Wiki Posts
Search

My track in France

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by romuald31
We designed the on road track with 6 members (all 6 members, we have already made Euro champs, and saw many tracks around Europe to designed something with the best we saw).
Same thing for Off road.
The facilities were design for 2 clubs (On and Off).
We put all what we want on a paper sheet , we discuss a lot, and then we finally saw an architect. He help us to know what can be do whit the budget.
For example, the politicians obliged us to install a ascencor for handicapped person, and it cost a lot...

Au revoir
So now that the club has been using the track, is there anything you would do different if you could do it over again? Anybody complaining about anything? Are there any plans to add anything?
Old 09-28-2007, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Default American RC Drama

Chris & Jim

Who are you trying to fool? You Roar guys hate RC Pro Series all over America; you know what we’re about, Promoting RC Racing So It Grows into the Mainstream & Cash Money Payouts.

It's those 2 things: Growth & Cash, thats what you guys hate to hear me talk about the most.

No matter what we’ve tried to do to prove our sincerity, it doesn’t matter; Roar has always met RC Pro with opposition. The direction of this thread proves it, you guys hate our vision and desire to grow RC racing to a much larger demographic.

You know it, we know it and now anyone that reads this thread knows it too. Lets move on.

Now,Jim your basically telling me in front of the world on RCTECH that you will try to screw me over when ever you can, is that correct?

Chris, you've always hated me since my days of Forgass, so nothing new there.

Local news is for High School teams, the racers at Winternats are the best RC drivers on Earth right, try to get them National coverage. Ask you local TV station how to get your story out.

The past 30+ years proves you can organize some great RC racing events & rules, hands down; but you ability to promote our sport into the “Mainstream American Landscape” flat out sucks. (Sorry to burst your bubble, but its true)

No biggie, instead of getting angry at me about it use Roar’s money to call a public relations firm and get some marketing help with it, thats all, easy fix.

Roar needs to start thinking like this if you plan to promote the IFMAR Off-Road Championships too.

Some of your other Roar tracks have asked for promotional help on this thread too, give them the tools they need, make your tracks happy.

Please don’t try to pull the same stupid crap your boys from Cali did, trying to get me kicked out of RC Pro or Homestead Motor Speedway. It didn't work for them- it's not gonna work you.

Leave me the *&%* alone and everything will be cool.

All the best, have a great life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now how about that track in France.

Do you mean your government spent the 200,000 Euro to build it for you?

Man, you guys are too lucky!

Do regular people in France respect RC racing?

Post more video if you have it.

The track in Spain is too cool. If anyone knows of the clubs website, please post that too.

Last edited by Jspeed; 09-29-2007 at 03:52 AM.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Wow......such venom and passion.
Who says people don't care about our hobby/sport.

There are some unbelievable tracks around the world. There are some here in the U.S too.

I think a big problem is the sheer expance of the country and the fact that we are so spread out. ("We", meaning the drivers and people 'in' the hobby)

Also, the tax structure over here (the U.S.) is different in that there is still so much beurocrecy (is that the way you spell it? ) to get through.
We don't make it user friendly, we make it (the beaurocrecy) to make money. Every thing, yes , everything over here is done to make money ! I'm not talking of the odd person out there doing a good dead. I mean the organizations. Government and local orthorities. People in power.

Regretfully there are people who do not want things to change in RC racing because they are doing very well just as it is!
People who want to change r/c either are not doing well as things stand or who truthfully want the r/c industry and hobby to grow as a hobby/sport, pastime or whatever.

There are people out there who know exactly how to promote, publicize and sell this sport/hobby. People who have done marketing for years. It's an industry all of it's own.

The big question is why have not the hobby/sport organizers emplyed their services? Who stands to benefit from not using their experteze and "growing" the hobby/sport as most people think is necessery?

Unfortunately these are the people in control of the hobby here in the U.S. So unless a benefit can be brought to these people, then they will do all to stop it happening. Why should things change?

They are doing fine as it is.

Sad thought but I believe true, even if I don't explain them well.

