Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
GT class--buggy-based on road! > GT class--buggy-based on road!

GT class--buggy-based on road!


Old 05-14-2010, 07:51 PM
  #3496  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 265
Default

Originally Posted by Bubba Cola View Post
Those motors are not legal in spec class. Who ok them?
There are no official rules for GT at this point. Depending on what race you attend the rules might be a little different. A few people have implemented their own rules for the races they promote and/or run. Jeff-Ipanema has a version, Steve Pond is working on the rules for ROAR, I put on the the "Novarossi Challenge" series (CA, CT & FL), FORGASS here in Florida will be running the class as part of the Florida State On-road Gas series, local tracks have their own flavor, etc. The engines I labeled 'Spec' fall under the spirit of the Spec class: 3 or 5 ports, $250 or less, nothing exotic...

BTW Today, the goal is to add more racers to the GT class. We should welcome all new GT racers. Instead of focusing on what engine a person runs, shouldn't we be focusing on promoting the GT class and helping put on events where you and other GT racers can go and have a good time?
jdesoto is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:11 PM
  #3497  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 265
Default

Originally Posted by williamw View Post
Can you post some pictures of the N21-3T and the N21-5T please? What pipes are recomended with these two engines?

Thanks, Will
http://www.novarossi.it/eng/products...-3T&brand=nova

http://www.novarossi.it/eng/products...-5T&brand=nova

We recommend the Nova 2015 (51010) or 2052 (51011) pipes for both engines. Use the Nova 41019 or 41021 headers.
jdesoto is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:32 PM
  #3498  
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,513
Default

Originally Posted by jdesoto View Post
There are no official rules for GT at this point. Depending on what race you attend the rules might be a little different. A few people have implemented their own rules for the races they promote and/or run. Jeff-Ipanema has a version, Steve Pond is working on the rules for ROAR, I put on the the "Novarossi Challenge" series (CA, CT & FL), FORGASS here in Florida will be running the class as part of the Florida State On-road Gas series, local tracks have their own flavor, etc.
Jaoquin, I am very disappointed that you have chosen to conduct your company’s business in such a disrespectful and deplorable manner.

Your total arrogance & lack of respect to some of our most esteemed international GT Spec Class Founders and GT Spec class racers is not the path best chosen, as a newbe player in the GT Spec class arena looking to gain trust.

There are rules that most of us follow around the GT Spec class world, most are very close, with only slight differences. Maybe you might want to learn some of them, before you disrespect us all again.

O'yeah, you might also stop bragging to people about what you want them to believe what you think you have done for GT racing and try to learn why GT SPEC CLASS racing has been growing strong without any negativity from you.

Last edited by Jspeed; 05-15-2010 at 03:33 AM.
Jspeed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:29 AM
  #3499  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
Pit-racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Cali/Texas
Posts: 2,329
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Seems like soto just wants to sell his product. Don't mess up a good thing please.
Pit-racer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 06:13 PM
  #3500  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 265
Default

Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
Jaoquin, I am very disappointed that you have chosen to conduct your company’s business in such a disrespectful and deplorable manner.

Your total arrogance & lack of respect to some of our most esteemed international GT Spec Class Founders and GT Spec class racers is not the path best chosen, as a newbe player in the GT Spec class arena looking to gain trust.

There are rules that most of us follow around the GT Spec class world, most are very close, with only slight differences. Maybe you might want to learn some of them, before you disrespect us all again.

O'yeah, you might also stop bragging to people about what you want them to believe what you think you have done for GT racing and try to learn why GT SPEC CLASS racing has been growing strong without any negativity from you.
Jeff, your post is a lie, defamatory and libel. I will forward your post to my lawyer. It is now very clear to me why so many people in this sport refuse to work with you.

ROAR/IFMAR are the only official governing organizations. You have no authority or right to evaluate products for them. I will work with ROAR-Steve.
jdesoto is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:29 PM
  #3501  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (16)
 
J.Gonzalez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: connecticut
Posts: 2,409
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

...
J.Gonzalez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:27 AM
  #3502  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Gonzo RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 367
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

In MY opinion I just think all this drama is really unecessary...

It seems like Joaquin in more interested in selling his engines than helping the Spec class grow. Joaquin please don't take this too personal I really wouldn't want to deal with your lawyer but why can't you just be a little PATIENT and wait for the engines to be approved first!!! weather it be by Jeff, ROAR, IFMAR or whoever is supposed to approved them??? Do you know what the spec class is about??? Correct me if i'm wrong but the idea is to keep everything as "fare", "similar" or whatever you want to call it as possible so that no one has advantage over tthe others because he's running a more powerful engine or aftermarket hop ups! I mean am I right or what?

