R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-28-2007, 10:06 AM   #76
Tech Elite

Default Mr Rice

Mr Jim Rice,

I meant no disrespect to you or the “Winternats” at all.

I thought I made that clear that your race is one of the most prestigious On-Road RC races on earth. I have all the respect in the world for you and everyone that has worked so hard for years to put on your event.

My point is that your great event is not known or promoted to the general public. (Read that as the Mainstream Population of Earth) It’s not just your track or your event but all of RC racing in America. Nobody knows it exists because it not promoted to the outside world.

As far as pissing you off, I’m sorry you are upset about what I said, but the fact remains that nobody outside of hard-core On-Road RC racers know about your track & event.

I’ve offered to help you in the past and you know it’s true.

I’m still willing to help you promote your race to attract corporate sponsorship from outside the RC industry if you want to see the Winternats achieve it’s true commercial & marketing potential, just as I’ve told you in the past.

As far as burning bridges, that is all up to you at this point.
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:14 AM   #77
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
Mr Jim Rice,

I meant no disrespect to you or the “Winternats” at all.

I thought I made that clear that your race is one of the most prestigious On-Road RC races on earth. I have all the respect in the world for you and everyone that has worked so hard for years to put on your event.

My point is that your great event is not known or promoted to the general public. (Read that as the Mainstream Population of Earth) It’s not just your track or your event but all of RC racing in America. Nobody knows it exists because it not promoted to the outside world.

As far as pissing you off, I’m sorry you are upset about what I said, but the fact remains that nobody outside of hard-core On-Road RC racers know about your track & event.

I’ve offered to help you in the past and you know it’s true.

I’m still willing to help you promote your race to attract corporate sponsorship from outside the RC industry if you want to see the Winternats achieve it’s true commercial & marketing potential, just as I’ve told you in the past.

As far as burning bridges, that is all up to you at this point.
You mentioned that the Winternats is not promoted to the outside world, then How come the Top European drivers as well as other foreign racers attends this race every year?
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:58 AM   #78
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
You mentioned that the Winternats is not promoted to the outside world, then How come the Top European drivers as well as other foreign racers attends this race every year?
one word "rctech"
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:59 AM   #79
Tech Elite

Default Get real

When I say “The Outside World” we’re talking about all the people that are not RC racers.

Before anyone else comes on her and accuses me of blasphemy, go to a mall this weekend and ask 100 people at random if they know anything about RC racing.

You know the answer you will get will be. Huh, what’s that, people race Radio Shack toy cars?

Pick up a phone and call your local Pepsi distributor and ask them if they know anything about RC racing, then try to tell me I’m wrong.

Hey people, please try to remember this simple fact, I talk to corporate America about involvement in RC racing almost every single day.

They all have no clue about RC racing at all.

All of us RC racers need to at least try to promote our sport a little more so it grows.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:43 AM   #80
Tech Adept

Quote:
I found this European Dream Track on an RC site from Spain.
All I can say is..........Unbelievable!
This is Lloret del Mar in Spain, it was built for one 1:5 race, they always have a large scale race at the same time with Rallye de Catalunya (Spanish leg of WRC Rally series). Last couple of years they have had an offroad race though. This track is also available in Virtual RC:
http://www.virtualrc.com/tracks/trac....aspx?prid=180
olev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 11:49 AM   #81
Tech Addict

Hello from France,
and I'm sorry to make you so sad.
I just want to share our nice track!!!

The financment is totally assume with public money.
After 2 years fighting with the local politics, they gave us the right to build this on and off road complex.
it takes then 3 months to design the tracks and 6 months to build.
After that, all modifications, upgrading, purchase is made with the club member's money... (painting, climatisatios, computers....)

Here's some pictures

http://nitrogph.free.fr/nouveau%20complexe/

And here, an another review of the 1/5 french championship.

http://www.automodelisme.com/modules...&pid=21&page=1

Au revoir.
romuald31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:06 PM   #82
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

WOW, some of you really do not want to see R/C get any more exposure...

If you do not want to grow or increase your weekend racing attendance, why not just say you are happy with as it currently is working... Rather then jumping on people for having ideas on how to get more exposure.

We are seeing a large number of tracks closing because the current turn out of racers is not enough to keep the doors open... Maybe that is not the case for you currently, but when it is, I'm sure you will change your mind and views..

Digi3Dworks - 3D printing for the medical Field.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:09 PM   #83
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

What I would like to see is how to get into the local parks and goverments to get a track built by the people that have done it. What worked, what did not, what did they want to know, what did they not want to know. What are the keys for success, what to watch for. Heck, make us pay for this booklet, I know I would.

