R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-23-2003, 10:06 PM   #31
Tech Fanatic

why didnt you get a new motor? what's your cost of getting those Nova parts?
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 01:01 AM   #32
Tech Adept

Actually LHS dismentled a new engine. He sold those parts to me at very reasonable price. It costed me less than 50% of new a engine.
patricktoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 09:33 AM   #33
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

A 3port engine would be technically better than a 5port engine??? hmmm...??? get real buddy...
oro27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 09:45 AM   #34
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to ice-wolf Send a message via Yahoo to ice-wolf

Quote:
Originally posted by oro27
A 3port engine would be technically better than a 5port engine??? hmmm...??? get real buddy...

I think 3port has more bottom end 5port have more top end,on the straight way.I think 5port have more advantage,

just my 2cents
ice-wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 10:16 AM   #35
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Kevtherev
i had rb 5port turbo now i have novamega sx 5port turbo ms and it whips rb hands down
Just my opinion. Novamega SX 5 port MS, should compare directly with Rody RB #315 to gain a more relevant result or outcome, cheers!!!
doctorj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 09:43 PM   #36
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by doctorj
Just my opinion. Novamega SX 5 port MS, should compare directly with Rody RB #315 to gain a more relevant result or outcome, cheers!!!
Are you sure? I have a 5 port MS and I think the Rody 315 is faster from what I can see...
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 11:10 AM   #37
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Are you sure? I have a 5 port MS and I think the Rody 315 is faster from what I can see...
Can I asked you question What is faster-car or engine? It is two different things! Did you tuned them the same way? Which tuned pipes did you use? What combustion chamber sizes were?
Sorry! too many questions!
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 07:56 PM   #38
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Can I asked you question What is faster-car or engine? It is two different things! Did you tuned them the same way? Which tuned pipes did you use? What combustion chamber sizes were?
Sorry! too many questions!
Sorry, I wasn't too clear. I only own a MS 5 port engine.

I was actually referring to a guy on the track who owns both and who actually knows what he is doing. The conclusion was based on my observation on the trackside. Well, I can see that he put the engines on the same car but I would not know if he tuned it differently. But for sure I know both were tuned for performance.
Old 05-25-2003, 10:21 PM   #39
Tech Addict

Default Repeating My View

Quote:
InitialD, I am not clear what you mean by "are you sure"??? But I was only suggesting that the MS 5 port should be compared with Rody & do not wish to provide the arguable result as the real & fare outcome should be concluded only after thorough fair test & not just by standing at the trackside & watch a MS passed a X12T & conclude that the MS is faster, right!! It's proven not that simple as there are too many factors needed to be included into the equation. errrr, let's hope you understand..

My point is that we need to compare an eagle to an eagle. We can't put an eagle next to a chicken & tell others that the eagle can fly much higher than a chicken, right. In this case, MS is a modified engine & standard X12T is not. So it would be only significant if we compare the MS with the #315 isn't it?? BTW, if the X12T was to be in my hand, you might want to consider twice before concluding too early, cheers!
Old 05-26-2003, 12:43 AM   #40
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Repeating My View

Quote:
Originally posted by doctorj
InitialD, I am not clear what you mean by "are you sure"??? But I was only suggesting that the MS 5 port should be compared with Rody & do not wish to provide the arguable result as the real & fare outcome should be concluded only after thorough fair test & not just by standing at the trackside & watch a MS passed a X12T & conclude that the MS is faster, right!! It's proven not that simple as there are too many factors needed to be included into the equation. errrr, let's hope you understand..

My point is that we need to compare an eagle to an eagle. We can't put an eagle next to a chicken & tell others that the eagle can fly much higher than a chicken, right. In this case, MS is a modified engine & standard X12T is not. So it would be only significant if we compare the MS with the #315 isn't it?? BTW, if the X12T was to be in my hand, you might want to consider twice before concluding too early, cheers!
Sorry, I hope you didn't take my "are you sure" reply as being offensive as from your reply, I thought you did...

Anyway, to me, the MS is only slightly modded. Both MS and Rodys are factory modified. But I would compare the Rody tuned engines to other higher calibred modded engines like the JP and not make the Rody tuned engines compare with the MS when comparing performance. There is actually nothing special in the MS except for the carb. That's about it. We do agree however that any engine when tuned properly will be as fast (if not faster) than a modded engine that is not tuned right.

And I don't think I need a re-education on what constitues a powerful engine. People are using the Rodys for a good reason and the premium you have to pay for these engines also shows. Unlike people who jump onto bandwagons, I also did not do an overnight conclusion guess work from the track side that the Rodys are more powerful than the MS. I know for a fact they are indeed more powerful engines, even to a fact of surpassing the performance of the once fabled JPs being equal in all other departments.

I hope I put to rest any disputes and differences of opinions that I have and I also hope you do not attack a person on a personal level in the forum especially if you do not know them personally. If I have interpreted it the wrong way, my sincere apologies.

BTW, are you currently using an X12T? I thought you were using an STS RS3. Maybe I'm wrong
Old 05-26-2003, 05:09 AM   #41
Tech Apprentice

Some of the guys here comp that they have broken the crankshafts of their RBs. I wnat to know if they are using the rody 315 RB or the standart RB 5 port
Speed De is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 05:56 AM   #42
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Speed De
Some of the guys here comp that they have broken the crankshafts of their RBs. I wnat to know if they are using the rody 315 RB or the standart RB 5 port
a friend of mine broke his second Rody Tuned 315 crankshaft... This guy is insane, he was running too lean on those motors. He running his third Rody Tuned and keeps a M-Speed for big races...
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 06:49 AM   #43
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Repeating My View

Quote:
Sorry, I hope you didn't take my "are you sure" reply as being offensive as from your reply, I thought you did...

Anyway, to me, the MS is only slightly modded. Both MS and Rodys are factory modified. But I would compare the Rody tuned engines to other higher calibred modded engines like the JP and not make the Rody tuned engines compare with the MS when comparing performance. There is actually nothing special in the MS except for the carb. That's about it. We do agree however that any engine when tuned properly will be as fast (if not faster) than a modded engine that is not tuned right.

And I don't think I need a re-education on what constitues a powerful engine. People are using the Rodys for a good reason and the premium you have to pay for these engines also shows. Unlike people who jump onto bandwagons, I also did not do an overnight conclusion guess work from the track side that the Rodys are more powerful than the MS. I know for a fact they are indeed more powerful engines, even to a fact of surpassing the performance of the once fabled JPs being equal in all other departments.

I hope I put to rest any disputes and differences of opinions that I have and I also hope you do not attack a person on a personal level in the forum especially if you do not know them personally. If I have interpreted it the wrong way, my sincere apologies.

BTW, are you currently using an X12T? I thought you were using an STS RS3. Maybe I'm wrong
No prob, I believe we are both trying to extend our views & furnish the best available info to others in this forum. Clearly no personal attacks for sure.

As to my engines, currently using X12T, #315, JP60085, RS12T5S1, RS5 & RS3. Somtimes, just didn't know what to use. But as to which is better, it's not easy, I would pick base on occasions, tracks & somtimes even mood. As we are in the same country, you would know that running the outlaw types will be more preferred as there are no limited rules. Where do you hang around with hobby? Maybe we could meet & practice together.. Cheers!!