R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-22-2008, 01:56 PM   #211
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Crash View Post
Have electric now, looking to get into nitro road. But after reading this it truely sounds like once the great racers finish running their important races, they are then going to turn around and run in my heat???????????

Hence, when you bring in new blood what are our chances of having FUN??????????????????
The MWS is all about having fun, and giving everyone the respect they deserve, regardless of skill level.
I doubt that many of the elite drivers would be interested in 'cherry picking' in the GT class.
duneland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:59 PM   #212
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
Hey guys
hows everyone. I have a question for the director and the 1/8th scale racers. I'm intrested in their opinion only.(guys that are currently running 1/8th on road) I'm putting together an 1/8th scale brushless lipo electric car. The reason I'm doing it is to prove that the concept is viable. How would everyone feel if I ran it in the MWS as a no points car. This is just so I can get some real race time on it. The target is one battery pack change during a main. (30 min)I think it can be done.

The question is how would everyone feel about this. Would you guys indulge me?

What I don't want to do is build the car to be a shelf queen. This is part of a larger vision to design a brushless conversion package for 1/8th on road scale cars.
Thanks D
I would like to run one! Have thought about building one too. Not sure about running it in the races though. let's see how others feel about it.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:01 PM   #213
Tech Elite

We morn the passing of Roy Moody. Charter member of ROAR and involved in the creation of the MWS. His contributions to the Hobby have been many.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:18 PM   #214
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

I'm sure many of you MWS old-timers knew Roy as a friend and fellow racer. Roy was a friend of mine for over 25 years, and has influenced my life in more ways that I can express in words. He was a fore-father of R/C car racing, and the pioneer of dirt oval R/C racing period. The first R/C car I ever saw was one of Roy's gas cars at a Chicago gas club race in Orland Park in 1983, and he was largely responsible for the majority of my life around R/C race cars, in general. He's the reason I built DirtOval.com in 1999, and why it still stands today.

I will miss him greatly.

Visitation/Memorial Service for Roy Moody:

Wednesday, January 23
4-8 pm Service at 8pm

Tews Funeral Home
18230 S. Dixie Highway
Homewood, Illinois

No flowers, please. Donations can be sent to:

The American Heart Association
3816 Paysphere Circle
Chicago, IL 60647
1-800-242-8721

Cards can be sent to:
Roberta Moody
755 Ash Street
Flossmoor, Illinois 60422

Online guestbook for Roy Moody.
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:47 PM   #215
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
Hey guys
hows everyone. I have a question for the director and the 1/8th scale racers. I'm intrested in their opinion only.(guys that are currently running 1/8th on road) I'm putting together an 1/8th scale brushless lipo electric car. The reason I'm doing it is to prove that the concept is viable. How would everyone feel if I ran it in the MWS as a no points car. This is just so I can get some real race time on it. The target is one battery pack change during a main. (30 min)I think it can be done.

The question is how would everyone feel about this. Would you guys indulge me?

What I don't want to do is build the car to be a shelf queen. This is part of a larger vision to design a brushless conversion package for 1/8th on road scale cars.
Thanks D
Dennis, I would support you, however I may be dropping out of 1/8th onroad and going to the new IGT's. I have even been imaging the same thing, I really like the idea, infact there was a poster here on RCtech that already converted one. I'm just curious have you heard of the novak conversion kit (and others) for 1/8th buggies? Unfortunately, this option is bound to add an additional 300 dollars at least to the cost (probably less than a new NovaRossi).
Old 01-24-2008, 11:22 AM   #216
Tech Elite

The electric version of a 1/8 circuit car is likely to be considerably faster (lap times) than the current nitro versions. I would very much like to drive one, perhaps build one, but don't know about including it in the series. I don't see why we couldn't allow it to run for no position or points though. I think it would be cool, just to have it on the track.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:32 PM   #217
Tech Regular

Ron what is RATFactor racing? New sponsor?
wizby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:29 PM   #218
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (98%+)

evostyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:36 PM   #219
Tech Regular

I would love to see practice for 1/8th and 1/10 seperated at all MWS races. Anyone agree with this? Its been done a few times in the last 3 years, I can remember racine doing it and cinci also. Kind of wonder why its not the norm.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:52 AM   #220
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizby View Post
I would love to see practice for 1/8th and 1/10 seperated at all MWS races. Anyone agree with this?
Yes

Doug
Old 02-06-2008, 10:19 PM   #221
Tech Initiate

Default Spec engines for Igt

Hi all, I just wanted to chime in and let everyone in on a great deal for the IGT class for the MWS. I can get everyone who wants to run this class, .27 motors which would be a perfect spec motor for this class for 69.00. I am told that the performance of these motors is like the stock kyosho motor that comes with the IGT kit. The motor is by power racing, and I think this just might be the affordable spec motor that this class could benefit from. The motor is inexpensive enough for beginers to get into the sport and not worry about cost. It also lets others who are going to convert buggies for the class a cheap alternative.

Let me know what you guys think.
rodney01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:04 PM   #222
Tech Elite

Yes, I have one of those motors in stock. They are supplied with some of the PRP RTR vehicles. I do not plan on a 'spec' motor. Mainly due to the fact that all of the RTR vehicles that are available for this class, come with engines, and each is a different brand. The class will allow ANY sport .28 or smaller engine. A list is comming soon.
For those contemplating running this class; OFNA GTP, PRP Katana Rally, IGT, are vehicles currently available that fit the class. The OFNA DM-1 is a departure from the 'buggy-based' concept, but will be allowed (provisionally). Reports indicate that performance is on a par with the others.
Also there is the Hyper 1-7 from OFNA. It is based on the Hyper 7 platform (Ho Bao rather than Hong Nor).
And of course, conversions of your dust collecting buggies.
When you look at the cost of converting your buggy, you may decide to get one of the above cars.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:48 AM   #223
Tech Rookie

Ron I am interested in racing the new GTP 1/8 Class.. but first want to watch a race with the new class.

Here is what I would like to see

Choice of car Inferno GT or Ofna GTP
Rubber tires ( keep cost down )
Sport engine ( you don't have to use a pull start we all know there junk )
Option parts are up to the driver if they want to deck out there car or run it right out of the box.

dust collecting buggies 1/8 Buggy racing is the BEST!! No other class even comes close
Doug Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 10:51 AM   #224
Tech Elite

Doug, dust wouldn't dare collect on anything of yours!
You MUST join us! I want to pit between you and Dave Berry. The overlapping 'clean field' should help tidy up my area!
Old 02-16-2008, 08:23 PM   #225
Tech Regular

I have to disagree with rubber tires (keep cost down) I think rubber tires cost alot more!! Because each race day someone will have a new insert or new brand of tire that will work a little better than last race. There will be a continuous search for a better tire combination.