Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Midwest Series '08' 39th year! >

Midwest Series '08' 39th year!

Midwest Series '08' 39th year!

Old 02-23-2008, 07:22 AM
Tech Rookie

Looking at the bottom of chassis you can use the follow parts.

http://images.marketworks.com/fullVi...2/dscn3275.jpg

Kyosho Part Numbers

KYOIF107 = Chassis Plate
KYOIFW102 = Alum Eninge Mounts
Old 02-23-2008, 08:55 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks Doug. I was looking at a MP777 manual from Kyosho and found these part numbers:
IF107- Chassis Plates
IF108- Engine Mount
Attached Thumbnails Midwest Series '08' 39th year!-inferno_mounts.gif  
Old 02-26-2008, 05:23 AM
Tech Regular

Having to change chassis's to be able to install a different engine is reason enough to go with the OFNA car. Especially the almost ready to run GTP. I wonder if anyone has tryed a kyosho body on a ofna?
Old 02-26-2008, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

You don't have to change the chassis to use a different engine, just buy the correct Kyosho Inferno GT engine mounts. Easy
Old 02-26-2008, 09:39 AM
Tech Regular

After surfing for awhile it looks like ofna stopped selling the ARR version of the GTP.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wizby
Having to change chassis's to be able to install a different engine is reason enough to go with the OFNA car. Especially the almost ready to run GTP. I wonder if anyone has tryed a kyosho body on a ofna?
They call it a chassis plate, but it is just part of the engine mount.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Glad to see so much dialog about the GT class. I have a few points to add.

I feel strongly that this is a super fun class and has awesome potential to bring new blood to the track and the series. The cars are priced right, look awesome, and can totally be run in your neighborhood.

Let's keep our eye on the prize...nearly all the people that post here are already r/c addicts. While the GT class will likely be an additional fun class for us already here, the rules and overall class construction should not be taylored around the uber enthusiast. We'll quickly end up with expensive, exotic cars...like we already have. Granded, not looking to exclude anyone, but I feel the GT class should have the 'person looking to get into it' in focus.

I totally enjoy 1/8 onroad and 1/10 TC, but I have one of these GT cars, and let me tell you, they are a blast. Higher fun ratio than any other car I own. Here's a quick (sorry, low quality) video of me and another GT at Leisure Hours last fall. It was cold, no track spray, and we went the opposite direction just for kicks! We're using VSlick tires, but with full size 1/8 offroad stock Panther inserts.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NGWwelLs1oE
Old 03-01-2008, 10:43 AM
Tech Regular

Leisure hours track should give up on the spec rules if it wants to make the class work. They tryed it for a season and couldnt get a race together. There isnt enough new people entering the hobbie to make it go. Cincinnati has the right idea. Relax the rules and it might work!
Old 03-05-2008, 07:31 AM
Tech Adept

With the 1st race being held in Cinci - I have a quick question:

Last year the track seemd to have some surface issues. Are there any repairs or resurfacing that the Cinci crew will be doing to the track prior to the MWS event? It's not a make or break thing for me...... I really just want to plan for the traction accordingly. Thanks
Greg Schmidt
Old 03-05-2008, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 103 (98%+)

Also, will there be controlled practice in Cinncy? With the addition of the 1/8 buggy sedan there will be a huge difference in speed on the track. I've only seen a few of these buggys run on-road and they were considerably slower. It could be difficult to mix 1/8th, 1/10th and buggy on the track. I'm betting with the closure rate of a 1/8th accelerating to top speed (70mph) on the straight and a buggy sedan at top speed on the straight (maybe 40mph) it would be an accident waiting to happen. It's bad enough trying to run a sedan with 1/8th's chomping at your bumper.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GMSchmidt
Last year the track seemd to have some surface issues. Are there any repairs or resurfacing that the Cinci crew will be doing to the track prior to the MWS event? It's not a make or break thing for me...... I really just want to plan for the traction accordingly. Thanks
Greg Schmidt
The track surface itself is ok...we had some "issues" with the traction compounds that we were using. However, we have since found a very good solution and experienced very good traction towards the middle half of last season.

Originally Posted by evostyle
Also, will there be controlled practice in Cinncy? With the addition of the 1/8 buggy sedan there will be a huge difference in speed on the track.
As far as controlled practice, as far as I know that has always been up to the MWS director. I wouuld love controlled practices, however I have not seen it implemented at any MWS event in the two years I have raced the series. Perhaps someone else better qualified could answer the question.

Doug
Old 03-05-2008, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

We had controlled/seperated practice at one race in the last couple years. I would like to make it standard practice this season. To reduce the work load of the host club, I can put an automated anounce system in my laptop. I also have a FM modulator to broadcast the commands. It can run independant of the host tracks computer & PA system.
1/8 circuit cars should run by themselves, 1/8 GT could run solo or possibly alongside 1/10 tc. Any thoughts on how long each session should be and what cars should run together/seperate?
Old 03-05-2008, 03:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Controlled Practice

I think it's a good idea for the controlled practices. Keep the classes seperated.
Any thought as to running practice sessions according to how the heat sheet is set up? Five to seven minute practice sessions per heat. Just keep it going so everyone gets eqaul practice time. You would be able to practice with the guys that are in your heat.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Most hosts open the track around 8am on Saturday and heats starting around 12pm.
Controlled practice times could be 20-30min long per class. Since there is usally about 3-4 hours of practice in the mornings on Saturdays perhaps there could be Open practice early in the mornings for 2 hours and then controlled practice in the last 1hr or 2hrs before the drivers meeting.

Doug

Last edited by flack; 03-05-2008 at 06:01 PM. Reason: wording
Old 03-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 103 (98%+)

I think the buggy based class should at least practice by themselves. There much slower and heavier than the sedans and 1/8th's. Also you have to keep in mind that this class is geared to new racers. If possible separate practice for 1/8th, sedan, and buggy would be best. Maybe a 10-15 minute window per class.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.