rather buy tires.
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 09:12 AM   #32
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher View Post
Who said walley can't have an opinion. I just think a great deal of what he posts is not good advice. I can have an opinion too.
So Scott are you trying to say that WALLEY is really DUMB?
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 10:58 AM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Sam, I am not saying that. I am saying that I don't agree with Walley very often and would caution other people that may make a decision to go with his advice.

I can thank Walley for one thing: I used to get a bit of ribbing from people for all of my posting. Walley has been an rc-tech member for 14.5 months and has averaged over 6 posts a day for the entire time. I actually have fewer posts than him even though I have belonged to since 2003.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:42 AM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I just replaced the Hudy carbide bit on my Hudy truer..............after 6 years and I race 1/10 and 1/8th and race a lot. It is worth every penny which is something that can not be said about too many Rc products.

almost forgot..........I love it when Wally posts.
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:06 PM   #35
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

We race at the Rams club and one of the guys there has a Hudy tire truer with the carbide bit on it. This truer has been used like a community club truer for a few years know and the bit just started to cut a little slower. And believe me when I say this thing is running all day long. I would only buy a carbide bit to replace it. Those things work awesome.
JASON MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:56 PM   #36
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallyedmonds View Post
i was waiting for that
and i still dont like the hudy bit.
rather buy tires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher View Post
Sam, I am not saying that. I am saying that I don't agree with Walley very often and would caution other people that may make a decision to go with his advice.

I can thank Walley for one thing: I used to get a bit of ribbing from people for all of my posting. Walley has been an rc-tech member for 14.5 months and has averaged over 6 posts a day for the entire time. I actually have fewer posts than him even though I have belonged to since 2003.

Go read the Mugen MTX-4R thread, anything he has said, everyone else told me also.....

So saying not to trust what he says is stupid........He likes the bit he likes, and thats he he buys them, he liked the car he has, and thats why he bought it

Why is it different if he wants a different truer blade?
Old 09-21-2007, 06:08 PM   #37
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
Go read the Mugen MTX-4R thread, anything he has said, everyone else told me also.....

So saying not to trust what he says is stupid........He likes the bit he likes, and thats he he buys them, he liked the car he has, and thats why he bought it

I can think of a reason: he isn't sponsored by them....don't ever listen to a sponsored drivers opinion on products, lol
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 06:39 PM   #38
Tech Elite

im not sponsored by anyone
hey if ppl like the hudy bit thats great,im not really slaming it i just think there's other things you can get for that much money
and most of my posts are in the chat thread just joking around.
but you see thats what good about this forum thing we can disagree and agree on thing's
just dont call ppl names thats just wrong

iv tried so things said here and some work and some dont.
its just fun to see what ppl are doing and how they get things to work better for them.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:50 PM   #39
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
Nah I doubt it that you ever had one, anybody that owns one will pretty much stick with it due to the reliability and longetivity of the Hudy Carbide Cutter.
I have to agree with Sam here. I have cut 100's of 1:8th and 10th scale tires on a Hudy truer that's over 10 years old with the original carbide bit I got for it. And it still cuts perfect as day one. I did buy a replacement bit, but have yet to need it because the original is still in excelent condition. I tend to only take off 2mm per pass on average, so maybe that's why it has lasted so long. But I would definately recommend the Hudy bit. In all honesty, it just might outlast the truer. I like to take care of my equipment though. After all, spending around 400-500 bucks on something like a truer, you should want to take care of it, in fact I like to take care of ALL my "things" regardless of price. Just my input. But whatever suits your individual needs and budget is cool with me. And by all means, everyone is entitled to there opinion. However, there is a BIG difference between opinion and facts under some topics. Don't let something like pride run or control your opinion and start having a "closed" mind because of your pride. The day you close your mind is the day you stop learning and growing in every aspect.
Ans yes I will say it. The TRUE HUDY carbide bit is 1000's of times better then ANY type of saw blade. This is a fact. However it's an individuals option to take a different route that they are satisfied with. Sorry all for the rambleing. By the way Sam, I hope things are going good for you my friend. Take care EVERYONE!! Later.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:14 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Double post

