R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-29-2003, 04:08 PM   #16
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by VoneRkid
You should try out 16/22 pinion and 47/43 spur you find the will have a lot punch and a lot faster on the top end

Damo
A 16/22 pinion combination is not the best way to go. That is a 7.58 to 5.05 ratio drop off or 33% gear reduction.

If you shift at 34,000 rpm you will drop to 22,600 rpm on the shift. Look at the attachment of a dyno printout of a normal RS12 motor. You will see the powerband is around 29,000 rpm onwards. By running this large a split you are dropping well out of your powerband on the shift.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dyno - novarossi [1].rs 12 turbo.jpg (20.7 KB, 75 views)
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 04:12 PM   #17
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default Re: gear combo

Quote:
Originally posted by pro ak
you guys should try the fast gear conversion kit from 3 racing. it comes with 2 24t pully and 2 new belt to fit it. Use 15/19 pinnion and you will get 20% extra power.
you can get it cheapest at www.prorc.net
and use 45/49 spur
This post is pure spam. Firstly I can get it cheaper elsewhere so your "cheapest" statement is not accurate. Secondly it is impossible to gain 20% more power from gearing. Changing your gearing will gain you exactly 0% more power as anybody who knows anything about RC should know. This 24T conversion will increase your top speed at the sacrifice of acceleration.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 10:05 PM   #18
Tech Elite
 
esham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: racing line - push to the limit
Posts: 2,942
Default

AMGRacer, I still remember what you told me on improving the car performance and driving skill - Start with gearing, setup. And now i'm in gearing mode. As i said before 16/20 and 49/44 is good for me with my track layout. This i compare with my previous stock gearing, what i can see is my pick up on short straight is improve and my high speed is consistent - fast and i happy with it. Later I need to test and experience myself how its feel with different gearing combination.
__________________
Kyosho R4/V1RRREvo2/ OSpeed>Nova353T & S/Evo4M>Nova-KeepOnS
Transponder Pokok Cherry- [email protected]
Kelab Peminat Kereta Kawalan Jauh Ipoh, Perak
esham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 03:36 AM   #19
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: gear combo

Quote:
Originally posted by RR
Hi there pro ak

would you care to explain, where should the 2, 24T pulleys be place. is it at the rear shaft? replacing the 2, 19T pulleys. and how long is the belt? or how many teeths does the 2 belt have? and does it work together with the front side 25T pulley.
sorry for asking so much
wanting to get this conversion kit, but don't know how it work. thank in advance
When you use the 24T pulley conversion, you need the S3M198 belt (66 teeth, 198 mm length) for the rear and S3M384 belt (128 teeth, 384 mm length) for the side when you use with the 25T front side pulley. You can also use the Yokomo ZE-198 rear belt for the rear.

If you use 27T front side pulley, you need another belt as the side belt. I don't know the number of teeth you need. Perhaps somebody else can help...

Using 25T will create front overdrive on the car. It should work with the 24T pulley conversion the same as it does if you're on the stock 19T pulleys. To get back to the same front and rear tire rollout, you need to run a 4 to 5 mm split (front tires 4 to 5 mm smaller than rear).
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 05:09 PM   #20
Tech Elite
 
kevink2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Glendale, Calif.
Posts: 2,154
Default Re: Re: gear combo

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
This post is pure spam. Firstly I can get it cheaper elsewhere so your "cheapest" statement is not accurate. Secondly it is impossible to gain 20% more power from gearing. Changing your gearing will gain you exactly 0% more power as anybody who knows anything about RC should know. This 24T conversion will increase your top speed at the sacrifice of acceleration.
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 07:29 PM   #21
Tech Elite
 
esham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: racing line - push to the limit
Posts: 2,942
Default

