Midwest Series '08' 39th year! >

Midwest Series '08' 39th year!

Midwest Series '08' 39th year!

Old 06-20-2008, 06:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mark Unger
That's 6:60 MWS time = 6:30 EST
So is that 7:30 on the clocks since we're in EDT now (Eastern Daylight Savings time), not EST (Eastern Standard Time)?

Just being a d**k...

I can't make it out there this weekend, but I hope you guys have a great race. See you in Joliet.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:18 AM
Tech Regular

I haven't had a chance to pre-register but I have my room booked and will be heading down after work tonight.

For those of you running GT class I will have a supply of Kyosho parts if you need something at the race you couldn't find at your local hobby shop.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andy who?
I haven't had a chance to pre-register but I have my room booked and will be heading down after work tonight.

For those of you running GT class I will have a supply of Kyosho parts if you need something at the race you couldn't find at your local hobby shop.
Good luck this weekend Andy....win something or I will push that "earthquake" button....
Old 06-21-2008, 04:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

one thing you can count on at the mentor mws race is rain, and weve lived up to that already today, it appears it will all move through, and maybe, juuuuuust maybe, we can get mains in for the first time in 3 years! eli will be doing his rain dance in his sleep tonight since he is the 1/8th tq
Old 06-23-2008, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Just a brief re-cap of the weekends festivities...
Thanks go out the the Mentor club for there efforts! Weather was a mixed bag, unfortunately we had the Mentor rain curse in effect, but managed to get a full weekend of racing done anyway! Saturday started out with a wet track but was dried out quickly and practice got underwyay fairly early. We managed 2 rounds of qualifying before a VERY strong thunderstorm blew through! Lot's of destroyed canopies & soaked equipment. Mike P & I held on for dear life to mine, I swear the wind speed was in the 50 mph range, and coupled with a soaking horizontal rain. Some more rain on Saturday night, but track was dried up in time to get more practice and 3 rounds of Qualifying ( in the future, I think I will limit it to 2 rounds max for Sunday quals). We got through the 200mm main, the C & B 1/8 Mains, but had to halt the A at around the 9 minute mark. We had to restart after track was dry again. At least, we were able to complete the mains, but I think I can improve upon the procedure we employed. All in all, we fought mother nature and prevailed (sort-of)!
I will try to get the full report and pics up within the next day or so.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

im in agreement with the qualifying deal. i dont understand why 4 rounds of qualifying isnt enough anymore, mind you the weather threw the plan off and i understand, but why do we need to jam in 3 rounds before mains. i mean i got my best run in on the 5th round but it really wouldnt have killed me if i didnt get to run it. the program gets hurried so much with so few bodies, its kinda ridiculous. instead of taking it casual and decently paced, and allowing time to work on cars, we decide to run 3 rounds straight, with no break, hardly enough pit guys and marshalls, i dont understand what the rush is. run 2 rounds take a 15-20 min break, so people can use a bathroom (hardly enough time for that) and go get food instead of being rushed and rushed an rushed. if i had broken my car, it woulda been a miracle to fix it, i had to pit for 3 races, and race my race, so i was occupied for 4 out of 6 races. cant help lack of bodies, but it would be nice to relax thorugh a race day instead of rushing through it. 4 rounds has worked the last 5 years ive run this series why change it now. just my 2 cents, not attacking anyone or anything, just voicing my opinion.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

The thought was completely well-intentioned. The idea was to get more for the money, since turn-out was low. But the pace gets too hurried, and manpower is low, so everyone is busy marshalling, pitting, wrenching, etc. In the future, I will increase rounds in moderation, to keep a more relaxed atmosphere.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Thanks to all involved for a good race.

There is nothing more frustrating than intermittent rain. Just enough to put doubt in your minds and wonder what to do.

I had a great time, as usual.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Yes Sunday was a blurr. But I have all the confidence in world that the MWS directer will come up with a solution in the future. Great race.

2 races,2 canopies. This is going to be and expensive series.

Pass you soon...
Old 06-24-2008, 04:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default MWS Mentor

Just started nitro this year, never even smelled nitro fuel till late March of this year. Yes the old GT Class. I have only ran 3 club races and now 2 MWS races, one held at my home track. I just wanted to say thanks to all for making even us beginners feel welcome.

I did come out of pit row once and my engine stalled and i was DIW and got hit by a yellow 1/8th scaler my fault. I would like to publicly apologies for that, and any others that may have found a blue GT car in there path that i didn't know of.

But as a whole traveling to mentor was awesome and hope to be able to attend other MWS Races.

Just wanted to take a moment and thank the MWS for giving us new guys a place to start and learn. And invite any other GT'ers out there that are affraid to travel to come on out, we are all in the same boat and the people are all helpfull.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Solara
Good luck this weekend Andy....win something or I will push that "earthquake" button....
Whoa! whoa! whoa! Take your hand away from that button!!! I did what you asked so please don't push that button! LOL

See you this weekend at the Byron's race.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Team Crash
Just started nitro this year, never even smelled nitro fuel till late March of this year. Yes the old GT Class. I have only ran 3 club races and now 2 MWS races, one held at my home track. I just wanted to say thanks to all for making even us beginners feel welcome.

I did come out of pit row once and my engine stalled and i was DIW and got hit by a yellow 1/8th scaler my fault. I would like to publicly apologies for that, and any others that may have found a blue GT car in there path that i didn't know of.

But as a whole traveling to mentor was awesome and hope to be able to attend other MWS Races.

Just wanted to take a moment and thank the MWS for giving us new guys a place to start and learn. And invite any other GT'ers out there that are affraid to travel to come on out, we are all in the same boat and the people are all helpfull.
It's great to have you guys with us! I hope you can make it to the 3 remaining races. The class you are in will grow, come to as many races as you can make, and help us get the class going!!
Old 06-27-2008, 05:57 AM
Tech Regular

Ron,
Would it be possible to get the MWS results posted a little sooner this time. It would be nice to see the standings shortly after we race.
Thanks
Mark
Old 06-27-2008, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Mark, you're right, I always liked to get the results right away. Things have been piling up while I'm away, plus I am pretty fatigued on mondays... I have a plan to expedite things.
For Mentor, you got 2nd place points mains & qual. You were 6th overall in the main.
I sent points talley to Brian, but I know he is at the Byrons race this weekend, so early next week everything should be up on the site.
I'll do my best to get results and report up by tues following Racine.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Time to start pre-reg for Racine!! If you missed this one last year (or just need the points), you should try to attend this one. The track is in a parkinglot that is smooth, but has a lot of waves and elevation changes, with some off-camber corners just for fun..
Tire wear was in the medium range last year with good grip.
BTW, if anyone has the print out for the 200mm main from Mentor, please PM or e-mail the finish order to me. Someone made off with print-out that I used at Mentor... I have the top 3 covered, but I am unsure of the rest.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.