R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-30-2007, 10:09 AM   #106
Tech Elite

RMD, youíre right, nobody gets into it RC for the money and Iím not flaming, OK

Are Cash Payouts for the entire A Main a bad thing? Even at Club level races?

Have you ever entered a Bass fishing tournament?

When you get lucky and bag the big fish, that fish looks good, the trophy looks good and the Cash feels real good too. Thatís all Iím saying.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Congrats on your win!
If that $40 could have been $400, youíd be able to buy gas for a month.
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 01:08 PM   #107
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
RMD, you’re right, nobody gets into it RC for the money and I’m not flaming, OK

Quote:
Are Cash Payouts for the entire A Main a bad thing? Even at Club level races?
Not a bad thing at all. Would definitely put a smile on my face.

Quote:
Have you ever entered a Bass fishing tournament?

When you get lucky and bag the big fish, that fish looks good, the trophy looks good and the Cash feels real good too. That’s all I’m saying.
From here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bass_fishing#Competition

There are two major bass fishing competitions in the United States. One is the Bassmaster Tournament Trail, organized by the Bass Anglers Sportsman Society. It was started by Ray Scott, the "father" of competitive bass fishing. First held in 1969, today, professionals like Michael Iaconelli, Kevin VanDam, Robert Baney, Aaron Martens, Rick Clunn, and Luke Clausen are household names to many American sports fans. There are 12 events in which the top 50 anglers compete. The top prize in the Bassmaster Classic is $500,000. The other event is the Wal-Mart FLW Tour. The top prize of the FLW Cup is $1 Million. Both tours are nationally televised on networks like ESPN and Fox Sports Net, and covered extensively by the media.

Someone mentioned that watching R/C racing as a spectator sport was boring to the masses, but if you could get Ray Wood style coverage out on ESPN every week, you would be making some headway. His videos are always very interesting and exciting. Seems like the best R/C can do is, is a few minutes on YouTube with a CamCorder - if that. And on top of that, there are no commentators, no coverage style graphics and you can't even tell who is who - or who is winning!!

It really doesn't cost that much to hire a small local crew, to cover a race to produce a ESPN style video for a national organization's Web site. "Splurging" on one on-road and one off-road race a year seems like a good promotional idea to me. If you want to "show people" how exciting R/C racing can be, this is certainly one way of doing it.

I bet event organizers could get local film school students to come out and film your event for next to nothing. Convince one of the instructors to turn it into a class assignment and you can probably get quite a bit of coverage during the race season.
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 01:18 PM   #108
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii View Post
So now that the club has been using the track, is there anything you would do different if you could do it over again? Anybody complaining about anything? Are there any plans to add anything?
bump
Old 09-30-2007, 01:26 PM   #109
Tech Elite

Default France

Yea,

Letís get back to your track in France.

Weíve already talked enough about the people that donít want to see RC racing grow in America.

Whatís happening at your track in France?

PS.
Ray Woodís racing videos totally rock!
Old 09-30-2007, 01:44 PM   #110
Tech Addict

Hello from France,

I'm sorry because I can't unterstand all you're writing because of my poor English.
But I understand one thing: I know why you're racing on parking.
It's because, I think, you don't no the word "unity".
I see a battle RCFoolz vs Jspeed, and not RC Community vs public power to get cool areas and then having more runners...

Au revoir
romuald31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 01:55 PM   #111
Tech Elite

Default Our friend from France

Quote:
Originally Posted by romuald31 View Post
Hello from France,

I'm sorry because I can't unterstand all you're writing because of my poor English.
But I understand one thing: I know why you're racing on parking.
It's because, I think, you don't no the word "unity".
I see a battle RCFoolz vs Jspeed, and not RC Community vs public power to get cool areas and then having more runners...

Au revoir
Your english is very good our friend from France.
You can see what is happening in America today.

Au revoir, to you too
Old 09-30-2007, 02:10 PM   #112
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

romuald31

Please do NOT take anything that you hear from JSpeed as to what is going on in American R/C racing ! He has only known about it for 5 years and has done more damage to it's reputation than any promotion.

Your track is beautiful and I wish you luck with it ... hopefully you will not have any cancerous negativity like we have with JSpeed.

I hope you land a big race such as a World event!!

Hope to meet you in person someday, either at your track or mine !!
Old 09-30-2007, 05:43 PM   #113
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFowler View Post
romuald31

Please do NOT take anything that you hear from JSpeed as to what is going on in American R/C racing ! He has only known about it for 5 years and has done more damage to it's reputation than any promotion.

Your track is beautiful and I wish you luck with it ... hopefully you will not have any cancerous negativity like we have with JSpeed.

