R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-19-2008, 08:59 AM   #526
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by duneland View Post
Hey Howard, can't you put the photos up as a thumbnail, so we don't have to scroll sideways into the next county, just to read a post?
May be you should get a 27" LCD like mine....I don't have to scroll anything..the screen is widering then the picture on my end...HA HA HA HA

(sorry, I will remove that last one now..)
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:21 AM   #527
Tech Elite

last chance for pre-regs! Let's get them in.. I will print them all out tomorrow night and take them to LH Sat. morning.
duneland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:37 AM   #528
Tech Elite

GT racers! I will be teching the GT class at this event!
1/8 GT Class Rules

Any 1/8 buggy based on-road car. (Kyosho Inferno GT, OFNA GTP, etc.)
Rubber tires
Sport .28 or smaller, buggy/truggy engine. Including; Axial .28, Force .28, Kyosho .28, Infinity .28, Mach .26. All these engines are inexpensive and readily available.

Sports car or touring car bodies.

If you have an engine in mind, that is not listed here, you must clear it with me before running. If it is in the same price and performance class, I will likely allow it.

These rules will be reviewed at the end of season, and altered as need be to maintain the spirit of the class.

Ad these engines to the above list; DTX Supertiger .27, OS RG.21 and OS VG.21. These engines are in the same class of performance and price.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:12 PM   #529
Tech Regular

Good turnout of racers practiceing at leisure hours on friday evening. The raceing surface is freshly cleaned,impresively clean. Grip was coming up nicely.
wizby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 06:41 PM   #530
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

What a great race... and Hats off to Ira for taking both 1/8th scale and 1/10th scale.

Had a lot of fun and I hope to make out for the last race Toledo and see everyone again...

Digi3Dworks - 3D printing for the medical Field.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 07:21 PM   #531
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Great Job Ira!!! I know you prepared a great deal more than I did...It looks like running scale agrees with you.
Hope to see the results and a write-up soon.
One race left, hope I can be ready. Where did the time go????
TeamCarnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:34 AM   #532
Tech Regular

Sorry I had to miss this one! My daughter spent Thursday and Friday night in the hospital. Turns out it's only a virus so we all made it home Saturday and dad didn't have to sleep in a chair for a 3rd night. I was tempted to drive over for Sunday but I got the feeling my wife would have sent me back to the hospital with severe head trauma.

Does anyone have a quick list of who finished where? Preferably the sedan main so I can see what kind of hit I took in points.

See you all in Toledo.
Andy who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:04 AM   #533
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy who? View Post
Sorry I had to miss this one! My daughter spent Thursday and Friday night in the hospital. Turns out it's only a virus so we all made it home Saturday and dad didn't have to sleep in a chair for a 3rd night. I was tempted to drive over for Sunday but I got the feeling my wife would have sent me back to the hospital with severe head trauma.

Does anyone have a quick list of who finished where? Preferably the sedan main so I can see what kind of hit I took in points.

See you all in Toledo.
Andy,
Glad your daughter is doing better and not in the hospital. Also glad to hear you didn't have to go back with a possible head trauma, LOL. I hear that type of head trauma can be pretty painful.....LOL.
I pretty much haven't raced at all this year do to the check list my wife has for me to complete....primarely house projects, to name a few. Hopefully next season will be different.............."coming dear" . Had to borrow that quote from you Andy, LOL.

Dave Berry
all4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 01:27 PM   #534
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default MWS Race @ Joliet

I had a pretty good time racing yesterday. I do want to offer a personal apology to Mark Unger. It was not my intension to bump your arm every time I tried to drive my car with body English. I hope that isn't the reason you hit a couple barriers. You are a very gracious man for not saying anything.
davidl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:55 PM   #535
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jeff whiting

I had a great time racing this weekend. I big thanks to the Leisure Hours staff and the Midwest Series group for running a nice smooth race. This was my first MWS race. It won't be my last. I also have to thank Mugen Seiki USA for their support. My MTX-4R was fast, predictable and responds well to setup changes. Also a big thanks to Fabio for the pit work all weekend...In...fuel...out. Congrats again Ira. You have obviously stepped up your program. Next, on to the Mid-America Nitro Challenge in St Loius and then the Nats. See you at the races.