In my understanding the SPEC class is one of the cheapest nitro classes anyone can get into and be competitive. I think that's why Victor has been very succesfull in Mexico, now why try to ruin that??? Theres the OPEN class run whatever you please in that class!!! Anyway I'm sure one of the Mexican drivers has a good chance of winning in the open class running a spec engine anyway so what's the big deal????

Joaquin please don't take this to the heart just my opinion! If you don't like it just pretend you didn't read this... OK>?
Gonzo RR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:29 AM
  #3503  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Aptos/Mass
Posts: 5
Default

Originally Posted by Gonzo RR View Post
Anyway I'm sure one of the Mexican drivers has a good chance of winning in the open class running a spec engine anyway so what's the big deal????
Last time I checked two Americans were crowned world champions...

GO USA
RCnut4Life is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:26 AM
  #3504  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
bobbyblaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,565
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

correct guys just some info of knowledge here....why don't they make the rules simple like modified & unmodified classes. pretty much majority of the engines equality match...

i know we trying to keep cost down but it tough...for example: look at the slash class i know its offroad but it started out $129-$150 class now its a $500 class now
lets keep it simple and fun before you know with all the rules we going to have to take study course & test to get degree to race lol
bobbyblaze is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:26 AM
  #3505  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (59)
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,405
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default

I confused here.. why is everyone jumping down Jaoquins throat. If he wants to have a "Novarossi Challenge" with his own set of rules then thats his right.

Ipanema will retain their version and Roar will come up with their own. Local tracks / clubs in the end set up their own version / twist of the rules anyways. This is nothing new.

As far as him trying to sell his product, well he is not the only one.
Raman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:48 PM
  #3506  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Gonzo RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 367
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RCnut4Life View Post
Last time I checked two Americans were crowned world champions...

GO USA
Yes that's right. Did you checked the lap times?
Gonzo RR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:59 PM
  #3507  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 442
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Raman View Post
I confused here.. why is everyone jumping down Jaoquins throat. If he wants to have a "Novarossi Challenge" with his own set of rules then thats his right.

Ipanema will retain their version and Roar will come up with their own. Local tracks / clubs in the end set up their own version / twist of the rules anyways. This is nothing new.

As far as him trying to sell his product, well he is not the only one.
To quote my favorite beer commercial, "TRUE, TRUE."
williamw is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:33 PM
  #3508  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Gonzo RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 367
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Raman View Post
I confused here.. why is everyone jumping down Jaoquins throat. If he wants to have a "Novarossi Challenge" with his own set of rules then thats his right.

Ipanema will retain their version and Roar will come up with their own. Local tracks / clubs in the end set up their own version / twist of the rules anyways. This is nothing new.

As far as him trying to sell his product, well he is not the only one.
Can you think of how this affects the "SPEC" class if everyone is running their own set of "spec" rules???

I'm just a regular customer, a nobody if you want but I think it has a negative effect on the class... Don't you think???

It brakes apart it's fundation and purpose
Gonzo RR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:09 PM
  #3509  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (59)
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,405
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Gonzo RR View Post
Can you think of how this affects the "SPEC" class if everyone is running their own set of "spec" rules???

I'm just a regular customer, a nobody if you want but I think it has a negative effect on the class... Don't you think???

It brakes apart it's fundation and purpose


"The engines I labeled 'Spec' fall under the spirit of the Spec class: 3 or 5 ports, $250 or less, nothing exotic..."

I don't think this statement diminishes the foundation of the GT class by budgeting in an $50 for a motor. But then again, like you, I too am just a nobody in this hobby.
Raman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:32 PM
  #3510  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,487
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Raman View Post
"The engines I labeled 'Spec' fall under the spirit of the Spec class: 3 or 5 ports, $250 or less, nothing exotic..."

I don't think this statement diminishes the foundation of the GT class by budgeting in an $50 for a motor. But then again, like you, I too am just a nobody in this hobby.
Raman,

What if I came to stay at your house and violated the rules of your house, disrespecting you in front of your family in the process? That is what this is all about. Instead of going through the proper channels, which jdesoto knew and was told, he decided to disrespect the work and rules that Jspeed, Ipanema, and many others put forward and just decided to do whatever he felt because he disagrees with what has been established and told us so. The rules are the rules, plain and simple. What happens if you do 80 in a 65 zone on the highway? If a patrol officer sees you and clocks you, you get stopped for speeding because you are violating the rule of law. This is what jdesoto's posting and subsequent posts do, disrespecting the folks that have been making GT racing into what it is now and totally disregarding what has been established. That may sit fine with some, but for those that had and have been working hard at establishing GT into a viable and credible racing class with those that think it is just a passing fad and the r/c community as a whole, this is like a slap to their faces.

Last edited by JLock; 05-19-2010 at 12:22 PM.
JLock is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service