R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-11-2007, 07:21 AM   #61
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I agree too, four races sounds like the attendance would be better for the Midwest Series.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:38 AM   #62
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to chicky03

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastdude View Post
I agree too, four races sounds like the attendance would be better for the Midwest Series.
Yea me too!!!

Cinci
Liesure hrs.
Toledo
St.louis, or Canada, or Chicago

Paul
Old 10-11-2007, 08:40 AM   #63
Tech Regular

I like the idea of 4 races!!!

Cincy
Toledo
St. Louis, Canada or whoever can successfully put on a race.

Darin
Darint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:47 PM   #64
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

with all the other races now in our region, I'd be good with 4. Thats all I was able to make this year, for the first time in quite a few years.
Dennis Young
dyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 02:02 PM   #65
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Cincy
Leisur Hours
Toledo
St. Louis
Old 10-11-2007, 02:05 PM   #66
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ira View Post
Cincy
Leisur Hours
Toledo
St. Louis
+1
Stlfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 02:21 PM   #67
Tech Rookie

I also agree! Cincy, Toledo, Leisure hours, and St. louis!
Joby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 02:38 PM   #68
Tech Elite

Wow! 4 races? I have not been involved as long as many of you but, I really look forward the MWS races. After a long winter, I am looking forward to the first MWS race. There have been 6 in the series since I started and that has never seemed like too many. I can understand why some of the super fast guys would be in favor of a reduced schedule, leaving more time to attend and prepare for other large events. In defference to you guys (and your sponsors), I will try to resist the urge to add MORE races to the calander!
Allong those lines, the results from the poll that Mark conducted, show a significant preference for the permanent tracks over the parkinglot sites. This wasn't exactly a shock. However, one thing to consider is, the temporary tracks are a better test of our relative skills! A track that does not change year after year, offers a big advantage to the locals. A 'fresh' track for everyone is an 'equalizer'!
Anyhow, NO decisions have been made as to the schedule or classes. So keep your opinions comming.
Unfortunately, this forum does not reach everyone concerned. It does provide a place for some of us to exchange ideas & test the waters, but I won't make any decisions SOLEY from feedback on this forum.
More later, got people comming into the store....
duneland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 04:53 PM   #69
Tech Regular

I think it's really just a balance.. I'd guess the Net number of entries really doesn't change if you race 4 times or 8 times.. It's simply if you want to race with 50 people 8 times, or 100 people 4 times.
Darint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 06:06 PM   #70
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default MWS

On another note, by having two different class levels such as intermediate and expert, I believe this would help draw beginning racers that enjoy participating in the MWS, but are not as skilled at racing in a class with the experts yet.
mtx3ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 06:24 PM   #71
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I love the idea of racing the MWS once a month. As long as the season starts in late April and goes through Sept., as Ted stated. You don't have to compete at every race in the current format. If the MWS is cut down to 4 races, then what is the scoring based on? best 2 or a "rocket round"?
Ron- Can you post the results of Marks on-line survey?
Nick A
TeamCarnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 10:33 AM   #72
Tech Elite

For '07' we had 6 races & they were pretty much a month apart. Only June had 2 races and they 3 weeks apart. All the rest were 4 weeks apart.
That's pretty much what we have had for the last few years. I realize there have been changes in the series, over the years. Changes with regard to location, classes run, etc. The Series must evolve to keep pace with the changes in the Hobby (hence the demise of the 235 class). Change is unavoidable, but I am not inclined to make too many changes. I am not convinced that whitteling the schedule down to 4 races is the best way to go. Food for thought though.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:54 AM   #73
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy who? View Post
That's the spirit!
....tried rubber tires way back when......highly doubt that the rubber tires will work......

Sounds like an open and shut case, let's scrap the whole idea.

Where these rubber tires you tried "way back when" on a 1/8th scale offroad style buggy????
Hey, I'm just saying strange things happen when there's 40 1/8 and 30 sedans putting down foam. I tried it at the Detroit MWS in 2001? on my Ofna OB4 sedan, the tires were HPI 24mm 27Rs (the same setup that worked very well at the HPI challenges on the same parking lot surfaces). It was like driving on marbles, and when I got it off the track the tire surface was covered in little foam nuggets.

Anyway I'm just saying that the only people who have actually tried rubber at a MWS event have not been successful with 1/5 scale on smooth surface high traction or sedan on rough surface/med traction.
bucknuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 11:09 AM   #74
Tech Elite

The 1/5 tires I have seen are made of some sort of concrete/plastic hybrid!
Anyhow, the 1/8 GT and GTP cars, work with the rubber tires that are available for them. There are foams available to, should the need arise. I don't know how quickly these cars will wear the tires. Foams might hold up for quite a while. They have differentials, so they will be set-up with less tire scrub. Tire rules can wait for now.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:25 AM   #75
Tech Regular

Four MWS races in a season sounds like a pretty big jump. Really a reduction from the current 6 to 5 should be fine.

June is the problem month. We do not need to have events in June.
It is already busy with Memorial day events, the 301 Capitol Classic a MWS race and then the Hamilton, Ont. and Joliet races around July 4th.
Having ONE MWS event in their will work, but having two events in that time frame put me in a unpleasant mood this year. Of course you do not have to go to all of these races, but they are all very good events.

I think most of us know, our racing works very well if we have two days races every other weekend. When ever we have had back to back two day race weekends, both races suffer from poorer turnouts. Our racers also burn out quicker.
XPHamer is offline   Reply With Quote