R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-01-2008, 06:42 AM   #346
Tech Regular

Damn weather looks like crap. Pray to the weather gods that the front blows through faster. ....................work all week ....and I wanna play with my toy car. Damn it. Hey...I'm an old man...maybe i should enter masters 200mm too?
RayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:10 AM   #347
Tech Regular

Elliot. I 'll have some for you.
Now come to think of it, my Prius might have a hard time pulling my trailer
Mark Unger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:14 AM   #348
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayJ View Post
Damn weather looks like crap. Pray to the weather gods that the front blows through faster. ....................work all week ....and I wanna play with my toy car. Damn it. Hey...I'm an old man...maybe i should enter masters 200mm too?
Easy old man, the forecast is getting better:

Sat
May 3
AM T-Storms
High 74°
Low 49°
Chance of rain 70%

Sun
May 4
Partly Cloudy
High 61°
Low 46°
Chance of rain 20%

The question for me is whether to drive Friday night and be there to watch the morning rain or leave Sat morning and drive in the rain.

And why wouldn't you run the old man class, you can still win the "A" main, you just get points for the "Old" class.

Call me if you get a chance.
Ted Flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:42 AM   #349
Tech Apprentice

well you know darn well if eli gets to that number one spot its all over but the haha, thats his thing, kyosho should supply him with an umbrella!
Old 05-01-2008, 09:56 AM   #350
Tech Apprentice

ted hammer,

will the glc entry form be available before the midwest race this weekend? if so will you have some to fill out and give to you at the race? thanks
Old 05-01-2008, 10:23 AM   #351
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Practice

The track will be prepared and open for uncontrolled practice by 10:00 AM on Friday.
Dennis
dyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:32 AM   #352
Tech Elite

Pre-regs have improved, keep-em comming!
We have pre-regs in both new classes! See you all soon..
duneland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:51 AM   #353
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolvaRacer20 View Post
ted hammer,

will the glc entry form be available before the midwest race this weekend? if so will you have some to fill out and give to you at the race? thanks
Greg,

I will have plenty of GLC Entry forms on hand at the Cincy MWS race. I will be collecting entries on Saturday and Ted and I will be collecting them on Sunday. Ted will not be able to make it Saturday due to work.

See you then!
Brian Berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:54 AM   #354
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyoung View Post
The track will be prepared and open for uncontrolled practice by 10:00 AM on Friday.
Dennis
Thanks Dennis!
Old 05-01-2008, 04:45 PM   #355
Tech Elite

Can I take this opportunity, in the midst of all the excitement, to wish Ron D the best of luck in his first race as Director.

Best of luck to everyone racing. I hope the rain stays away....... I'm sure it will !!

Happy racing all. Have fun. your at one of the best tracks in the country in my opinion!!

Regards,
British Menace
Old 05-01-2008, 07:14 PM   #356
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Berry View Post
Greg,

I will have plenty of GLC Entry forms on hand at the Cincy MWS race. I will be collecting entries on Saturday and Ted and I will be collecting them on Sunday. Ted will not be able to make it Saturday due to work.

See you then!

i should know by now thats how ted does it, shows on sunday runs one qualifier and makes the A no sweat haha. thanks brian see you soon
Old 05-02-2008, 10:36 AM   #357
Tech Regular

Well, I hope the weather is not scaring people away. If you go to weather.com and check the hour-by-hour, the rain looks to be clearing out by 9am on Saturday morning, then becoming partly cloudy. That will give the track time to dry and probably get in most of the racing.

This is for those that were planning to not come due to weather, there is a good chance racing will happen most of Saturday and all of Sunday.
Brian Berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:56 AM   #358
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Well the year started out great, here in Cincinnati. Friday there were a few racers that were able to get on the track for practice, before the rain came. Saturday started out raining then quit. The Cincinnati club dried the track after an hour or so of painstaking squeegeing (sp) and using power blowers only to have the rain come back then go away then comeback.......jeesh what a long sentence and also a long day. The racing was called around 4:00 and then guess what? The sun came out and some racers were able to get some more practice in. The decision was made to run 3 qualifiers Sunday and then the mains since turnout was low. Hopefully due to rain or possibly fuel prices these days. Anyway Sunday came and the track was great. We ran three qualifiers and started the mains at 1:00. This was very timely and the race director did one heck of a job getting qualifying run through without a hitch. TQ positions were Brian Berry in 1/8 open, Paul Lemieux in 200mm touring.Dan Davidson in GT (this is the first year for this class), Eli Ezrow in 1/8 Masters. Brian Berry and Paul Cicarello were the only racers to run 15 lap runs on the new track layout. The mains were set and started out on time. GT was up first and it looked as though the TQ man, Dan Davidson was going to go wire to wire, until an untimely flame out caused him to go down a few laps to Ed Holcomb. Ed brought home the win for the first Midwest Series win for the GT class. Congratulations Ed. Second up was the B main 200mm touring car class. On the pole would be Hart Elliot. Hart had problems on the start and that would put him second place to Mike McBride (this is his first year running gas) Mike would take the lead for a fuel stop only to relinquish the lead to Allen Denzine. Allen and Fabio Evaneglista (from St. Louis) battled the lead back and forth for lap after lap. It came down to the wire and Allen would take the B main win. Great race guys. Next up was the A main 200mm touring car. Paul Lemieux would take this one wire to wire beating second place by 9 laps. Second place was the local Favian Vega. Next up was going to be the C main 1/8 scale, but a change was decided on to have 4 mains instead of 3. There was a little anamosity amongst some drivers of having to many racers in the mains together with each other. It was decided to cut back the 1/8 scale mains to 25 minutes. So the D main was up and John Schuster was on the pole. John had decided to sit this one out due to engine issues. Greg Aker (from Mentor) would jump out to the front early on, only to have problems after 4 laps in. Carlos Latorre would take over the lead and not look back. Doug Flack would come in second. Next up was the C main with Ron Trobaugh (Midwest Series director) sitting on the pole. Ron had problems on the start to go many laps down. Tom Cohen would take the lead early for a couple of fuel stops only to get passed by Ted Flack. Ted looked to be on a mission. Ted would lead right up to the final minutes on to run into a back marker and damage his car slightly. Greg Hallenbeck would take avantage of this opportunity and take the win from Ted. The B main was up now and sitting on the pole was Doug Filo. Doug would take the lead until after the first fuel stop and then Scott Brandenburg would win it from there. Not being challenged for the lead. Now the last race of the day, the A main 1/8 scale. Brian Berry would take the lead from the sound of the horn until lap 23, when he had issues. Aaron Buran would capitolize and not look back. Second place would go to Paul Cicarello. I started this out to be a plug for the Midwest Series and it ended up being a short race report. lol
I hope you all enjoy it.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:19 AM   #359
Tech Regular

WOW!!! You are fast Eli.............nice report. Thanks.
Dave B.
all4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:27 AM   #360
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the report Eli. You had a great comeback during your race having spent the first 5 to 7 laps tuning on your engine. Thanks also to the Cincy club for all the hard work they put in to make this race possible. Also a shout out to Darin for his nice come back from a racing incident that chunked his tire making for a long pit stop. Congrats go out to Aaron and Paul for taking home the gold. I still had fun even though I brought a knife to a gun fight. Next time I will bring a new engine.
John Schuster is offline   Reply With Quote