Guys, yesterday my foreman told me that I can't mix 2 different gap between 1st Gear and the 2nd Gear. Means if my 1st Gear - 16/48 and 20/44, I can't change to 16/49 and 20/43 .. Aaa... Is that true? Why?
What my problem is on my current setup combo 16/49, 20/44 the 2nd Gear was abit short for my track straight. so I plan to change the 2nd pinion and spur to 21/43 is it ok? Or amy other thing that i should consider?
__________________
Kyosho R4/V1RRREvo2/ OSpeed>Nova353T & S/Evo4M>Nova-KeepOnS
Transponder Pokok Cherry- [email protected]
Kelab Peminat Kereta Kawalan Jauh Ipoh, Perak
esham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 08:08 PM   #22
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by esham
Guys, yesterday my foreman told me that I can't mix 2 different gap between 1st Gear and the 2nd Gear. Means if my 1st Gear - 16/48 and 20/44, I can't change to 16/49 and 20/43 .. Aaa... Is that true? Why?
What my problem is on my current setup combo 16/49, 20/44 the 2nd Gear was abit short for my track straight. so I plan to change the 2nd pinion and spur to 21/43 is it ok? Or amy other thing that i should consider?
You can do what you are asking. The info you were given is incorrect...............
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 08:50 PM   #23
Tech Elite
 
esham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: racing line - push to the limit
Posts: 2,942
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
You can do what you are asking. The info you were given is incorrect...............
Is that means that i can use either

16/49
20/43
or
16/49
21/43

Thanks in advamce AMG
__________________
Kyosho R4/V1RRREvo2/ OSpeed>Nova353T & S/Evo4M>Nova-KeepOnS
Transponder Pokok Cherry- [email protected]
Kelab Peminat Kereta Kawalan Jauh Ipoh, Perak
esham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 09:16 PM   #24
Tech Elite
 
vones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 2,022
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by esham
Is that means that i can use either

16/49=65
20/43=63....tis is too big in difference..
or
16/49=65
21/43=64....tis is ok...but best is the same like 65=65..64=64

Thanks in advamce AMG
vones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 09:25 PM   #25
Tech Addict
 
prawntoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 617
Default Fast ratio conversion kit

Quote:
Originally posted by RR
Hi there pro ak

would you care to explain, where should the 2, 24T pulleys be place. is it at the rear shaft? replacing the 2, 19T pulleys. and how long is the belt? or how many teeths does the 2 belt have? and does it work together with the front side 25T pulley.
sorry for asking so much
wanting to get this conversion kit, but don't know how it work. thank in advance
I have tried it myself - works quite well and I am satisfied with it for long / high-speed tracks.

the 2 X 24T pulleys replace the 19T pulleys at the back.
It includes 2 belts (the long one for the 25T side pulley) and alumnimium spacers.
You should drop your pinion by 1 tooth when using this fast ratio conversion kit.

Well, here is theory :-)

With the fast ratio conversion kit, the increase in speed theoretically is abt 18.5% assuming using 27T side pulley , and 20% for front if using 25T side pulley. Of course drivability is another question given the nature of some of the short/small tracks we have in s'pore and malaysia. The manufacturer is right to say that to use the fast ratio kit, 15T and 19T pinions (drop 1 tooth from the stock 16/20) must be used otherwise the ratio is even faster at high speed, probably render the car undrivable due to steep reduction in low-end torque.
prawntoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 11:25 PM   #26
Tech Elite
 
vones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 2,022
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Fast ratio conversion kit

Quote:
Originally posted by prawntoe
I have tried it myself - works quite well and I am satisfied with it for long / high-speed tracks.

the 2 X 24T pulleys replace the 19T pulleys at the back.
It includes 2 belts (the long one for the 25T side pulley) and alumnimium spacers.
You should drop your pinion by 1 tooth when using this fast ratio conversion kit.

Well, here is theory :-)

With the fast ratio conversion kit, the increase in speed theoretically is abt 18.5% assuming using 27T side pulley , and 20% for front if using 25T side pulley. Of course drivability is another question given the nature of some of the short/small tracks we have in s'pore and malaysia. The manufacturer is right to say that to use the fast ratio kit, 15T and 19T pinions (drop 1 tooth from the stock 16/20) must be used otherwise the ratio is even faster at high speed, probably render the car undrivable due to steep reduction in low-end torque.
oh... u let out our little secret!!!
vones is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
KYOSHO GXR28 + Pipe Combo DogboneS R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 04-06-2013 08:02 PM
What spur and pinion gear combo TC4?? pacteam07 Electric On-Road 0 05-27-2008 06:13 PM
what gear combo for top speed in my rc18 slowpokeRRR Micro and Mini Scales 0 01-28-2007 10:01 PM
Kyosho FW-05r 39t gear set Alain Patry R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 03-23-2005 08:14 PM
FOR SALE: NIB KYOSHO V-One RR Evo/O.S.12 TR(P)T/Silencer Set Combo etips76 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 05-13-2004 01:12 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:04 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net