Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 08:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GT Speed Freak
I have personally had the opportunity to compare the Alpha Slicks to nearly every tire on the market and have been impressed with their excellent traction and durability. I was so confident in the quality of the tires, that I ran the same slicks in two consecutive 45min races at the 2010 GT National Championships. The tires performed so well and had such little wear that I could not justify changing them.

Paul Roberts
On your site I only see where it says soft, medium, and hard shore? What are the shore ratings and temp ranges for each shore for the Alpha slicks?

Are the wheels available separately?

Is the wing included with the body?
Old 11-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spooky 1
I set up free Wednesday night races here for the GTs just to try to strengthen the class.
Free??? When??? Next year??? Sounds great Spooky!!
Old 11-05-2010, 10:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jneg
With the bodies they have to be scale looking GT cars, no Lola bodies are allowed.
Whats a Lola Body??
Old 11-05-2010, 11:31 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RussF
Whats a Lola Body??
The Lola body type is what is most commonly used in 1/8 on road. These cars used to be raced in the Can-Am class (1:1 Scale) where there were almost no rules so these cars made about 1000Hp and weight about 1200lbs. These were insane cars ultra fast and very dangerous.
Attached Thumbnails GT class--buggy-based on road!-lola.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-lola_t-222_can-am_car.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-lola_t-310_can-am_car.jpg  
Old 11-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

The Lola body type is what is most commonly used in 1/8 on road. These cars used to be raced in the Can-Am class (1:1 Scale) where there were almost no rules so these cars made about 1000Hp and weight about 1200lbs. These were insane cars ultra fast and very dangerous.
Yes cars were and still are very fast. First picture is actually an SCCA S2000 car, 2 liter overhead cam, non turbo car (I ran a Crossle back in the day, 1100 #'s with me in it, very quick) but nothing like the 6 liter Can-Am cars =, which is what I wanted to run.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I want that alpha body.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Grenade10
Yes cars were and still are very fast. First picture is actually an SCCA S2000 car, 2 liter overhead cam, non turbo car (I ran a Crossle back in the day, 1100 #'s with me in it, very quick) but nothing like the 6 liter Can-Am cars =, which is what I wanted to run.
Thats very cool that you got to see them in action all I've been able is to see them on TV. I'm from the IMSA GTP days. But still a fan of the brutally powerfull cars of that era. I knew something was not right with that picture but I put it on anyway because that was the only one I could find of quickly of the classic profile of those cars.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:46 AM
Tech Addict

Hello from France,

we just started the Rally Game season last WE.
It consist in 6 races throw the winter months....

Fo equity, we provide to all drivers the same tyres in hard conpound, so you can have a great car whit a great engine you won't go faster bescause of the grip...

This new season saw the arrival of belt rally game chassis, and because these chassis are faster by 1second than drive shaft chassis we decided to change the rules for belts. They must run 4 doors body or realistic bodiy (Audi A4, Ford Focus, Mercedes, Fiat 500...) and with that, lap times are equal..

Everybody is happy, from the old off road chassis modified to the topclass level belt chassis....

Wht I want to say is, if you allow specialized bodies with high grip tyres, you will disserve the nice new category.
In Itally, evererything is possible and that's why rally game is dying!!
Too much money to have "The Car"...
If you want a speed car go to MRX5...
If you want fun, go to Rally Game cars but, you have to try to stop the development if you want a fun category..

Au revoir.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Thats very cool that you got to see them in action all I've been able is to see them on TV. I'm from the IMSA GTP days. But still a fan of the brutally powerfull cars of that era. I knew something was not right with that picture but I put it on anyway because that was the only one I could find of quickly of the classic profile of those cars.
The Crossle with a body change was legal for the under 2 liter class in IMSA, was looking at making the change and then work, family ..... life got in the way. I do have a few laps in a McLaren M8, but left much in reserve as I could not afford to replace a wheel let alone a corner or more if I really did something stupid. Had an offer to run an open wheel McLaren Formula 5000 car at a vintage race in Steamboat and thought better of that and watched instead.

