Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 09:09 AM
Tech Addict

Rc_Alan- By reading the post from the start I know what you have invested by time and money. And your not trying to flame the G4 but make it the great car that it is. Anyway have fun at the RCX and keep us posted.
Old 04-24-2004, 02:13 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Bradballz's IP Address is now banned. I just wonder how long it will be until the other person attatched to that IP address will e-mail me? [email protected]

Funny how we can find duplicate accounts so easily.

Old 04-24-2004, 02:50 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks a lot TSR6!!!!
Old 04-24-2004, 02:53 PM
Tech Addict

Let's talk G4's.
Old 04-24-2004, 03:48 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

bballer - no prob.

Hope I didn't hurt the person's feelings, making them use AOL to view RCTech. It only takes a second to pull the IP if I get an e-mail.
Old 04-24-2004, 04:37 PM

rc alan your right i will i will take the heat and just say it. the g4s steering is beyond sh$ty. I cant beleive TM can design such an awsome car with the most stupid steering . I love this car and will not stray but im going to fit a different steering set up def not rails. The first 8 to 10 tanks the car was fine a little short of full throw. I thought it was going to just be one of those areas that take a little attention. i kept it totally clean and checked for slop, used silicone to oil it but your right after about 15 tanks your servo saver is junk no matter what you do. im sure i could just stock up on servo savers but why should i have a box full of them that shouldnt be a reqired part for mantaining your car and u never know when it is giong to lock up. I couldnt even run my car today well i got about 2 min and it locked up messed with it all day with no luck i see how this can stress you right out my first race is may 1 and i cant even get through test and tune day! now im going to have to run my electric the first day because of it. anyway i think maybe the guys that havnt had problems might be running on bigger track where you dont need full throw or havent ran the car too much if wrong sorry just thinking of why some dont have a problem if i dont need much steering it works, shity but works. anyway i spent the day at the hobby shop looking for a way to change it i came up with an idea that i will be trying so i will be puting it together when i get back from out of town and ill let ya all know how it goes it should be easy to do bell crank system.

Jesse
Old 04-24-2004, 05:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Anybody know if the Kfactory ntc3 pinions fit on the g4 centax? Hobby shop has the 25t, and it looks like the same, but I just wanted to make sure before I got stuck with it...
Old 04-24-2004, 06:30 PM
Tech Regular

J FAST - Sounds good.

btw, The racer i talked to that said they had done a steering fix hasn't responded to my email yet, Im hoping he hasn't forgotten

bballer
Old 04-24-2004, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default steering

hey guys i hve been a racer 4 about 5yrs i had every car or truck that has been out the g4 is the best i hve driven in awhile i hve own the g4 pro e-class for about 4mos an i race here in fla.we race here every friday night.an i hve not had any problems with my steering at all. i won the B-main an bumped up to the a got 5th My Rody rbx12 put me there with my G4 out running mtx3 an 710.fastest lap 14.05.i am the only person at the track with a g4.this car is fast .
Old 04-24-2004, 09:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

impalabob64... That sound's great... Guys, just got back from RCX in Anaheim Cali... Guess what? I ran into the CEO of Trinity... He handed me his business card after our little chat... I asked another person there who that was and they said that's the CEO of Trinity... When I asked, during our chat, He said that Trinity is not supporting the G4 anymore and that there drivers are free to driver what ever car they want for the moment... Trinity, sorry for all the comments in my earlier posts... Funny thing.. I know a few people that post here knew of what was going on,but instead of sharing this important info, they thought of no one but themselves... I won't flame anyone... Back to the RCX Expo, I asked him about the steering issue's with the G4... The guy was very nice and during our conversation, he said that Trinity wanted more input into the cars design, but TM wanted more control. Trinity and there drivers were aware of the steering issue's with the car... Is there a fix for the problem?? No... Some team drivers have gone back to the Reflex while others are driving whatever... I also found out that the new US. dist. of the G4 is a company called Powerline... Nicko from TM is only a sell's rep... Strange, he only posts when there is a fire storm... Not flaming... I know he's just doing what Sell's people do... There's more stuff then that, but that's the just of it... Now, is the G4 a bad car now??? No... but as far as support for the car... Your guess is as good as mine... TM and Powerline is our only outlet for support and warrenty issue's... I'm going to stay with the car until the new Yokomo come's out... No need to jump ship when everything else out there is old news... Oh, just for info... OFNA has another new car coming out... It's the clone of the Kyosho FW05... Well, that's it... There's more, but I'll leave well enough alone.... Remember, I'm not telling anyone to jump ship or sell there cars... Over all the G4 is not a bad car at all... If you like it, keep driviing it.... Are there better choices out there??? Maybe... But I would wait a couple months before I change cars...

