R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-28-2004, 06:04 PM   #1261
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by budlightnmyhand
This sucks. I can't get these universal joints now for about 3 weeks. Doesn't anyone have these things in stock? Or will someone sell me one of there dog bones they dont' use anymore? I would like to start getting my car ready again. Racing starts pretty soon for me.

THanks,
Mike
Actually you can replace it with Kyosho's 55 mm dogbones.

It's pretty shocking to hear that in the US parts availability are very sucks not like here in South East Asia.
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 07:16 PM   #1262
Tech Addict

Quote:
I was just about to bid on your car on ebay haha. I am tired of the G4 Shit, No parts availible when you need them. At first i was not worried about getting parts right away. Well when you can't even get the damn parts at all that pisses me off. I"m half tempted just to get a new car and transfer my electonics and motor over.
Did you mean me I have a V one RR on ebay now. Anyway I love the V one RR I had two of them. Quit the hobby for a few years came back and bought a G4 and MTX-3. I was going to build the V one RR to an Evo. But I started thinking man I have three different cars (parts and stuff) nothing really swappable except a few parts from the G4 and V one RR. Then I saw another MTX-3 and I was screw it sell the V one RR. But I had no troubles with it. I converted the rear to the MTX-3 and made camber adjustments much easier. It has a Kyosho Active diff. Car is sweet brand new. So I'm going to have 2 MTX-3's, and one G4. I really like the G4 and want to keep it. Gotta feel some love from TM or it's next on ebay. I feel you on parts. It's a car that LHS in my area don't even carry. But think of it as a Ferrari there's not many around and parts are hard to get. I mean when I take my g4 to the track people are like "SICK". It handles just as good as the MTX-3. And I LOVE my MTX-3 (ohh sorry this is G4 thread). Anyways I hope we get this steering bullet proof. Then the G4 is all gravy

Last edited by Nitropimp; 04-28-2004 at 11:33 PM.
Nitropimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 07:16 PM   #1263
Tech Regular

where can i find the 55mm dogbones from kyosho? What part number would i be looking for??

Thanks,
Mike
budlightnmyhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 07:18 PM   #1264
Tech Regular

you should take the vone rr off ebay and sell it to me for 200
Old 04-28-2004, 07:40 PM   #1265
Tech Addict

It sounds tempting. I mean do you really want it? I was going to buy a Evo kit from AMGracer for like $75 shipped. So you'll be in it for $275. Then motor servo's etc... Here's my where my honesty comes in. The V one RR to get it dialed and with the Evo kit. You can buy a sweet MTX-3. Hands down it's a awesome car. Really easy car to setup. Man there's not much to setup. Out of the box it's nice. I mean the MTX-3 you not chasing setup race day. Tuning your engine and blam.... Your off. This is my plan I'm going to run sportsman 1/10 on road's with my two MTX-3's and my G4 is going to 1/10 Nitro Nascar Oval. The G4 Low CG eats up my track which has a banked oval. But really I'll sell it to you. But you really want an evo kit (laydown servo) and also the "RRR" is coming out (not much in changes except the fuel tank and rear bulkhead, rear hubs like the MTX-3).
Old 04-28-2004, 07:48 PM   #1266

Quote:
Originally posted by bballer
J FAST, where are you in Michigan?
I live in Grand Rapids.

By the way I ran my car today for about three hours and the steering fix worked great!! The ackerman change wasn't noticiable compared to the standard steering. I will take pictures tomorrow and post them. Jesse
J FAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 08:01 PM   #1267
Tech Addict

JFast- Great news!!!!! Thanks for stepping up to the plate.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:05 PM   #1268
Tech Regular

I guess i don't want it then, i want to buy a kit and put it together myself. Never got to do it. Sorry man. I guess i will just wait for my Universal Joints to come in. Untill then my G4 will be sitting on the table. This just sucks though.

Mike
Old 04-28-2004, 08:28 PM   #1269
Tech Addict

Buy and build an Evo kit..
Old 04-28-2004, 08:29 PM   #1270
Tech Addict

A G4 on that is.
Old 04-28-2004, 10:22 PM   #1271
Tech Regular

Budlightnmyhand

Dude, have some patience. I told you in an earlier post that it is a bad idea to order G4 parts from Trinity. Right now your best bet on parts in the USA is http://www.rcnutshobbies.com . Go to his site and email him. If he has the parts (most time he does) he will get them to you within five days.
Second choice is The Border or any other website in Hong Kong that has G4 parts. Trinity would be last on my list of places to order G4 parts from.

I was attempting to order some universals for the G4 last week and he was out. He might have them this week or next week though.

A car like the G4, it is best to order parts ahead of time if you know that it wears down or if you break a part more often than others. Some cars doesn't have the luxury of having LHS support. If you just gotta race every week or day. You should get a car that your LHS supports and has lots of parts for.

At my LHS, MTX-3 is the car of choice and he has lots of spare parts.

Here are a few links that carries G4 parts.

http://www.geocities.com/aggace/g4-page.html
Aggdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 11:29 PM   #1272
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default j fast

cant wait to see those pics! thanks again
brooklynrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 12:10 AM   #1273
Tech Initiate

Default Re: budlight

Quote:
Originally posted by brooklynrc
as for parts besides what you listen i suggest you get suspension arms, hub carriers, shock bodies. tm has nice case with all the springs, i seen it in powerline hobbies.

i run 30wt trinity oil all around with orange and blue srings. foam tires 42 in the front 40 in the rear.

PS THAT SALEEN BODY SUCKS, ITS HPI AND ITS VERY THIN. try to check out protoform bodies like stratus and alfa romeo those are my favorites.
Was wondering about springs, is their a k factory kit of asorted springs I can order or do theyhave to be ordered seperately? Regardless whih arethe best springs and shock oil to start with as well as diff oil?

Also aside from the saleen being light/fragile are there any major drawbacks handling wise? I am a major mustang fanatic and will will break my heart not to run this body!

Thanks!
Brightbluehaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 04:41 AM   #1274
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to RCNUT
Default brightblue

If you want a really nice mustang body check out the one on www.ptiracing.net.
RCNUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 05:28 AM   #1275
Tech Regular

I guess it just kinda sucks i had to wait 6 months to even drive my car since its been so crappy, then the car breaks. I don't know i'm just excited i got it running. This is my first Nitro R/C Car. Just a little dissapointed.

I think i might just get the dog bones and then use fuel line instead of those little green o rings to make them stay a little tighter in there untill i can get the universal joints. Can i find the universal joints for any other car that would fit mine??

Thanks,
Mike