R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-06-2004, 07:38 PM   #1471
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Aggdaddy
If you're using 20% nitro and the Rossi Pixi Black 3 port straight out of the box (no modifications) The engine will not top out. You won't hear it scream down the straight-away like you're supposed to when it is properly tuned.
If you use 30% maybe. But I use 20% and I removed the shim, installed the turbo head that came with the engine, and installed a NovaRossi ultra cold turbo plug.
I just had a race last night. My temps were around 245 and under after a 5 minute heat. It moves like it should. I'm running with X12's and novarossi 3 ports.
Again, this engine is not the easiest to tune, so have patience and have fun.
For you guys running the Rossi engines, I would suggest you carefully read the following thread about engine shiming.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...g&pagenumber=1

I think in page 2 or 3 there is an explanation concerning this particular engine, done by Dennis Ritchey (Motorman).

But read all the thread, it's the best 101 on haed shiming i've found.
AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 04:49 PM   #1472
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to impalabob64
Default hey

where are my g4 drivers at anything new i hve a race 2morrow thinking of running solid axle frt 1way the track is a fast track for 1/8 scales will this setup work to my advantage come where is love lets get some stuff going hopefully put some 710 an mtx3s to rest lol or bow down the the G4
impalabob64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 05:35 PM   #1473
Tech Regular

good luck tomorrow impalabob64 Let us know how it goes and have fun killing some snakes .
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 05:40 PM   #1474
Tech Regular

I just finished making a mod to my g4 in regards to the antenna. It took about a half hour, and it cost 0.00 Basically i cut the stock antenna mount off of the transponder holder and then drilled a hole through the receiver mount and upper deck and then slid my antenna through the hole and just glued on my cut mount in between the 2 screws of the cf receiver holder. This is a great mod to reduce glitching and is quite easy. Any q's pm me
Im so proud of myself J/K!!!
Later
Old 05-08-2004, 05:41 PM   #1475
Tech Regular

almost forgot the pic, and sorry about the quality
Attached Images
File Type: jpg g4rec.jpg (6.7 KB, 143 views)
Old 05-08-2004, 11:00 PM   #1476
Tech Regular

ok, ill go hack away now. Its been done before.
budlightnmyhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 09:27 AM   #1477
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by budlightnmyhand
ok, ill go hack away now. Its been done before.
actually there's another way ...just use a 8mm set screw..loctite 1 end of it....screw it into the base of the antenna holder..after it dries just use 1 of the 2 holes that's holding the carbon receiver..just screw it in then you just use 1 of the original screws n washer on the other..... don't have to drill another hole. hope it helps.
vones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 10:29 AM   #1478
Tech Regular

Why a set screw? You can just use a regular button head machined screw and screw it in the bottom.
Aggdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 09:21 PM   #1479
Tech Elite

Quote:
Why a set screw? You can just use a regular button head machined screw and screw it in the bottom.
The reason why I'm using a set screw is to tightened the receiver plate. The plate has 2 mounting holes right? I'm using 1 to secured the antenna holder.
Old 05-09-2004, 09:32 PM   #1480
Tech Regular

Most of the people I have seen perform that mod use just a plain ole screw. It just doesn't seem like a strong substitute using a set screw and glue.
Old 05-09-2004, 09:59 PM   #1481
Tech Elite

Quote:
Most of the people I have seen perform that mod use just a plain ole screw. It just doesn't seem like a strong substitute using a set screw and glue.
Hmmm....then the mods that u've hve seen..how many screws are needed to hold the receiver plate?
Old 05-09-2004, 10:14 PM   #1482
Tech Regular

Two screws. The original and the one that goes into the antenna holder.
Old 05-09-2004, 11:40 PM   #1483
Tech Elite

Quote:
Two screws. The original and the one that goes into the antenna holder.
ok...i get what u mean.....if the mod is done this way the receiver is attach to the receiver plate with the double-sided tape right? wuld the receiver be secured firm enough?
Old 05-10-2004, 12:13 AM   #1484
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

VoneS: forget about the receiver mount plate, just mount it the way on my car lor, so far no glitch and in the event someone bump onto me, my receiver still can move to minimised the damaged.

Anyway I think all of us did have a good run on out G4 during the race yesterday, everything on the car hold up fine especially the steering system.
Joehwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 05:30 AM   #1485
Tech Regular

Guys if finally got all the parts i needed to fix my car! But guess what as i was changing all the bearings over to dinballs set, i cracked the fricken front one way holder thing. Its ok not bad. Just where you put one of the screws in through the bottom of the one way holder, it kinda cracked where the screw is a little. I swear i can't do anyting right. I wasn't even tightening hard.

I'm telling you guys, the servo saver should be tightened down till where it won't save your servo. I tried moving my servo saver yesterday and it wouldn't move. Thats why you guys are having problems. If you want a servo saver put one on the arm of the servo get rid of the crap TM has integrated into the car. It will eventualy work your rails loose. I have never had a problem with my steering. Its just as tight as it was on day one and i have never adjusted it. The built in servo saver puts extra stress on the rails because it puts different forces on the rails instead of just left and right.

Mike
budlightnmyhand is offline   Reply With Quote