Midwest Series '08' 39th year!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Midwest Series '08' 39th year!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 04:46 AM
Tech Regular

Eli....work a little slow this morning...LOL Nice report. That pretty much summed it up. Hopfully Ron, who now writes the race reports and did a good job directing, can use some of those highlights for the final report. Nice job Eli in the main (imagine how quick you would have been with a spoiler...LOL). Great job and a good start to the MWS.

Cincy club did a good job getting the track ready. Mother nature wasn't very friendly. After the club spent time drying the track and then racers started practicing, the track was getting better and hopes of running 1 or maybe 2 rounds in on Saturday. But that darn R word came into play. Sunday the track was good and the layout was very fun.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:24 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks to The Cinci Club, and Ron for smooth first race. Considering all the challenging weather conditions, it was great to get three qual's in on Sunday and be done with the mains by 5pm. Thanks to Brian for the great pitwork.........sorry for the bad luck in the main. Your car looked awesome.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default pm

Ray J,

I lost your number when i lost my phone. Please pm me your number or give me a call.

Brad
Old 05-05-2008, 07:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RayJ
Thanks to The Cinci Club, and Ron for smooth first race. Considering all the challenging weather conditions, it was great to get three qual's in on Sunday and be done with the mains by 5pm. Thanks to Brian for the great pitwork.........sorry for the bad luck in the main. Your car looked awesome.
Ray J, It was a fun weekend. Want to share pit duties again in Canada (Can-Am)?
Old 05-05-2008, 07:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Brian Berry
Ray J, It was a fun weekend. Want to share pit duties again in Canada (Can-Am)?
Sounds like a plan! I always enjoy that race. It's becoming an annual deal for me.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Wow, you're fast Eli! I think I'll just copy and paste...

I don't think we can overstate how great a job was done by the tsrcar club! Outstanding effort to get the track dried off, only to get more rain just as the track is starting to come around.. Brian did a great job as RD to get 3 rounds of quals in and the Mains. It was a little more rushed than we would like, but a reasonable compromise to make up for Saturdays washout.
Many of you missed out by not showing up at the Tavern that Dennis reserved. Food was very good, reasonable, and the waitress kindly agreed to leave half the ice out of my last margarita, so all was good. They also had a street legal Indy car there, giving rides! I believe you had to have a shot of Jim Beam (and be somewhat narrower than me) to get a ride.
Will get the photos and race report up, in the next couple of days. I have guys anxious for my Recoil and M18 chassis' so I need to make some progress on that front too.
Got to get back to work now... the mess is aproaching 'critical mass'.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks Ron for the great job you did on your first MWS race as director. We were happy to host your first one at Cincy. If you need anything just ask away and we will be happy to help. I think now that you've been properly broke in things will go smoothly for you the rest of the year. (hopefully)
Rene
Old 05-06-2008, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 103 (98%+)

Thanks to the Cincinnati club for all your hard work prepping the track. It was great to be back racing nitro with the Midwest Series.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I have to add my THANKS to Cincy too. A lot of effort was spent on Sat. to attempt to get the quals in. But as usual, nature ruled. It was still great to be at Joyce Park hanging with all the racers.
Thanks to TSRCAR member Dennis Young for the outstanding pit work! It was also a nice topuch getting racers together at Ricks for eats and merriment!
Also Props out to new MWS Director Ron Trobaugh for having a smooth opening event! Between Ron, Rene, and the TriState club it was a great start to the '08 season.
Congrats to the TQs and winners. I'm looking forward to a FUN summer...as usual!!
Old 05-07-2008, 04:17 AM
Tech Regular

MWS Racers,

I have updated the Midwest Series site with the latest 2008 Point Standings. Once I get a report and photos from our Director, they will be up shortly (I understand Ron has been busy the last couple of days).

I had a blast this weekend and thanks to everyone involved in making the race a success. Thanks to RayJ for the pit work and Paul Cicarello for setup tips.

Congrats to all the winners!
Old 05-07-2008, 01:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian Berry
MWS Racers,

I have updated the Midwest Series site with the latest 2008 Point Standings.
Brian,
Please recheck the GT Class Standings.
Ed Holcomb won the race and qualified 3rd
He switched house transponders with Mark before the main and Mark did not run.
I believe the points should be as follows:
Ed - 98
Dan - 98
Lonnie - 95
Mark - 91
Andy - 88

Doug
Old 05-07-2008, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

I caught on to that a little earlier and informed Brian...
Old 05-09-2008, 08:56 PM
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

To all the MWS guys, sorry I missed this race. Hope to see all of you in Chicago!!!!!!!!!!

Eli, NICE race report!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Later,
Ira
Old 05-12-2008, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for not rippin me on the tardy report!!! It's done and should be up soon.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by duneland
Thanks for not rippin me on the tardy report!!! It's done and should be up soon.
Ron,

Thanks. Nice job with the report. I should have it up on the site in the next day or so. I am trying to finish a couple house projects before the next race (Can-Am). Finishing those projects grants me permission to race....(I'm getting used to married life already, lol).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.