Oh and more thing, thanks to all for being so nice to my son Foster. He really enjoys helping and hanging out at the track.

JEFF
Old 08-25-2008, 04:46 PM   #536
Tech Elite

Andy, sorry you missed it, and hope your daughter is feeling better.

Thanks to everyone for making it out to Joliets' debut in the MWS.
The track was in excellent shape and the weather was mostly cooperative. A quick shower on Sat. that was dried up pretty fast (thanks to Bernies' efforts), and the rest was smooth sailing.
Andy, Eli is whipping up the report, and I have the points calculated. The quick report is; it was Iras' weekend!
1/10 points... Ira w/100, Barry Voltz w/95, mike Garcia w/89, Fabio Evangelista w/88, Eliot Hart w/86.
You'll have to wait for the rest.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:32 PM   #537
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

I also had a great time this weekend. I want to congratulate all of the winners this weekend and especially to Ira, good job.

Jeff, I'm glad I could help you out this weekend and thanks for all your help you provided me. Also tell Foster thanks for being my little helper all weekend. It's nice to see a child that young so interested in racing. Be careful not to teach him too quickly because you'll have another one of your kids whoopin' up on you. LOL!

Finally I want to thank the Leisure hours crew for all of their hard work to provide such a great facility and also thanks to the MWS for a super smooth and well organized program.

I hope to see some of the other racers down in St. Louis at the end of September for the Mid America Nitro Challenge.

-Fabio
Stlfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 07:57 PM   #538
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlfc View Post
I also had a great time this weekend. I want to congratulate all of the winners this weekend and especially to Ira, good job.

Jeff, I'm glad I could help you out this weekend and thanks for all your help you provided me. Also tell Foster thanks for being my little helper all weekend. It's nice to see a child that young so interested in racing. Be careful not to teach him too quickly because you'll have another one of your kids whoopin' up on you. LOL!

Finally I want to thank the Leisure hours crew for all of their hard work to provide such a great facility and also thanks to the MWS for a super smooth and well organized program.

I hope to see some of the other racers down in St. Louis at the end of September for the Mid America Nitro Challenge.

-Fabio

Hey Fabio,

Great job over the weekend. Drove an excelent race to win the B.

Congrats to Ira in sweeping away the Trophy stash! Great drive.
I like the way you gave yourself a little challenge in the Sedan A by grip rolling 'on purpose!? ........... 3 times too!... lol

Just want3ed to keep us marshals on our toes didn't ya?!

Good driving man.

Thanks to Ron with the Midwest and Leisurehours for putting on a great racing weekend. Such a great track and racing facility....you just can't go wrong at this place!!

A great laugh Saturday night too. Good stories....... so funny!

Regards,
British Menace
Old 08-25-2008, 09:41 PM   #539
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Menace View Post
Hey Fabio,

Great job over the weekend. Drove an excelent race to win the B.
Thanks man it was unfortunate that you had a few issues because you would have made it an even closer race than it already was. I also had fun hanging out with all the guys on Saturday and I will definitely be seeing you and Chris in a few weeks at Blue Springs.
Stlfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 07:34 PM   #540
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Thanks everybody, it was a GREAT weekend for me. I had a great time hanging out Saturday night, and seeing all of you at the track.

Every now and then things seem to go the way you want.

Thanks to all of you for coming out to LH, we try to do the best we can to make sure you have a good time.

A big thank you to Kurt for the pit work all weekend long, even when I let my engine kill in the main. Man he got thing fired up quick!!!

Also to Barry for the pit work in my 1/8th main, I think I need a hearing aid to help me.

I will see all of you in St. Louis, and some of you at Nats.

Thanks again for all of the kind words,
Ira