RC_Alan
Old 04-24-2004, 09:58 PM
Tech Addict

Guys, just got back from RCX in Anaheim Cali... Guess what? I ran into the CEO of Trinity... He handed me his business card after our little chat... I asked another person there who that was and they said that's the CEO of Trinity... When I asked, during our chat, He said that Trinity is not supporting the G4 anymore and that there drivers are free to driver what ever car they want for the moment... Trinity, sorry for all the comments in my earlier posts... Funny thing.. I know a few people that post here knew of what was going on,but instead of sharing this important info, they thought of no one but themselves... I won't flame anyone... Back to the RCX Expo, I asked him about the steering issue's with the G4... The guy was very nice and during our conversation, he said that Trinity wanted more input into the cars design, but TM wanted more control. Trinity and there drivers were aware of the steering issue's with the car... Is there a fix for the problem?? No... Some team drivers have gone back to the Reflex while others are driving whatever... I also found out that the new US. dist. of the G4 is a company called Powerline... Nicko from TM is only a sell's rep... Strange, he only posts when there is a fire storm... Not flaming... I know he's just doing what Sell's people do... There's more stuff then that, but that's the just of it... Now, is the G4 a bad car now??? No... but as far as support for the car... Your guess is as good as mine... TM and Powerline is our only outlet for support and warrenty issue's... I'm going to stay with the car until the new Yokomo come's out... No need to jump ship when everything else out there is old news... Oh, just for info... OFNA has another new car coming out... It's the clone of the Kyosho FW05... Well, that's it... There's more, but I'll leave well enough alone.... Remember, I'm not telling anyone to jump ship or sell there cars... Over all the G4 is not a bad car at all... If you like it, keep driviing it.... Are there better choices out there??? Maybe... But I would wait a couple months before I change cars...

RC_Alan- thanks for the update. On the Yokomo did they have their NEW car out?? If you could post about it on the Yokomo thread or start a new thread that would be really cool.
Old 04-24-2004, 11:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

No luck... I didn't see Yokomo nor Mugen there.... Although I wasn't trying to see everyone, I did see Serpent,GS, Traxxas and there new Monster Truck, Team Associated, HPI, Cen, ect... The only company that had anything new was OFNA.... And both there new cars won't be out until late summer/Christmas at best...
Old 04-25-2004, 05:12 AM
Tech Regular

I lost a dog bone yesterday and busted the rear shock tower thing. I guess this G4 is shitty. I haven't had a problem with steering or anything else yet.

Just wondering where i can order cv joints instead of using dog bones and where i can get a Carbon Fiber or Aluminum Shock mount with longer rear body post?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 04-25-2004, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default RC _alan

Thanks for the update, you got more info that I get. I was at Trinity last week and my salesperson told me she was not sure what was going on with TM. I was the one that told them that powerline was now a distributor too. I did know that TM crossed the line but did not know why, and I was told that TRinity does not like when people step on their shoes. As of now I guess Trinity no longer has a nitro Tourer. I bought the last 4 reflex nts they had left last month. When I asked about it, they said they will find a new nitro to support. I have spoken to the owner of powerline and we have our realtionship sorted out. I will still be carrying the g4 and parts but the support may not be there at all. I do not think powerline has the resources to do any research or corrections on the g4 or any other car, they appear to be a straight forward distributor and only a distributor. I apologize to everyone for not knowing all the details on the Trinity/Team Magic saga but remember I am only a dealer and companies don't always tell their customers everything. I will try and get some information on the new Yokomo since I am also a yokomo dealer and deal with them directly also.
Old 04-25-2004, 05:46 AM
Tech Regular

http://shop.the-border.nl/customer/p...cat=403&page=1 Does anyone know where i can buy these??

Thanks,
Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.