us well.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Isn't great to be racing our GT8's weekly in Austin, Tx. I'm glad this is an enjoyable class to race in.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:12 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JLock
After checking out the link, damn, I hate I will have to miss this race due to work. The panoramic view of the track is awesome!!!!! For the guys from the US that are going, represent us well.
I feel the same way, it's a shame that I will miss this race but I keep the hope up that I'll go the the Nats this year. This if work allows, I have to pay the bills some way
Old 02-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jneg
I feel the same way, it's a shame that I will miss this race but I keep the hope up that I'll go the the Nats this year. This if work allows, I have to pay the bills some way
Jneg,

The big race you had in Puerto Rico this past December, what are the dates for it for 2011? If it is around the same time in December as it was last year, I may try to come down and run with you guys this year. I heard the track you run on is great and you guys run long mains (right in my wheelhouse). Can't promise 100% I will be there but will try (since I can't do the Mexico City race).
Old 02-03-2011, 01:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JLock
Jneg,

The big race you had in Puerto Rico this past December, what are the dates for it for 2011? If it is around the same time in December as it was last year, I may try to come down and run with you guys this year. I heard the track you run on is great and you guys run long mains (right in my wheelhouse). Can't promise 100% I will be there but will try (since I can't do the Mexico City race).
There are two big races each year one in the summer and one in the winter. Both include 1/10 sedan, 1/10 novice (mostly kids with whatever they have), 1/8 and GTs. The summer race had around 80+ racers with two mains of GTs. We race a minimum of 30 minute A Mains but mostly 45 minute A's. 1/10 sedan and 1/8 have been run for a complete hour. Last winter had a lower turnout since the 1/8 preworlds where held on the same weekend. But in 2009 winter we had Mike Swager, Murnan, and other pro drivers. This summers Latin Cup will be held from July 15-17, the Caribbean Winter Cup from December 8-11. The great thing about the winter race is that there is a party on Saturday night with good food and great things to drink. But all in a very friendly atmosphere. If you need any info just let me know, it would be great to race with you again.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jneg
There are two big races each year one in the summer and one in the winter. Both include 1/10 sedan, 1/10 novice (mostly kids with whatever they have), 1/8 and GTs. The summer race had around 80+ racers with two mains of GTs. We race a minimum of 30 minute A Mains but mostly 45 minute A's. 1/10 sedan and 1/8 have been run for a complete hour. Last winter had a lower turnout since the 1/8 preworlds where held on the same weekend. But in 2009 winter we had Mike Swager, Murnan, and other pro drivers. This summers Latin Cup will be held from July 15-17, the Caribbean Winter Cup from December 8-11. The great thing about the winter race is that there is a party on Saturday night with good food and great things to drink. But all in a very friendly atmosphere. If you need any info just let me know, it would be great to race with you again.
PM me some info as far as hotels, etc. The time of the month is perfect and barring anything coming up, I will see about making the Caribbean Winter Cup 2011.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Jlock, we should have went to PR last Dec too.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Its getting closer GT racers of the world....

http://www.panographos.com/clientes/...stakyosho.html

Is it March yet?
wow you are letting belt drive cars in the race swett.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Bigjez,

Jspeed decided to let the Rallygame belt-drive cars run due to a large contingent from Brazil supposedly run those cars and wanted to attend the race. So, no one is left out as far as chassis design.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:08 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah, the belt-drive RG cars are cool to race in "GT Open".
Attached Thumbnails GT class--buggy-based on road!-ipanema-wide-gt-vs-standard-gt-slicks.jpg  
Old 02-05-2011, 05:26 AM
Tech Adept

Well i hope tp start racing sometime this yr.I was thinking about ordering a bmt rallygame car but im not sure yet i have not drive my dm-1 yet lol.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

What are some good clutch shoes for these? I am running the 2 speed setup.

Does Nova RC make any that fit?

Thanks guys!

Old 02-05-2011, 04:31 PM
Tech Adept

Just ordered these
Old 02-05-2011, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My wife finished to paint my R2 DM SPEC body for practice :

And now she is starting the work on the body i will be using in Peru next week at "Copa del Pacifico" (Pacific Cup) on GT Class :

Hope this class gets bigger and bigger everyday ... i saw that "allowing belt drive" rule for Mexico race, and really for me at least its the first step for "wallet war" on GT ... GT's are not RG's and RG's are not GT's, come on !!

cya !
Old 02-05-2011, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Definitely won't lose track of that body in the pack. Nice!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.