Last edited by Scott Fisher; 09-21-2007 at 11:37 PM.
Scott Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:35 PM   #41
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post

I have read and continue to read the Mugen sedan thread(s). I don't agree with a lot of what he says and I don't see everyone jumping in there agreeing with him either. They certainly don't on this topic. I didn't when I was on the team, and I don't now. Sometimes I do, but quite often I don't. That is why it isn't stupid to say not to trust him. You are free to do whatever you choose, you aren't hurting me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post
I can think of a reason: he isn't sponsored by them....don't ever listen to a sponsored drivers opinion on products, lol
I am not sponsored by Hudy, RCAmerica or anybody that makes truers bits or anything else. Let me clue you in to a few things about sponsored drivers. Most sponsored drivers pay for most of their stuff. You think we are going to buy and promote junk? I am going to speak only for myself here. I have a number of sponsors. You can read my sponsor list. I have a contract with two of the companies. Kyosho and Team XS power (IDM engines). The rest of the companies is just a verbal agreement. Both of the companies that I have contracts with I pay for my stuff. ALL of it. I just read my contracts so I could be clear about what I am saying. FYI: Technically I could be cut from Kyosho for doing this.

My Kyosho contract says, among other things,:
Conduct myself in a friendly, professional, and sportsmanlike manner. Disorderly conduct, physical abuse, substance abuse, and inappropriate behavior on and off the track during the course of an event are grounds for termination. Driver represents Kyosho America and must uphold the highest standards of conduct at all times.

My Team XS power contract says (among other things):

Team driver shall act accordingly and appropriate at the race track. No swearing or screaming as the driver is a direct representation of the company.
Drivers shall offer to help the local racers as they need it for the good of the sport as well as a good image to the company.

Nowhere does it say to lie, mislead, misrepresent other people in order to sell product. As a matter of fact, my understanding and opinion of the above is that lying, misrepresenting or misleading would be in direct violation of my contracts. If I, or other drivers come on here and give you bad advice why would you ever believe that person again? If I convince you to buy a piece of garbage, that will probably be the last time you ever trust me. It just isn't worth it.

I understand why you are skeptical of what team drivers say, but many of the team drivers have run a lot of the available cars at one time or another. Also, many of the team drivers have knowledge about mods, parts and hopups that get run on many of the cars. We all talk to each other. Take it for what its worth, but to dismiss a sponsored racers advice solely because that person is sponsored really limits you.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:46 AM   #42
Tech Elite

they pm me
but its all good thats what great about racing,you take all info and play with it and see what works for you.
i think i just say to much and other ppl dont have the guts to do so maybe

i have an intgcy ppl say it sucks thats fine
to use the hudy bit you have to mod it to fit
the bit gos on an angel and the hudy truer the bit gos on vertical
maybe this is why on the intgcy truer the bit dosent work as good idono but
ill get another one to try again and see coz it dose bother me as to why this bit is so good and i had problems with it.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:40 AM   #43
Tech Regular

What tires are you cutting? My 5 year old HUDDY with same old carbide bit can pass up to 6mm at a time, on 1/8 scale tires with good power applied, like 30 amp power supply or car battery.
jake alton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 04:30 PM   #44
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to nigelnuggets

Quote:
ill get another one to try again and see coz it dose bother me as to why this bit is so good and i had problems with it.
The "intgcy" truer has almost the same "angel" as the Hudy Truer, although you are right about the modification to fit the blade, however the motor on the "intgcy" truer is slightly smaller therefore has less power than the Hudy truer. (Results: Not as clean as a cut) No Hudy truer ever has a "vertical" blade, it sits at about a 45 "angel".
Old 09-22-2007, 04:39 PM   #45
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
they pm me
but its all good thats what great about racing,you take all info and play with it and see what works for you.
i think i just say to much and other ppl dont have the guts to do so maybe

That's why! you have an "Intgcy" truer which is an "INTEGY" knock off, then the "angel" needs to be an angle for it will work.
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote