Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 09:25 AM
Tech Rookie

I just don't like the tc3 because its associated,I like the shaft drive concept..its easy to work on,easy to drive,accelerates harder than any belt car..its a system of the future..
How exactly does a shaft accelerate better than ANY belt car? I have a Reflex with a Novarossi 5 port that out accelerates the two fastest NTC3 cars at my local track. And we are not talking about out of the box NTC3s either. These are top notch cars with all the best stuff. My Reflex drivetrain is bone stock, oem gearing and all.

I think making a blanket statement like a shaft car out accelerates a belt car is a bit of a stretch. The shaft has it's advantages, as does the belt car. They also have downfalls.
Old 07-23-2003, 12:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

How exactly does a shaft accelerate better than ANY belt car? I have a Reflex with a Novarossi 5 port that out accelerates the two fastest NTC3 cars at my local track. And we are not talking about out of the box NTC3s either. These are top notch cars with all the best stuff. My Reflex drivetrain is bone stock, oem gearing and all.

It's all about the driver
Old 07-23-2003, 12:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

the car is awsome.... ~~~!
Is the steering really more aggresive than MTX-3? I can't decide between these 2 cars that i want to get. How durable is the car? Thanks

Old 07-23-2003, 02:12 PM
Tech Rookie

It's all about the driver
Oh I agree 100%. The two car at my track who always seem to be the fastest use two totally different driving styles. One runs the car with almost no brakes (even though he has a diff in the nose) and the other does what I do. Run and Gun! I try to keep my momentum up in the corners but I use a fair amount of brakes and I overdrive the entry into most turns and use the throttle & brakes to get the tail end around and head to the next turn.
Old 07-23-2003, 03:01 PM

Smile

Originally posted by mrodney
that was going to be the next thing that I tried. I did wrap my servo in some inner tube rubber to see if it would act like a damper, because the servo touches the chasis, and I thought that some of the motor vibration may be affecting the servo.
Mark you need a Futaba to go w/new car.
Old 07-23-2003, 08:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default Are spacers needed for the front one-way

I am just now assembling my car and I'm at the part where I attached the front lower and upper arms. During this step is where you insert the dogbone.

However, There is no way this could be right. you turn the steering to one side and the dogbone falls out.

It looks like the outdrives on the one-way needs spacers or something to space them out a little further.

Anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?
Old 07-23-2003, 08:27 PM
TAW
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Get an MTX-3
Just kidding, this is the same problem I had with the MTX until I put the CVD's on.
Old 07-23-2003, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Add o-rings supplied in the kit into the outdrives front and rear. The addendum and parts were in a separate bag in my kit.
Old 07-23-2003, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

I'm using the Reflex universals in the front of my G4.

Brandon Hess
Old 07-23-2003, 11:25 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by THeGame
I'm using the Reflex universals in the front of my G4.
Cool

Brandon, how do you find the available gearing on the G4? I took a peak at it and found that their internal pulleys are exactly the same number of teeth as the V1RR or the Reflex NT in this case. However, the supplied pinions were pretty large. If I could remember correctly, the available 1st gear pinions are 19T, 20T and 21T and the 2nd gear pinion are 23T, 24T and 25T. Available spurs are 50T, 51T and 52T for the 1st gear and 46T, 47T and 48T for the 2nd gear.

With the available spurs and pinions, I don't think the car will be as punchy as say the V1RR/Reflex or the MTX-3 for that matter on a small technical track...
Old 07-23-2003, 11:38 PM
Tech Elite

Default InitialD

I think the car will be just as fast out of a conner as any other car but You might see some more smaller pinion gears coming out soon.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:44 PM
Tech Elite

Default rodneybarrett

there should be some Green O-rings that came in your kit in a separate bag put them in see if it still does it...
Old 07-24-2003, 12:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Cool

Brandon, how do you find the available gearing on the G4? I took a peak at it and found that their internal pulleys are exactly the same number of teeth as the V1RR or the Reflex NT in this case. However, the supplied pinions were pretty large. If I could remember correctly, the available 1st gear pinions are 19T, 20T and 21T and the 2nd gear pinion are 23T, 24T and 25T. Available spurs are 50T, 51T and 52T for the 1st gear and 46T, 47T and 48T for the 2nd gear.

With the available spurs and pinions, I don't think the car will be as punchy as say the V1RR/Reflex or the MTX-3 for that matter on a small technical track...
Smaller pitch ala the Mugen .08 module?
Old 07-24-2003, 12:37 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by kevink2
Smaller pitch ala the Mugen .08 module?
Are their gears 0.8 pitch? By their size, the gears sure look like they are...

I would not know if having 0.8 gear modules help in acceleration. I would think they provide for better transmission efficiency and smoother shifting of gears.

This is just what I have observed between a MTX-3 and a G4 coming out of the corners on the same tight track... My suspicion was correct that the highest internal drive ratio of the G4 is 6.91. I think the stock out of the box gearing gives an even lower internal drive ratio of 6.44 versus MTX-3's stock internal drive ratrio of 7.43

Perhaps like what Brandon mentioned, K factory would probably come out with smaller tooth optional pinions...
Old 07-24-2003, 06:13 AM
Tech Rookie

This is just what I have observed between a MTX-3 and a G4 coming out of the corners on the same tight track... My suspicion was correct that the highest internal drive ratio of the G4 is 6.91. I think the stock out of the box gearing gives an even lower internal drive ratio of 6.44 versus MTX-3's stock internal drive ratrio of 7.43
Can you fill me in on what the final drive ratio is on the NT1000 Reflex by chance? I switched motors from my Serpents to my Reflex, using the same clutch & pinions and the Reflex accelerates much harder with a loss of top end speed. I am 100% sure the reflex is geared higher (numerically speaking) but I am curious as to what the gearing is exactly.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.