Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
K-factory Centax clutch - NTC3 >

K-factory Centax clutch - NTC3

Old 05-15-2003, 07:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Anyone have tips on setting up the K-factory Centax clutch for the NTC3? The instructions that came with are pretty shotty. I have followed them to a T and the car's RPM's are way too high before it engages. I have tried adjusting settings that they recommend and they have helped a little, but not enough. Any thoughts?

My setup is....

NTC3 Rear
RB X12
JR XS3
RD Logics 1-piece pipe
K-factory Centax Clutch

I got the car working pretty good with the standard clutch.... Man this car smokes. Can't wait until it is tweaked!
Old 05-16-2003, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

Yo have a special nut behind the bell that you should unscrew a little to set the engaging point.

No need to take it off the car. There's a 2 holes on the bell behind the 2nd gear pinion.
Insert a small hex driver in there and slowly rotate the flywheel untill the driver engages in one of two recessed point on that nut.

Then you have to apply force to the flywheel in one direction or the other to engage sooner or later. In you case and from the left side of the car rotate the flywheel away from you.

Pay attention as this adjustment has to be done once in a while. If you car starts to sputter at mid range and goes fine at high range then you have to srew a little more.

The nut I'm talking about is the one that holds the blue spring inside.

Hope it helps
Old 05-17-2003, 10:25 AM
Tech Initiate

I have turned the screw until it is nearly off. It makes very little difference. Is there anything else that can be done? Anyone else have problems getting these setup?

Thanks!
Old 05-17-2003, 10:39 PM
Tech Regular

Make sure you shim it properly. Not too much play from the shoe to the bell.