R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-19-2004, 07:50 PM   #1006
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by bballer
Just wanted to give a fellow member some love (no, im not gay), and now seemed like a good time.
Man.. that`s funny. Yes, most of G4 users end up with steering problem.. you may not feel it now.. but you will later. Just for your info, I`m also selling the car and been using it till now. I just prefer to play with my other toy more often.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 08:02 PM   #1007
Tech Addict

Man everyone's selling there G4's

NickKo- How are you absorbing this??? I mean you guys gotta be thinking about this. I'm serious instead of evo you guys should have focus more on the steering problem. I'm not trying to flame. But you guys are going to loose some really good customers. I mean we're all in this sport to have a good time and try to be competitive. But if our cars can't make it... Really what's the use. I mean I know the G4 is winning races overseas but but that's because TM has way mooooore support over there. Come on TM help with this steering problem before it's to late.....
Nitropimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 08:12 PM   #1008
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by KMac
Exact same spot every time and it's got me madder than he!!. I can't figure it out, it always starts right back up but I can't continue on this way.
I had the same problem pitting for a friend's Mugen. After the ordeal, guess who got exhausted from it all ! Turned out his pressure tube from the pipe to the tank got severed. I would check that out first. Perhaps it's also a bad fuel tank leaking.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 08:21 PM   #1009
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyramid
[BJust for your info, I`m also selling the car and been using it till now. I just prefer to play with my other toy more often. [/B]
Nitropimp... dont get it wrong, I`m not selling the car that I used until know, but I am selling the car as distributing the car here in Indonesia. I just prefer to play with my other toy.. but in case the setting is not maximum or there are heavy rivals, then the G4 is out.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 08:27 PM   #1010
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default G4 steering

RC alan you have PM
lastresort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 04:29 AM   #1011
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to nickko

Really thank you guys for supporting the G4.

For the moment, we are making something new for the G4 owner. Of course, we will offer other steering system for you to choose. We are sorry that we didn't do this earlier.

We shouldn't insist that the sliding steering is the key of G4's performance.

Now, we are testing & find out even with other steering system G4 is still good enough to beat other cars.

Again, it's our fault that we didn't offer more choices to proud G4 owners.
nickko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 05:44 AM   #1012
Tech Regular

What kind of timeline is the new steering on. (When can we expect to be able to order it?)
KMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 09:24 AM   #1013
Tech Regular

Wow nickko, that would be great. Are you far enough along in the process where you are determining pricing yet? or is it too early
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 09:47 AM   #1014
Tech Addict

Rc_Alan- Don't throw the flag in yet my friend It looks like TM is going to help.

NickKo- Thanks that's great...
Nitropimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 10:06 AM   #1015
Tech Regular

RC_Alan, other than the steering issues, which are livable if you know how to adjust it properly, I've had absolutely no other problems with my G4. I've literally abused this thing and have only replace a steering knuckle, which was all my fault that it broke to begin with. I just can't see losing the money you're going to lose on your stuff, especially when few other cars can even touch the G4 (in equal hands).

I'm afraid you will find there are issues with every car that are annoying but I don't know of a perfect car; there's always going to be a weakest link.
KMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 10:23 AM   #1016
Tech Regular

Hey, can anybody post all of the ongoing issues of the other top touring 1/10 cars. Just so that we can see how our G4 compares.

I know alot of people are having trouble with the S710 front shock shafts. The G4 has a little steering problem.

TEAM MAGIC G4 = steering rack binds .. mostly maintenance heavy
Serpent 710 = front shock shafts are prone to breaking in a
minor frontal crash.
Mugen MTX-3 ?
HPI R40 ?
Team Associated NTC3 ?
Yokomo GT-4 ?
Aggdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 11:33 AM   #1017
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Tommy Bergfeldt

What i've seen on the TC3s (a friend to me ran it, he has now bought a 710) is that the drivetrain can't take the abuse of a high performance .12 engine. He has probably broken 3-5 input pulleys to the diffs. Not a small peg that's chipped off but totally cleaned pulley, one pulley looked like it's never been a pulley but just a cone..
Tommy Bergfeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 01:51 PM   #1018
Tech Master

I used the Nitro TC3, before buying the G4 recently. The major problem with the TC3 is the diff case design and composition. The plastic is very weak and starts to have some play, after just a few races. The cases hold the shock towers and camber links, so your entire geometry starts to go. Also, it's very time consuming to work on / clean the Centax clutch.
Dbackmasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 02:06 PM   #1019
Tech Initiate

Hey Guy's

I'm new to the site, and have just re-entered the hobby after a ten year hiatus. I am in the process of building my new G4 Pro E-class, that I bought after a lot of research, and deliberation. I hope I have made the right decision, it came down to the G4, and the 710, G4 won because it was different, I don't like being one of those guys that has the same thing as everyone else. Still trying to decide on motor, servo's, and receiver, but I'm starting to think I would be better off getting rid of it, I am not looking forward to all the headaches that seem to be associated with this car, on top of a lack of support from the manufacturer. Am I over reacting, will the car be able to lay the smack down on my buddies Serpents, or am I just in for one bumpy, unhappy road? Hmmmmmmm.
Speedy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 02:06 PM   #1020
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Aggdaddy
Hey, can anybody post all of the ongoing issues of the other top touring 1/10 cars. Just so that we can see how our G4 compares.

I know alot of people are having trouble with the S710 front shock shafts. The G4 has a little steering problem.

TEAM MAGIC G4 = steering rack binds .. mostly maintenance heavy
Serpent 710 = front shock shafts are prone to breaking in a
minor frontal crash.
Mugen MTX-3 ?
HPI R40 ?
Team Associated NTC3 ?
Yokomo GT-4 ?
I cant seem to find any major flaws with the MTX-3, except the stock front dogbones are a bit too short, so they tend to fall out if not spaced properly. After spacing, they worked perfectly fine. But because of this, many people turned to universals.
B is offline   Reply With Quote