R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-26-2004, 09:28 PM   #1201
Tech Addict

Aggdaddy- THAT MAZADA IS SICK! Car looks sweet.

Brooklyn- Forget the Trinity bag look at the TM Bag that RcNut has that's the best. Why don't you like the owner of Powerline? I don't know him just curious.

Nitromaniac- Start with stock setup. Buy the K factory rear shock tower. Also change the stock shock bladders with Mugen's or Ofna ones. It makes a huge difference. Do the Kmac special steering setup. And basically that's it. You might have to shave of the brake pad housing with a dremmel. Mine kept binding. What part of Cali (Northern, Southern)? Good luck
Nitropimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 09:46 PM   #1202
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

1. well few years back i got into lil argument with him at one of the local events.
2. hes 2 faced.

if u ever go to his store ull c that item have no prices on them. if he knows you you paying one price and if you just walked into the store its a different story.

i am g4 owner and i would rather order online than give him my $
brooklynrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 10:38 PM   #1203
Tech Regular

Hey thanks NitroPimp. I guess practice makes perfect right?

Here's some close up pics of my G4. Please excuse the dirty car. Normally I clean mine after the race, but I'm waiting to do that once I have my parts to install.

http://photos.yahoo.com/aggace

Just click on the G4 steering.
Aggdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 10:51 PM   #1204
Tech Addict

Just like those little camera shops that have NO Prices on anything. Just want to straight up robb you!! I feel ya!!

Aggdaddy- Your G4 Looks very nice!!
Old 04-27-2004, 12:25 AM   #1205
Tech Rookie

Post Nitropimp

Thanks for the advice. I live in Fairfield. What city are you in? would I just order the standard Mugen or Ofna bladders for their Touring car?
nitromaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 01:51 AM   #1206
Tech Addict

I live in Antioch. My track is Delta.
Old 04-27-2004, 01:52 AM   #1207
Tech Addict

Any 1/10 will work. Ofna or Mugen they're like $3 really cheap. But the ones that come with the kit sucks.b
Old 04-27-2004, 04:17 AM   #1208
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to RCNUT
Default brooklynrc

Please do not post price question in the thread, the thread is for the car not for items that are for sale. Please email me through my website www.rcnutshobbies.com for any parts or pricing on items.

Mike
RCNUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 05:07 AM   #1209
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Nitropimp

Brooklyn- Forget the Trinity bag look at the TM Bag that RcNut has that's the best. Why don't you like the owner of Powerline? I don't know him just curious.

Nitromaniac- Start with stock setup. Buy the K factory rear shock tower. Also change the stock shock bladders with Mugen's or Ofna ones. It makes a huge difference. Do the Kmac special steering setup. And basically that's it. You might have to shave of the brake pad housing with a dremmel. Mine kept binding. What part of Cali (Northern, Southern)? Good luck
I noticed some binding yesterday when back there. How do i tell if my brake pads are binding?? thanks,
Mike
budlightnmyhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 05:08 AM   #1210
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Nitropimp

I noticed some binding yesterday when back there. How do i tell if my brake pads are binding?? Also are you telling him to replace the shock bladders because they leak?? mine do? What shock bladders do i need to get ( part number please)
thanks,
Mike
Old 04-27-2004, 05:17 AM   #1211
Tech Regular

Default Foam or Rubber tires on ashphault

What tires do you guys recommend for driving on blacktop? I will be racing at hobbytown usa in strongsville ohio and they said they race in the parking lot out front. Well its blacktop and they said don't use foams you will just tear them up. I was told to buy some sorex rubber tires. Are those any good? Also can i put anything on these tires i have now (hpi belted x radials) to make them stick to the ground a little better?
Old 04-27-2004, 05:49 AM   #1212
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by budlightnmyhand
KMAC,
I see you made something for the front steering problem. How is that working out? Would you be willing to make me one i would pay for everything? I'm talking about how you drilled and machined those parts on page 35 of this thread. I do not have the skill or the machinery to do this. Thanks,
Mike
Schlitzinmymitts, I'm working on perfecting those bushings. Last weekend I took a pretty hard hit in the front that tweaked my steering rails and the steering bound up. Between heats I put the original servo saver back on and adjusted for it just to be safe for the rest of the day. I'll be working with the new piece over the next couple of weeks. I'll update everybody with results.

BTW, I also have a couple of alternate materials to make bushings out of to try.
KMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 05:56 AM   #1213
Tech Regular

I gots to thinking also, what if they made some kind of cover that covered up those rails so so much dirt and dust wouldn't get in there? I know you can't stop all the dust but at least this might help it from getting dirty really fast? Even if something just covered the front and the bottom a little better?

Mike
Old 04-27-2004, 06:04 AM   #1214
Tech Regular

Also what about using graphite stuff that comes in a bottle instead of using silicone spray or grease/oil on the rails??

Mike
Old 04-27-2004, 07:48 AM   #1215
Tech Regular

graphite works for some people, I prefer the liquid stuff.
Aggdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote