R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-26-2008, 04:04 PM   #271
Tech Elite

We will NOT be running in a direction that has exposed board-ends. I have not noticed any overlapped boards at our venues. But, I wasn't looking for them. Any venue that has their barriers set-up in this manner, would be out of contention for a counter-clockwise weekend. All of the tracks we attend have barriers that will break your car if you hit them hard. Anything sticking out, should be fixed regardless of which direction we are going. I don't want to break my car any more than anyone else does.
I can't imagine why anyone would be more likely to break parts due to the direction of travel. We have to turn both ways regardless. Maybe it's just me. I have always alternated direction from week to week at my tracks. Once each way, then change the layout. This was for the off-road as well as on-road tracks. I think it keeps things more interesting and reduces home-court advantage. Now days, track owners tend to leave even their off-road tracks the same for a long time. I thought they were just lazy, but maybe that's what many want.
Anyhow, I am not married to the idea. Doesn't seem like a big deal to me.
duneland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 05:48 PM   #272
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Lets go racing Dagnabbit!!! Crappy weathers making me cranky
Old 03-26-2008, 06:55 PM   #273
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I'm surprised a racer of RayJs caliber is worried about the boards!! I don't care which direction we race as long as we're racing, and I'm not worried about keeping the snowblower gasssed up!
TeamCarnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:51 PM   #274
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I'm stoked that Duneland has stepped up and grabbed the reins. I'm also really glad to see that Ron is willing to shake things up a bit. New ideas like the GT class and counterclockwise running...I think they're awesome, and healthy for the series.

This is not aimed at any single person, rather a comment about internet forums in general...unfortunately, people with negative comments and feedback seem to be much more 'vocal'. Seems like when people agree or like something, they're not as inclined to post their approval. This leads to a overall trend, where opposing view points can overwhelm, and steer the ship...even if the concept or idea might be worth trying.

Personally, I'm totally in favor of the idea of a 'reverse' direction. I really feel this helps create a more even playing field, and the creme will of course rise to the top. Even if this does not happen, props to Ron for throwing the idea out there, and taking the heat.

Enough snow, let's burn some nitro!
MRX4-X F180 Cobra Zipper Kart Yokomo BD Cup Racer FM1e Recoil M18 Pro Scalpel dNaNo Baja 5T HB D8 Vorza ERevo Savage Flux SCX10 GT2 T4 Slash Ten SCTE Blitz ESE HB Cyclone D4 Mini ERevo Vendetta ST Mini T Micro T
TC_Tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:58 PM   #275
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Tuner View Post
I'm stoked that Duneland has stepped up and grabbed the reins. I'm also really glad to see that Ron is willing to shake things up a bit. New ideas like the GT class and counterclockwise running...I think they're awesome, and healthy for the series.

This is not aimed at any single person, rather a comment about internet forums in general...unfortunately, people with negative comments and feedback seem to be much more 'vocal'. Seems like when people agree or like something, they're not as inclined to post their approval. This leads to a overall trend, where opposing view points can overwhelm, and steer the ship...even if the concept or idea might be worth trying.

Personally, I'm totally in favor of the idea of a 'reverse' direction. I really feel this helps create a more even playing field, and the creme will of course rise to the top. Even if this does not happen, props to Ron for throwing the idea out there, and taking the heat.

Enough snow, let's burn some nitro!
Sure sounds as if it were directed at me. I make no bones about my opinion about this, and part of throwing ideas out there is to get peoples feedback. I don't believe in the idea and voiced my opinion about it. Now you start a comment about negativity steering the ship? I have attended many Midwest Series races, and have traveled quite abit supporting other tracks. I have also spent alot of time helping new racers with tuning, set-up and pitting. If your in favor of the reverse direction that's fine, but don't make inferences against my right to state my rather strong opinion about it and call it negativity.
RayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:14 PM   #276
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

RayJ, actually, I was really refering to the posts surrounding the Inferno GT rules... No need to get wound up, making claims about your 'rights'...pretty sure I didn't make any mention to anyones 'rights'...

My point, which is seems I need to restate, was aimed at how decision makers are forced to filter 'quality' vs 'quantity' feedback in order to make an informed decision. I'm also giving Ron an pat on the back for trying to do what he feels is best.

I'm pretty certain that people that break their car going one direction, will be the same group of people the break their car going the other direction...me being one of them.
MRX4-X F180 Cobra Zipper Kart Yokomo BD Cup Racer FM1e Recoil M18 Pro Scalpel dNaNo Baja 5T HB D8 Vorza ERevo Savage Flux SCX10 GT2 T4 Slash Ten SCTE Blitz ESE HB Cyclone D4 Mini ERevo Vendetta ST Mini T Micro T
TC_Tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:26 PM   #277
Tech Regular

I think this friggin' crappy weather is making me overly cranky. My girlfriend already can't wait for the Spring..............she's had enough of me too!! ...............
RayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 04:31 PM   #278
Tech Elite

Crappy weather indeed! Yesterday was sunny and warm, today there is SNOW on my van!
I encourage everyone to express their opinions! Well, unless you disagree with me. Seriously, if you have thoughts that pertain to the MWS, please let them be known.
Thanks for the props guys! I'll try not to decree anything to 'out there'. Do you think a 2 margarita min before the mains would fall into that category?
duneland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 04:45 PM   #279
Tech Addict

Ray J you are right, off the top of my head, I think that Toledo and Cincy track has exposed boards going the other way by the pit lane exit (entrance going when backward). Unless something is done to accomodate it, those are the only problem areas I could think of. Chicago, Racine, and Cleveland should be able to adjust because their portable, not sure about the Joliet track. If the problem areas could be assuredly resolved, I don't see why not letting Ron try this.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:11 PM   #280
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've run the Joliet track backwards and it's fine. In fact, I think it flows just as well as the 'normal' direction.

I can't wait to fire up an on-road car!
Walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 08:00 AM   #281
Tech Regular

A month to go until the first race. Teamcarnage are you entering 1/10 masters this year? I think its the way to go. Iam still on the fence about buggy gt class. Iam thinking there is way to much kickup in the real buggy converted to onroad.
wizby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 02:12 PM   #282
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by duneland View Post
I encourage everyone to express their opinions! Well, unless you disagree with me.
Hmmmm....if you say that in CHINA, you would be the next president of TAIWAN... Or you can say...unless you don't owns a SERPENT...

Ok...I will shut up and back to vacumming....sunny weather outside but no RC racing made me cranky....
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 02:19 PM   #283
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Joliet Track Leisure Hours Raceway running counterclockwise in youtube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGWwe...eature=related
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 06:49 PM   #284
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

M.P.--1/10 Masters??? Where'd that come from? I haven't seen that class listed anywhere.
Due to economic reasons, I'm only running one class this summer. Your prolly right about the kickup. It could be adjusted out, but I'm not in a position to tackle that project anyway.
When you leaving for Cincy? I was even thinking about racing outside a little today with this beautiful weather,,,for a change!
TeamCarnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 09:32 AM   #285
Tech Regular

Masters classes are run and scored together but championship points are tallyed seperate. I figure to drive down to cinci friday night. I would like to run over to toledo for a club race before cinci. Maybe next week.
wizby is offline   Reply With Quote