I hope you land a big race such as a World event!!

Hope to meet you in person someday, either at your track or mine !!
Who are you??? This conversion turned, and you turned it right back to a war between you and Jspeed. What is the deal with this? While is fun reading at first, now it just seems some personal thing...

Digi3Dworks - 3D printing for the medical Field.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 05:49 PM   #114
Tech Elite

rcfoolz - I do agree with what you are saying at the level you are saying it... My goal is to increase club racing, not national level racing. I would like to see 50 people racing at the club level per race. The national level is a whole different animal. Like you I enjoy racing, but the value of spending 5K per year to club race is not enough to keep most club racing. My feelings is if club racing is not strong, then it is big problem because this is the heart of R/C, not the bigger races.... I agree with getting more expouser to R/C to grow Club racing. If you can have it on TV that helps a lot, and I would enjoy watching the bigger races on TV, even if I do not attend.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:42 PM   #115
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvoltz View Post
rcfoolz - I do agree with what you are saying at the level you are saying it... My goal is to increase club racing, not national level racing. I would like to see 50 people racing at the club level per race. The national level is a whole different animal. Like you I enjoy racing, but the value of spending 5K per year to club race is not enough to keep most club racing. My feelings is if club racing is not strong, then it is big problem because this is the heart of R/C, not the bigger races.... I agree with getting more expouser to R/C to grow Club racing. If you can have it on TV that helps a lot, and I would enjoy watching the bigger races on TV, even if I do not attend.
That's right, club racing need to grow ..... it's the supply side for anyone who are going into national level, and most importantly the supply side to keep RC hobby popular.

We don't have to seperate club racing vs national level racing, or insult club racing level........ everybody mostly come from club racing level back then before become serious racers.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 09:50 PM   #116
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576 View Post
That's right, club racing need to grow ..... it's the supply side for anyone who are going into national level, and most importantly the supply side to keep RC hobby popular.

We don't have to seperate club racing vs national level racing, or insult club racing level........ everybody mostly come from club racing level back then before become serious racers.
I agree.. That is why the my foucus is on club, because it is what feeds the national level... I'm not down playing national level... Club level is where it all starts. This is why I believe that club level should have stock for the new people, and Pro Stock (19T) is for the better people, at the club level....

Old 09-30-2007, 11:48 PM   #117
Tech Addict

Back on Track!!!

RMDHawaii:
Things we would want to change, would be the height of the roof of the podium, because, when it rain with some wind drivers are all wet. Around 1 meter less would be perfect. But we can't change it now because the big steel posts were calculated for the first design and can't be cut...
After that, the kitchen is a little bit small, especially when we organize a very big race with 150 drivers + their mechanics or family, and you know, french people love good food.
Third thing is the parking, but we can't do anything because it's a terrain of the public collectivity (for the recreation park where we are accomodated).
And some minors others things we modify every year with the members money and their knowledge.

Here's a link with some french club web site.

http://www.yome3000.com/liens.php?cat=Club

Enjoy
romuald31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:40 AM   #118
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by romuald31 View Post
Back on Track!!!

RMDHawaii:
Things we would want to change, would be the height of the roof of the podium, because, when it rain with some wind drivers are all wet. Around 1 meter less would be perfect. But we can't change it now because the big steel posts were calculated for the first design and can't be cut...
After that, the kitchen is a little bit small, especially when we organize a very big race with 150 drivers + their mechanics or family, and you know, french people love good food.
Third thing is the parking, but we can't do anything because it's a terrain of the public collectivity (for the recreation park where we are accomodated).
And some minors others things we modify every year with the members money and their knowledge.

Here's a link with some french club web site.

http://www.yome3000.com/liens.php?cat=Club

Enjoy
Thank you for answering my questions.

For those that don't read French you can use AltaVista to translate the site:
http://babelfish.altavista.com

If you check the 'Photographs' section, 'Your circuits', you can see pictures of some other tracks.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:42 PM   #119
Tech Elite

Default ďEvery picture tells a story donít itĒ

ďEvery picture tells a story donít itĒ

Tarbes

Tourlaville

Saint Afrique

Herrilisheim

Champiqny

Dammarie

Vauzelle

Avignons

Reding
Old 10-02-2007, 10:50 AM   #120
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Those are really nice circuts.

My dad was a member of the i think the AMA. it the really big model Airplane club that does all these little events. Anyway im shure i got the name wrong but heres what up with them. Im pretty shure they are no profit. They do all the rules for RC and free flight.
Do they have thier own land in Indiana,its close to Muncei.
Well the land is really large they fly RC events out there all the time.
bakaguyjean is offline   Reply With Quote