Also, for those who take every letter as gospel. Not everyone is bad. Not everyone is money orientated. Not everyone in control of the hobby are being like this..................................just the magority!

British Menace
Old 09-29-2007, 07:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jeff Vargas, (jspeed)

Again, you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground ...Everyone continues to get the same thing from you ...BLAH BLAH BLAH

All talk NO action ... Like we all told you in FORGASS (one of the longest running series in the country)

Don't TELL us SHOW us

Interesting that you have now told everyone one on this thread that your wonderful personality has a group of racers (of which you are not) in California, has tried to get you kicked out of RC Pro ...

Gee, I wonder why they would do that ???

Is it because as a NON-RACER you are trying to promote Rc racing by NOT having a track, by not racing and by coming on threads like this and flaming everyone that is actually continuing to hold R/C races and positively promote the sport. No one will have to get you kicked out of anything Vargas you will do it all by yourself!!

If you really wanted to help out R/C racing...GO AWAY !!!!!
Old 09-29-2007, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by British Menace
Regretfully there are people who do not want things to change in RC racing because they are doing very well just as it is!
People who want to change r/c either are not doing well as things stand or who truthfully want the r/c industry and hobby to grow as a hobby/sport, pastime or whatever.
Well said... we have people in R/C that do not want it to change. They are not interested in growing it.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

Default The Truth

[QUOTE=CFowler;3716758]
Interesting that you have now told everyone one on this thread that your wonderful personality has a group of racers (of which you are not) in California, has tried to get you kicked out of RC Pro ...

Gee, I wonder why they would do that ??? QUOTE]

--------------------------------------------------------
Chris,

The boys from Cali are just 2 guys that work for an RC manufacturer that didn’t want to participate in the RC Pro Series 2006 Off-Road Finals at the Rockford Metro Center Arena.

They called my boss because of their “relationship” with Roar and not wanting to pay $500 for a display booth at our tradeshow during the Championships like the other RC manufacturers did.

Once again, Roar hating RC Pro.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

THIS IS PAINFUL TO READ

As I hate to say this...If you get all this corporate sponsorship going, where is all the money going? If local clubs can do what a "PRO" organization does for thousands of dollars, I don't get it. It will only raise the cost of racing more. What is the total objective? Who is putting money in who's pockets. Its the racers puting money in pockets. If you have it your way, it seems to me and a lot of others that thier would be NO MORE club racing.

What are you getting out of it?
Old 09-29-2007, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Default James, This should help you.

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
THIS IS PAINFUL TO READ

As I hate to say this...If you get all this corporate sponsorship going, where is all the money going? If local clubs can do what a "PRO" organization does for thousands of dollars, I don't get it. It will only raise the cost of racing more. What is the total objective? Who is putting money in who's pockets. Its the racers puting money in pockets. If you have it your way, it seems to me and a lot of others that thier would be NO MORE club racing.

James,

Good questions.

At RC Pro events, the Racers Win Trophies, Plaques and CASH Money.

RC Pro is helping to build 2 new tracks right now; I personally got the 5 acres for Nitro Beach.

The plan is to reduce the cost of RC racing by introducing our sport to more people in hi-visibility and unique public venues whenever possible.

You’ll also be seeing advertisements for the new SS Speedway’s charity event in upcoming issues RC magazines.

James, as you already know, we’re working the introduction of the new “Kyosho Inferno GT” Rally classes to offer a fun, fast, durable and economical entry level opportunity to grow racer participation at our On-Road events.

Rally class events are apparently becoming very popular in a few regions in Europe. It’s a reflection of the world economy as a progressive organization, RC Pro is willing to give it a try.

We at RC Pro realize that in most parts of our country that “Club-Level” On-Road racing is in decline. Look at B&B near your home James, their Off-Road Club races have a huge following, while Dave’s ON-Road racing is no where near as popular (In Attendance Numbers).

I’m sure many other Hobby Shops across America are experiencing a similar situation. Some may blame it on “Cycles”, while others attribute it to lack of the general public’s knowledge of the existence of RC racing in general. No matter how you want to see it, our sport needs to make adjustments and promote itself more than ever before.

