R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-04-2004, 07:25 PM   #1411
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

JFast- I see you are from Michigan, any chance you will be at any of the MWS races? Might have to check out the mod in person.
J_Longbrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 07:29 PM   #1412
Tech Regular

That looks pretty good J Fast. Is it as smooth as the original setup? Do you have any slop?

Did it make the steering any quicker? Like accelerated?
Aggdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 07:34 PM   #1413

Quote:
Originally posted by Nitropimp
JFast- Looks good. How's it holding up?? What actually did you have to do? What parts did you need?

thanks

thanks i have ran it about 10 tanks or so. it has a servo saver in it so i think it will hold up fine i ran it hard and even hit a few boarders and hopped some fire hose with no problems at all. I have a race sat so ill be running the [email protected] out of it and report back. i used the b2 associated steering set and a 8/32 by 2 inch screw with nylock nut 2 1/2 inch 4 40 screws with nuts and i had to make a square peice about 18mm by 18mm to atatch to the steering post to make it long enough. im going to be making that part out of carbon fiber when i get some and make it a little thinner. i also had to drill a little hole in the servo horn inbetween the two holes already their so the steering link would clear but still get full throw without turning up the endpoints.
J FAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 07:38 PM   #1414

Quote:
Originally posted by S.Stew
No more 3rd body mount?
you can screw it on top of the screw there is enough to thread it on ill take a pic it will also hide it a little
Old 05-04-2004, 07:40 PM   #1415

Quote:
Originally posted by JBrake
JFast- Only question I have is, are you able to achieve full steering lock? In other words you haven't lost any steering throw with the mod, compared to the sliding rack? Thanks for posting the pics. Until I have a problem with the sliding rack it is staying in the car, but nice to see another option.
yes i get full steering throw it took alot of trial and error but i ended up with full steering

Jesse
Old 05-04-2004, 07:41 PM   #1416
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Good Idea.
Old 05-04-2004, 07:41 PM   #1417

Quote:
JFast- I see you are from Michigan, any chance you will be at any of the MWS races? Might have to check out the mod in person.
Yes im going to try to make most of them.

Jesse
Old 05-04-2004, 07:46 PM   #1418

Quote:
Originally posted by Aggdaddy
That looks pretty good J Fast. Is it as smooth as the original setup? Do you have any slop?

Did it make the steering any quicker? Like accelerated?
yes it feels as smooth i cant feel a difference accept more steering. and i have alot less slop than the stock rail. really i have like 1/2 mm or less slop honestly.

Jesse
Old 05-04-2004, 07:47 PM   #1419
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by J FAST
Yes im going to try to make most of them.

Jesse
Sounds good, we made reservations for Racine yesterday. Not looking forward to the 6 hour drive from Columbus, but that's just part of racing little toy cars.
Old 05-04-2004, 07:47 PM   #1420
Tech Master

Looks like the steering mods are just rollin' in now.

http://www.teammagic.com.tw/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=320
Old 05-04-2004, 07:59 PM   #1421

wow i wish i could of found that steering rack would of saved alot of time looks a little cleaner i wonder if he gets full steering though when i put my rack in the fifth body post hole i couldnt get full steering plus i had to make my links a little further apart than his to.
Old 05-04-2004, 08:20 PM   #1422
Tech Regular

Quote:

Ok, everybody who are renting there MtX-3's and 710's you can go ahead return them. Looks like we got two steering mods for the already perfect G4.

RC_Alan come on back and join the crowd. We got a fix for ya.

Aggdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 10:54 PM   #1423
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to impalabob64
Thumbs up Good job

Well done man ,? for the ones with the steering problems,did u guys shave the right bulkhead down an the hinge pin also. i did an i get 100% full throw real smooth.Jesse when u drive does it react the same or different when i had my mtx3 with steering as u basicly made,it couldnt dive in as close to the corners as my g4 like it says, it drives like it is on rails, i think teammagic did the rails for a reason.Agian good job
impalabob64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 12:05 AM   #1424
afm
Tech Master

Quote:

SEEMS IT IS A MOD DONE BY SOME ITALIAN DRIVER, BUT POSTED BY NICKO WHO WORKS FOR TM. DOES IT MEAN THAT IT WILL BE THE OFFICIAL MOD DONE AT THE FACTORY??? OR SOMETHING SIMILAR????
NICKO...WHERE ARE YOU....... GIVE US AN OFFICIAL WORD ON THIS ONE AND WHAT ARE THE PART NUMBERS AND WHEN CAN WE GET THIS MOD THROUGH REGULAR CHANNELS.
AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 05:20 AM   #1425
Tech Regular

The whole reason they put the steering on the rails was to try to fix the akerman idea. I think i'll live with mine the way it is. I have had no problems and i don't have any slop. I put some superglue in the part where you put those adjusters on the end of the steering rails when i first got it because i stripped out the screws and it hasn't budged since. I have no slop what so ever.

I don't think the weak link in this setup is the rail idea, i think its the built in servo saver. When you turn you put pressure on it and it causes the servo saver to apply pressure the wrong way. I think since i have my servo saver tightened down so fricken tight that it doesn't even work which does not allow the servo saver to "cock" itself in the wrong way. When i get my parts and drive it some more i'll let you guys know how it is working for me

Mike
budlightnmyhand is offline   Reply With Quote