Did not earn the nickname with out finding the limits of stuff ......... still do, just R/C stuff .......................

Your photo was good for the question, and I thank you for bring back some good memories for me. Maybe I'll replace the 235 avatar with one from the car, still have some around. ..... Yes that my S2000

Last edited by Grenade10; 11-06-2010 at 07:36 AM.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by romuald31
Hello from France,

we just started the Rally Game season last WE.
It consist in 6 races throw the winter months....

Fo equity, we provide to all drivers the same tyres in hard conpound, so you can have a great car whit a great engine you won't go faster bescause of the grip...

This new season saw the arrival of belt rally game chassis, and because these chassis are faster by 1second than drive shaft chassis we decided to change the rules for belts. They must run 4 doors body or realistic bodiy (Audi A4, Ford Focus, Mercedes, Fiat 500...) and with that, lap times are equal..

Everybody is happy, from the old off road chassis modified to the topclass level belt chassis....

Wht I want to say is, if you allow specialized bodies with high grip tyres, you will disserve the nice new category.
In Itally, evererything is possible and that's why rally game is dying!!
Too much money to have "The Car"...
If you want a speed car go to MRX5...
If you want fun, go to Rally Game cars but, you have to try to stop the development if you want a fun category..

Au revoir.
This guy makes a lot of sense! Where are we headed with this class? A set of racing rubber tires is almost twice the price of 1/8 scale foam for a true on-road race car. $600.00 on-road engines are showing up in un-limited classes, along with slammed GTP style bodies. We need hard tires, sedan bodies, and unprepped tracks. Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well i hope this class don't die...i love the GT scene...i do agree on the cost on tires ..but one thing i learn from you guys on this thread back in sept. the labor day weekend how some of the spec class guys time were faster than the open class..it change my mind about about getting a flash special so next season im trying the O.S. .21VG...its all about having fun & try to keep it simple
Old 11-06-2010, 12:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

That's mostly the reason why the real racing series died completely in 8 years. I have no interest in seeing Can-Am style or generic bodies in the class, to say nothing of the fact that Cam-am has been dead for longer than most RC racers have been alive. It's a slippery slope, and the reason 1/8 on-road racing is so limited right now. There are no limits and it's quite expensive. I enjoy it very much, but GT is a different class and more popular for a reason. Licensed GT bodies ONLY. ;o)
Old 11-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Tech Adept

Does anyone know if there will be an Alpha body to fit the DM-1 Pro 1/7?
Old 11-06-2010, 04:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Smile

Hey! Fellas i just wanted to jump in on the Alpha tires conversation. I ran the tires at the GT Nat. and they ran great when i put them on my car i had a hole new car i could drive my car the way i want to with the other tires i was running i couldn't do that. This is how i know. My rear was a little loose all wkend i ran the last qual before the mains with the Alpha tire and my car ran great i could drive my car the way i wanted to and i was in first place but at the end of the race the tires started to over heat because i was running the soft tires. I started the B-main in 7th place and I was running the med tires i forgot how long the main was i think 20 or 30 mins but with 3 mins left in the race i was winning by a lap then my rear got loose i thought it was the tires over heating and i ended up winning 2nd in the B-main. When i checked my car i realized it wasn't my tires over heating it was my diff gears striped but anyway i just want to tell my story about the Alpha tires i think they're great tires to run and they wear good, last long and what i like the most the rim is strong. Sorry my thread so long but "Thats my story and i'm sticking to it."
Old 11-06-2010, 10:11 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by WildBillMassey
On your site I only see where it says soft, medium, and hard shore? What are the shore ratings and temp ranges for each shore for the Alpha slicks?

Are the wheels available separately?

Is the wing included with the body?

Answers to you questions.

Attached is the shore selection chart for the Alpha tires.

The tires are only offered premounted on alpha rims

The wing, hardware, stickers, and masking is included in the Alpha body.
Attached Thumbnails GT class--buggy-based on road!-alpha-tire-shore-selection.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.