As far as me personally, what I get out of it is knowing that there are many RC manufacturers, track owners and racers that appreciate what we’re doing to promote our sport.

I’ll get my paycheck when a Pepsi or Papa John’s uses RC Pro Series as a promotional vehicle for their “Brand Names”. RC racing will become an internal part of their Big Money marketing campaigns & RC racers will win too because our Cash Payouts will get a whole lot bigger!
Old 09-29-2007, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
THIS IS PAINFUL TO READ

While I'm not trying to flame you, but if you can get R/C racing exposued to more people and more people get into R/C, that means more sales to the MFGs of the RC, which means they can sale the products for less, or you have much more to select from, driving the price down. Think about this, each mfg of on-road 1/10th nitro cars sells only around 500 total units per year in the US, not all of them are raced, as we all know this about only 2%. Not a lot of units, so they have to get their development dollars from the people that race, so if you could double the racers, the pool of racers to pay for development is doubled, therefore it is better for everyone.

I work for a manufacture (not in R/C) we spent 6 million on the device for assembly of the product. Now we make 6 million units on this machine of just one size per year, the machine can assemble 10 other sizes for us. What to guess what the price of the unit would be if we only sold 1 million units per year? Some has to pay for the machine, and that person is the consumer. Just like in R/C.

I really believe the some people in R/C do not want to see anymore growth because they have a good little business going. The problem is we have seen a drop in R/C. Some people think it is down cycle, but something is causing the down cycle, the costs of racing at the club level. Nitro and elec (stock) is expensive, compared to the hay day of R/C... Thus you have to either get greater exposure, or develop a new low class for the club level racing. People that want to take it to the next level can and spend the money. Currently that is missing...

I currently run the Bass Pro Series, and we get R/C in front of 8,000 to 10,000 each time we race, which is once a month. But I'm not a hobby shop and we get no support from the 3 hobby shops in town. The source of business from them are these races, and they do not support them... But they are first people to complain about the down cycle in R/C currently.

The bottom line, we either need to get more exposure to R/C racing, and/or a low cost entry level class for club racing. I believe the answer is both are needed. Not the current status of R/C, and not everyone agrees.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

Don't get me wrong, I hear what you are saying.......But the fact is that in order to get more drivers.....there is a lot of drivers out thier already....they just arn't coming out to race. Why is that? The cost of racing. If you want more racers, someone is going to have to spend the dollars to race or get into racing. This is the trend. I remember only a few years ago when in sedan, no turbo engines.....cars were slower, thier was a lot more racers, and when you raised the price of engines, made cars go faster and faster, more and more people got out of the hobby.

Electic in our area all but died.....the loss of one track took a toll on attendance at other places to race.

This is only my oppinion.....I live an hour north of Tampa.....for me to race, I have to drive no less than 90 miles one way. Now I own 2 businesses and I work my but off to be able to pay my bills and race. EVERYTIME I leave my house to go racing, I can figure it will cost me at least $200 or more. Some weekends, like 2 weeks ago, I lost and engine, add $400 more to that! Now if I go to a race that is two day event, I have to add Hotel and Dinner/Breakfast, another $150...
My point in this is: racers cannot afford to race now, prices are going up all the time, and it isn't the money being spent on cars, parts, or gear, it is money being spent on the Gasoline, food, hotels, and other related trackside expenses. How can huge corporate money make this better. If you are trying to do to RC racing what Bill France did to Nascar, I'll quit...to attend a NASCAR race last year, cost my wife and I $1000 for the weekend.

When you get a huge venue, all that does is drive the cost of hotels, food and other area expeses up. That will drive the racers cost up. I don't know about you, but things in my household are tight already.

Most people don't have the money to go out and race. It isn't a spec class or a low cost class, they just don't have the money to run. I keep a credit card for my racing expenses and use it for that only, it does not include the $$ pocket money that I take with me for drinks and food. It is hotels, gas, rental car, plane tickets, ect....last year, I attended 4 major races...my total bill for last year $12500 on the card.
With RCPro having thier series going around the continential region EAST, WEST, SOUTH, ect... How is spending $400 for a kit going to lower cost?