Digi3Dworks - 3D printing for the medical Field.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:26 PM   #84
Tech Champion

Quote:
Try making my teleconference call to Miller Beer tomorrow afternoon and try explaining to them that investing in RC racing is a great idea to promote their products.

Now that is a lot of hard “Friggen” work!
The Miller guys hesitate to sponsor because of " Don't Drink and Drive " reasons ..... might end up like Paris Hilton.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:28 PM   #85
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576 View Post
The Miller guys hesitate to sponsor because of " Don't Drink and Drive " reasons ..... might end up like Paris Hilton.
Now that's Funny
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:40 PM   #86
Tech Elite

Default Funny Stuff

Yea comic relief is a great thing.

No Miller, Bud & Coors don’t sponsor NASCAR, they must not drive at over 200mph.

And the current INDY IRL Champion’s car isn’t sponsored by Canadian Club because they drink & drive.

Funny stuff……
Old 09-28-2007, 01:54 PM   #87
Tech Addict

Quote:
I found this European Dream Track on an RC site from Spain.
All I can say is..........Unbelievable!

This track is in Spain.
It's LLoret Del Mar.
The track is build only for one week for the 1/5 GP.
The track is near the paddock of the Spanish round of the WRC Rally World Championship.
The sponsor of the Rally and the track is Movistar (TV, Telephone and internet big company).

Bye
Old 09-28-2007, 02:07 PM   #88
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by romuald31 View Post
Hello from France,
and I'm sorry to make you so sad.
I just want to share our nice track!!!

The financment is totally assume with public money.
After 2 years fighting with the local politics, they gave us the right to build this on and off road complex.
it takes then 3 months to design the tracks and 6 months to build.
After that, all modifications, upgrading, purchase is made with the club member's money... (painting, climatisatios, computers....)

Here's some pictures

http://nitrogph.free.fr/nouveau%20complexe/

And here, an another review of the 1/5 french championship.

http://www.automodelisme.com/modules...&pid=21&page=1

Au revoir.
These photos are fantastic! As a photo documentary of a track build, it is the best I've ever seen! I see so many great ideas - plus you have wheelchair access!

It is truly a world class track. You and your club members are very fortunate.

Who designed the facilities? Is one of your club members an architect?
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 02:22 PM   #89
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ahh, JSpeed, out here flappin" the lips some more ??

Let me fill you in, seeing as your mouth has got on the "don't know my ass from the hole in the ground" side of the information that you always so quickly spew about on the web.

1. You don't get the Ft Myers New Press so you have NO idea that they cover a full page spread on the Winter Nats every year.

2. You don't watch the Ft Myers local news so you don't know that they come out every year and interview World Champions.

3. You don't come to the WinterNats, because if you did you would see that we are visited by the County Commissioners every year.

4. You have NEVER looked at the Corporate sponsorship that the WinterNats gets every year ... a virtual who's who in the R/C world, AROUND THE WORLD !!!

Did you get that ...AROUND THE WORLD!!!! As in the PLANET !!!!

5. The WinterNats is currently preparing for it's 32nd year of racing. I'm sure that you didn't know that, because if you did you would realize how successful that by itself would represent.

THAT WOULD BE ALMOST 5 TIMES AS LONG AS YOU EVEN KNEW R/C EXISTED

If you would REALLY like to help R/C racing, get OUT of it.

You put the worst face on R/C involvement that anyone possibly could, you constantly rant mis-information. You are constantly looking for someone to blame. You have only brought negativity and decesent everywhere you have gone.

You, have single handedly, destroyed the chance of RC pro doing any Onroad good in SW Florida. As long as you are involved, no one will want anything to do with it!

I cringe to think what Corporate Advertising firms must think after they talk to you .... I know what the group in South Florida thought ...not good!!!

DO NOT EVER TELL ANYONE THAT YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE WINTERNATS !!!!!

Signed
Chris Fowler
Old 09-28-2007, 02:44 PM   #90
Tech Addict

We designed the on road track with 6 members (all 6 members, we have already made Euro champs, and saw many tracks around Europe to designed something with the best we saw).
Same thing for Off road.
The facilities were design for 2 clubs (On and Off).
We put all what we want on a paper sheet , we discuss a lot, and then we finally saw an architect. He help us to know what can be do whit the budget.
For example, the politicians obliged us to install a ascencor for handicapped person, and it cost a lot...

Another view..

Au revoir