anyone using SCHUMACHER NITRO FUSION?
vinsedprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:14 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsedprince View Post
Not for racing. This car is basically a parking lot basher car. If you are going to race, you want to check out the Mugen MTX-4R, Serpent 720 or 720 '008, Kyosho V one RRR WCE (or whatever they list after the RRR), or the Team Magic G4 (which comes in a RTR version). If you are going to just run it every now and then the car will do you fine.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 07:04 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsedprince View Post
yes, I know this car quite well.
It comes with a 21 motor and is one of the few touring cars to do so (1/10th scale that is !) It also boasts a three speed transmission and is one of the fastest touring cars out there.

You have to make sure the gearbox is built correctly and is checked often and also that the mesh is ran quite tight as they do have a tendancy to strip their spure gears.
Last time I looked, you had to buy all three spurs (3 speed remember!) just to replace the one striped!?

British Menace
Old 09-22-2007, 10:24 PM   #4
Tech Rookie

I've had mine for 4 years...and so far so good. It has been quite reliable (knock on wood) and runs pretty good for a RTR. I don't baby it, but I don't really beat on it either. My main expense has been (lots of) tires...it can blow them right off within a couple of tanks if you want to.

I had one back flip at probably around 50-60 m.p.h. (hard to tell exactly, because it was comming right at me ) and it bounced as it landed back on it's wheels and kept right on going ...it surprised me that nothing broke.

My only major gripe would be the piss poor range of the Airtronics Blazer Sport radio...(got rid of that and put one of my Futabas in it...)
Vic Rattlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 05:51 AM   #5
Tech Master

Schumacher is rumored to be coming out with a new version of this car soon with bigblock power. Wolfpack Radicials makes a conversion kit for this car that make it faster. The conversion kit comes with a bumpstart chassis, adjustable motor mounts ( so you can put just about any size motor you want in there ) improved clutch and you can get 1/8 scale adapters so you can put on wider foam tires . Here is a picture of my Wolf Fusion.
nitrohead5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 05:56 AM   #6
Tech Master

One with the body on
Old 09-27-2007, 12:44 PM   #7
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrohead5300 View Post
One with the body on
this looks bad ass MF
Old 09-27-2007, 12:50 PM   #8
Tech Adept

how fast do they run?
Old 09-27-2007, 05:25 PM   #9
Tech Master

It depends on the engine and the gearing . With a modified nova rossi and optional gearing I would say around 85mph. Rc Nitro Mag did a review on a fusion with aprototype bumpstart chassis with a hot motor in it with extra tall tires it was radared at 88 mph.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:12 AM   #10
Tech Adept

dang! i'm gona get me one of those....
Old 09-28-2007, 07:26 AM   #11
M7H
Tech Elite

Don't try to take any corners with it though...
M7H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:40 PM   #12
Tech Master

If you know how to set the car up you won't have any problems going thru the corners because the car does not handle that bad. It is not going to out handle a Serpent on a really technical track but it will hold its own.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:44 AM   #13
Tech Adept

how would this fair with the HPI, kyoshos and others?

tunability? performance? parts availability?
Old 10-01-2007, 07:37 AM   #14
Tech Apprentice

You're fooling yourself if you really believe it will "hold it's own" against cars like the Serpent. I have seen these cars blasted to bits by a RRR on a slightly technical track. I agree that they do "hold their own" but that's from a very relative perspective. The thought is: This car only costs so much but is ONLY about 2 seconds a lap slower than the big dolla race bred machinery. I supposed, in a "cost-to-satisfaction" ratio this might make sense ...but in reality, 2 seconds a lap is enough to confidently say "you will be blown away!!".
Personally, I would opt for the HPI RS4 ...if not the Associated. But sadly Associated have followed a "hands-off" school of thought when it comes to the NTC4's design. While Cindi Lauper was tearing up microphones (and ear drums!) around the States the NTC4 was tearing up tracks world-wide ....those days, like Lauper's stardom, are long over !! At least HPI has just updated the RS4 with stronger parts, better pipe and some other assorted goodies. As for Schumacher; their "stuff-in-the-biggest-engine-you-can-hold-with-one-hand" school of design might work for some, but sucks when you see the relatively ancient looking hardware surrounding the engine.

Whatever you buy ...any of those cars will offer some level of fun. Place the emphasis on parts availability. If all three are equally available in your area and you want a durable car that you can grow with, rather then a museum piece, or a chassis with a motor strapped on, go for the HPI ...you will not regret it

SAMWA M11

"Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, Or what's a heaven for?"
-Robert Browning
johnypiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 06:14 AM   #15
Tech Master

The fusion .21 is just a parking lot basher. In stock trim you are right it can't keep up with a 1/8 scale Serpent. But I made a mistake I should have said that my Fusion will hold its own against a Serpent. My buddy just barely beats me. But my Fusion is not stock either it is modified. The motor has been worked over by RBMODS and the chassis is a Wolf bumpstart chassis . What makes a car handle is how adjustable it is the fusion chassis has all the adjustments and is based on the winning Schumacher electric chassis but it does have a slightly high center of gravity which does not seem that much of an issue with they way my car handles. The 1/8 scale tires make the car have a wider stance and handle better plus I millled down the engine blocks to compensate for the added height of the motor.

Last edited by nitrohead5300; 10-02-2007 at 06:17 PM.