You want to lower costs? How about all those old kits, mtx3, V one R, NTC3, LD3, ect and use those. You can get one of them for around $100 bucks. let people spend money on the parts for those, most hobby shops have thousands of dollars of those parts hanging on the walls. Toss in a $150 or less engine, (keep the reciept), now you have a "lower cost" car.

I was thinking about this last night. Hobby shops have started selling used vehicles for others. Why is that? That customer in turn will usually buy more. It puts money back into a customer that already spends in the shop....Now the hobby shop has 2 customers not one.

As a former sales manager, when you have a larger pool of people that are willing to buy something, price of that item usualy goes up, not down. It isn't the fact that a manufacture is making more, it is supply and demand. Maximun profit is what it is all about. You can do what you want, that doesn't mean you will accoplish your goals, but I think that your barking might start to annoy people very soon.

I've said what I wanted to say, DON"T quote me. nobody wants to read anymore of what you and I both know I have and can prove.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Track in France

It just all about where the profit goes and how it is going with that track in France.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Default Back to his track in France

Yea, I’d rather see more pictures & hear more about that super track in France.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It's a good thing I only said "I think I'm done in this thread."

Racing any type of vehicle is expensive. As I've stated many times, this hobby/sport is not for people on welfare. Clearly, all of us have some money to blow on R/C - some have more money than others. If you want to be the jet setting type and fly to events, your budget is going to be much higher than the club racer that is just happy he has a place to race - even if it's just a parking lot. IMO, it costs $2,500 - 3,000 (car plus all necessary pit gear) to get started and at least another $2,400 a year to race once a month (or 12 times a year) for club level racing. If you can race for cheaper than that, consider yourself lucky.

When you start to talk about corporate sponsorship, I can see value in helping to offset the expense of building, maintaining and running a track. If the track also happens to have a hobby shop associated with it, then it can help make the whole operation profitable from the standpoint of making it worth the owner's time and effort to stay in business. If a track or hobby shop is just getting by, then from a business perspective, it really doesn't make any sense to stay in business. The only exception to that, is if the person has another source of income to cover their personal expenses and/or remains out of debt - not including a first mortgage or car payment(s).

When it comes to awarding cash for winning races, I see it as only benefiting the winners - and even then, it may not be enough to cover someone's expenses. Is winning $500 plus a trophy/plaque sweeter than just winning the trophy/plaque - you bet it is! But when you do the math, it only starts to make sense if you're breaking even and it costs you nothing to race. "More affordable" only makes sense relative to how much you spend as a racer. When you start having to justify your hobby to your other half, "I spent $12K and made back $2K" just won't cut it. And quite honestly, if you have to justify your hobby to anyone, you just can't afford it. I think this whole notion that introducing money into R/C is going to reduce the cost for everyone and make it more affordable, is debatable.

Does offering cash for winning increase participation in R/C racing? I'm not so sure about that. IMO, it may convert a basher into a racer, but only until they figure out if they can win any money and how much, relative to how much they are spending. For someone that doesn't even own any gear, they have to get over the initial start-up cost sticker shock and the "I am I really going to enjoy this?" debate. Let's not forget the time and effort commitment as well.

I race because I enjoy racing and it's how I want to spend my weekends twice a month. My family would be much happier if I didn't race, for their own selfish reasons, but hey - I'm entitled. I've spent about $8K since I started 19 months ago and I don't expect to ever recoup my expenses. But you know what? I didn't get into this for the money.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
I race because I enjoy racing and it's how I want to spend my weekends twice a month. My family would be much happier if I didn't race, for their own selfish reasons, but hey - I'm entitled. I've spent about $8K since I started 19 months ago and I don't expect to ever recoup my expenses. But you know what? I didn't get into this for the money.
I can agree with you 100 and 10% on that! It isn't about money... Racing in my world is still cheaper than a shrink!
Old 09-30-2007, 08:59 AM
Tech Champion

I think I already spent more than $20K since 2003, and I enjoy every penny of it.

BTW, I won C1 on 1/8 on-road race today, I received $40 cash. ..... and I already spend it on gas station

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.