Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 05:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigjez
I would like to know this as well.I have notice that the gt2 is longer and i would love to run the vette body on my dm-1 spec.Also is there or can i use the ofna jammin chassis to get the length for the kyosho bodies and still be in the ball park with the rules for gt class thanks.
GT1 / DM1S have a wheel base of 325 / 330 mm (standard buggy chassis)
GT2 has a wheel base of 360 mm (Kyosho ST Chassis)

Ofna Jammin is a buggy so the wheel base length will be 325 or so.

Currently most truggys have wheel base of 370 mm.

Therefore, GT2 bodies only fit Kyosho GT2s for the time being... unless you create your own 360 mm wheelbase chassis!
Old 04-11-2010, 05:51 PM
Tech Adept

Nice conversion, i think i will get the jammin chassis and try it.And why will they not let us use carbon fiber chassis this is crazy its a hop up,I mean if the next guy wants to be fast get the right hop ups jmo.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Raman
GT1 / DM1S have a wheel base of 325 / 330 mm (standard buggy chassis)
GT2 has a wheel base of 360 mm (Kyosho ST Chassis)

Ofna Jammin is a buggy so the wheel base length will be 325 or so.

Currently most truggys have wheel base of 370 mm.

Therefore, GT2 bodies only fit Kyosho GT2s for the time being... unless you create your own 360 mm wheelbase chassis!
Wow thanks for the help i was going to open another page and order it lol that would have been a mess thanks.I thought it was a guy on here that use the jammin chassis and said it work on the gt2 bodies, hold on here is his name ( tbo713 ).

I just look at the jammin x2 and they said the gave it a longer chassis it might look into it.

Last edited by bigjez; 04-11-2010 at 06:24 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:40 PM
wwoodruff

Default Thanks Lee!

Originally Posted by Winner's Circle
Looks good Will!

Lee
Thanks Lee!

Old 04-11-2010, 06:45 PM
wwoodruff

QUOTE=bigjez;7259186]Nice conversion, i think i will get the jammin chassis and try it.And why will they not let us use carbon fiber chassis this is crazy its a hop up,I mean if the next guy wants to be fast get the right hop ups jmo.[/QUOTE]

The idea is to keep the costs somewhat under control, other wise we might as well run 1/8 on-road Serpents, MRX4, etc. You will have to ask Jeff and Roar about that one.
The guys who won the big race in south florida were running very stock cars, except for the engine in the open class.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:47 PM
wwoodruff

Wow thanks for the help i was going to open another page and order it lol that would have been a mess thanks.I thought it was a guy on here that use the jammin chassis and said it work on the gt2 bodies, hold on here is his name ( tbo713 ).

I just look at the jammin x2 and they said the gave it a longer chassis it might look into it.
Kyosho made a mid length truck for awhile called the ST-R, it happens to be the same length as the GT2. All the new truggies have very long chassis.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wwoodruff
QUOTE=bigjez;7259186]Nice conversion, i think i will get the jammin chassis and try it.And why will they not let us use carbon fiber chassis this is crazy its a hop up,I mean if the next guy wants to be fast get the right hop ups jmo.
The idea is to keep the costs somewhat under control, other wise we might as well run 1/8 on-road Serpents, MRX4, etc. You will have to ask Jeff and Roar about that one.
The guys who won the big race in south florida were running very stock cars, except for the engine in the open class. [/QUOTE]

Good point those serpants and mrx4 can get up there in price.
I guess ill figure out something about this chassis stuff i might just leave well enough alone lol.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:55 PM
wwoodruff

The dm1-s is a good car, if you really want to blow dough on it visit the guys at www.kingheads.com
They make a lighter aluminum chassis out of 7075 and the hinge pin blocks guys break on those cars. Maxvelocity racing make carbon shock towers and radio tray that are legal. Also find the Ofna DM1 forum and change out to a standard shock tower up front instead of the lay down setup. The car comes with great looking body, Oh yeah add some Ipanema slicks and go have fun at the races!

Old 04-11-2010, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Nice conversion, i think i will get the jammin chassis and try it.And why will they not let us use carbon fiber chassis this is crazy its a hop up,I mean if the next guy wants to be fast get the right hop ups jmo.
At our GT events, the Max Velocity lower carbon plates are 100% legal in the "Open" class.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wwoodruff
The dm1-s is a good car, if you really want to blow dough on it visit the guys at www.kingheads.com
They make a lighter aluminum chassis out of 7075 and the hinge pin blocks guys break on those cars. Maxvelocity racing make carbon shock towers and radio tray that are legal. Also find the Ofna DM1 forum and change out to a standard shock tower up front instead of the lay down setup. The car comes with great looking body, Oh yeah add some Ipanema slicks and go have fun at the races!
Thanks bro for the help thanks.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jspeed
At our GT events, the Max Velocity lower carbon plates are 100% legal in the "Open" class.
Wow i hope R.O.A.R. will follow you guys but if not oh well i have fun anyway.
I hope you guys can make your way up here in toledo ohio our track here is run by One eighth racer check there site out,maybe you guys can make up here.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Here are some pictures of the "Club Kyosho Ajusco" race track.
It is in the mountains above Mexico City. We are working on the production of a video tour of the facilities, that will show everyone how great a track it is.

Get ready for the Ipanema Sports 2011 GT World Championships at "Club Kyosho Ajusco" Mexico City!

Last edited by Jspeed; 04-13-2010 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Add all the pretty pictures!
Old 04-13-2010, 02:03 PM
Tech Adept

Wow thats nice.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

wow that track is freakin' awsome wish we had one in bama
Old 04-13-2010, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

From March 23rd to the 27th it can be yours too!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.