Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 12:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WildBillMassey
Go to "Join", and enter a new application. On the bottom it asks for your ROAR number, and they will renew that number.

Wild Bill,thanks again..
Old 10-06-2010, 02:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Chris K
Well, I guess I could be responsible for typing what I thought I wanted to express instead of what I DID express.....

And thanks to those who could 'read between the lines' because what I intended to type was PRODUCTION GT..... Prototypes have run their course in our hobby; they now look all the same and contribute to handling - no changing history - that's the way it is and THAT is NOT the way I would like to see IGT racing go.

Anyone have Dale Eppes ear??? PLEASE tell him to lengthen the body he currenntly produces so that we can have an alternative to the Warrior. I had truly hoped that the Warrier would 'grow' on me but the reality is that I'm no fonder of it today than I was the day I bought it. AND, I have a whole winter to figure out how to patch together my McLaren body that came with my chassis - good thing it's black 'cause it's NOT hard to match the paint!!!!!!

AND truly there's NOT anything wrong with the Warrior other than it just plain doesn't look right... it probably helps handling but honestly, I really don't care - I want a car on the track that looks like something that the average person can walk up to and say 'I'm rootin' for the old man driving the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (insert brand of your choice)' rather than 'what the heck kinda' car is that?????'

My thoughts; my dreams for the class; probably never happen 'cause sadly I think the die is cast....
I'm truly an interloper here but I did have an IGT for a while last year till I figured out that I could not do two cars justice on a club race day. I agree with the original poster that the bodies need to look like something - when I watch Mark Rodney, Bill Klingbeil , and Scott McNish run in a tight pack with two corvettes and an Aston all painted like race cars at the Toledo club races - makes me want to join in - going waay out on a limb would it make any sense to reward with a handicap system( gee there's another whole can of worms)cars with realistic bodies and paint jobs.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:27 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Timmo
"GT" production cars...
No one off prototypes....

I think there is a rule for that,like there has to be so many of that car produced to the public that can be verified as production cars.I forget what the number is..
Actually both are right there are several classes in the real 1/1 FIA GT championship, it is a quetion of choosing which class you wish to recreate in our down scale RC Hobbie. Following a transcription of FIA GT rules.

AFM

The FIA GT Championship

Is a sports car racing series organized by the Stéphane Ratel Organisation (SRO) at the behest of the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA). The championship is mostly concentrated in Europe, but throughout the years has visited other continents including Asia and South America.

Regulations
FIA currently defines two categories of GT cars: GT1, or Grand Touring Cars, and GT2, or Series Grand Touring Cars. Each category has an annual driver champion, team champion, and manufacturer champion. Both categories are based on production road car designs, which must be produced in a minimum quantity of 25 examples to qualify. Both types may undergo significant modifications from the road car they are based on, but GT1 allows the use of exotic materials, better aerodynamics, larger brakes, wider tires and larger engine admission restrictors.

Since the 2006 season, the FIA created a new class called GT3. GT3 cars are closer to their production counterparts and are very simply racetrack prepared with the essentials (rollcages for safety, stripped interiors, race spec fuel tanks, etc.).
Prestigious motorsports makes such as Aston Martin, Chevrolet, Dodge, Lamborghini, Ascari and Maserati take part in FIA GT3 European Championship, a support series in some rounds of the main championship.

The FIA defines a GT car as "an open or closed automobile which has no more than one door on each side and a minimum of two seats situated one on each side of the longitudinal centre line of the car; these two seats must be crossed by the same transversal plane. This car must be able to be used perfectly legally on the open road, and adapted for racing on circuits or closed courses."

All races in the FIA GT Championship were of endurance type, a full race distance lasting a minimum of 500 km or a maximum of three hours, with the exception of the Spa 24 Hours and the exhibition Mil Milhas Brasileiras, which is run over a thousand miles and was planned to be a round of the championship in 2007. However, with the release of the 2007 FIA GT Championship season schedule and rules, the FIA GT series becames more of a sprint race event, with all races being a maximum of 2 hours with the exception of the Spa 24 Hours, and no Mil Milhas on the schedule.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

WTF!!! Anyone seen this before?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TshFWSsrn8
Old 10-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

That was pretty cool!! Looked like a ton of fun.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

WTF..........
Old 10-07-2010, 05:29 PM
Tech Addict

Very nice video.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

that video was crazy i like it
Old 10-08-2010, 01:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yea, my friends showed me the other day. Did you guys see the video also on DC's website. Not my style but a little more driving. Gymkhana 2 was amazing also last year.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I'm very much aware that it's just barely Fall but I'm sure that there are a lot of folks just like me that plan on a complete tear down with their IGT cars and some new goodies over the winter.

At the TOP of my list is at least one realistic appearing body - and from what I understand there is still no supply of Kyosho bodies available...

So, is any other manufacturer going to step up to the plate???

We hear rumors and cad drawings of this guys' and that guy's but has anyone even begun to fill the demand???? Now I'm talkin' about REAL PRODUCTION - not a lot of what if's and we coulds but honest production or firm production plans.....

I realize that we're NOT at the top of the food chain as far as numbers are concerned BUT from what I've seen MOST of us should be good for at least a couple of bodies a year!!!!!
Old 10-13-2010, 08:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Corvette and McLaren bodies are due in the first 2 weeks of November.

As soon as Alpha is established here in the states, their badass body will be available.

I have been using the SC8 body with great success.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Wild Bill: Ya know??? You keep talkin' 'bout that SC body and honestly, it's beginning to make sense!!!!!!!!

If they were'nt' so pea picken' expensive I'd throw one down just to test reaction!!!!!! I just don't have an extra $60 to mess with my fellow racers!

On the other hand, I DO have a really nice SC 8 that just gathers dust in my office 'cause it looks so cool - never been started!!!!!!
Old 10-14-2010, 03:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WildBillMassey
Corvette and McLaren bodies are due in the first 2 weeks of November.

As soon as Alpha is established here in the states, their badass body will be available.

I have been using the SC8 body with great success.
wild bill you have a pm
Old 10-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Tech Addict

replied
Old 10-14-2010, 04:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Chris K
Wild Bill: Ya know??? You keep talkin' 'bout that SC body and honestly, it's beginning to make sense!!!!!!!!

If they were'nt' so pea picken' expensive I'd throw one down just to test reaction!!!!!! I just don't have an extra $60 to mess with my fellow racers!

On the other hand, I DO have a really nice SC 8 that just gathers dust in my office 'cause it looks so cool - never been started!!!!!!
$50 with free shipping from me. I just realized I did not have them on the site.

If any of you guys want one, just email me. I will get them up on the site ASAP.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.