R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-03-2004, 12:35 PM   #691
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to RCNUT
Default update

Hey all I do have the tm adjustable inline pipe. I just had 10 made available to me. They are $60 shipped in the us. Email me at [email protected] if interested.
RCNUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 12:35 PM   #692
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to RCNUT
Default update

Hey all I do have the tm adjustable inline pipe. I just had 10 made available to me. They are $60 shipped in the us. Email me at [email protected] if interested.
RCNUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 08:59 PM   #693
Tech Fanatic

Jspecrcr... Long time no hear from... What did you do with that CEN car??? The once legendary CEN driver... lol Totally off topic.. A friend of mine said that you were selling a Serpent for $%$...lol And you didn't let me know... Let me know when you're going to be back at Revelation Raceway... So nice to be in SoCal... Should be dry and 70 plus this weekend... Ultimate Hobbies... Sad... They should do better with there G4 customers... Overall though a good hobby shop... Sometimes.. They just won't order any new parts... Trying some new things with my setup... Overall though, the G4 is pretty solid and I'm seeing more peeps with the car as well...
RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 03:45 AM   #694
Tech Fanatic

Sorry Guys for the last post... Should have been sent PM... Anyone tried the optional pulley setup from K-factory yet??? It also requires a smaller side belt... Post back if you have. Also, what gains did you see???

RC_Alan
Old 03-05-2004, 12:53 PM   #695
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I will be buying this kit soon for the upcoming summer racing. I got a great deal on a scratch and dent modle. It will be the racer version. Are there any essential upgrade I need to do, besides aluminum wheel hexes?

I was also wondering what engines most of you are running. I was thinking about trying a Fantom this time around. I really don't want to spend 200 on a engine.
Scrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 04:08 PM   #696
Tech Fanatic

You can still get a Mugen MR12 or Novarossi NS1 for about $150.00... The Mugen motor puts out about 1.4hp's... If you want to just race and not be serious about winning... Get the MR-12 and have fun... Now if you're racing to win... You'll have to put out over $200.00. All the top drivers have NS3's, NovaMega's, Mugen-X12, Sirio's or Rossi's... Then some will have there motors Modified for even more power... Anyways... As for the first upgrade you should do... Get the Alum/carbon fiber rear shock tower... Use a high end radio and micro 3ch. receiver. Digital high speed steering servo's and during your build, get some after market shock bladders for about $3.00 from OFNA.. Take your time building the car and when you're done, put it on a setup station and dial in the car.

RC_Alan
Old 03-05-2004, 10:54 PM   #697

Finished my G4 pro. Dang this is an awsome car them guys at TM really now how to build a race car. I cant wait to run it. I have one question when front arms are about level or little below the steering rack seems a little to tight when they are a little over level it is nice and free is there a way to adjust this or is that fine how it is also are you using the dust rings and oiling them or run it dry? thanks much Jesse
J FAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 06:53 AM   #698
Tech Addict

Default pulley

Quote:
Originally posted by rc_alan
Sorry Guys for the last post... Should have been sent PM... Anyone tried the optional pulley setup from K-factory yet??? It also requires a smaller side belt... Post back if you have. Also, what gains did you see???

RC_Alan
we will try it next week let know

3Racing-Ride-BRP-Team Orion-XRAY-HUDY-Serpent-Kyosho-Lrp-Speed Passion-MR33-JG-and many more
border r/c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 10:30 PM   #699

Default optional pully set

is the pully set to create an overdrive like the kit the mugen guys are using thanks
Jesse
J FAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 02:16 AM   #700
Tech Fanatic

Yes...
Old 03-07-2004, 09:14 AM   #701
Tech Adept

Default carbon rear shock tower

The alloy mount is included with the carbon rear tower.
Broke the carbon rear shock tower....do anyone know does the carbon tower available by itself? If so, please reply with part number.

Border-RC. you have pm
xtreme888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 11:07 AM   #702
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Re: carbon rear shock tower

Quote:
Originally posted by xtreme888
The alloy mount is included with the carbon rear tower.
Broke the carbon rear shock tower....do anyone know does the carbon tower available by itself? If so, please reply with part number.

Border-RC. you have pm
3Racing offers a replacement tower for their tower/bulkhead piece. Not sure if that tower will fit the K Factory one?

http://www.3racing.com.hk/3racing/op...agic&carkit=G4
J_Longbrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 02:55 PM   #703
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to SalvadoriRacing Send a message via Skype™ to SalvadoriRacing

the only thing i have to mention is that there is no good hop up for the trinity g4......

all accessories are useful to you get a good look to your car and not anything else......

the car works great full original, the only part i would change is the damper diaphagm which is a trash, the mugen one is tooooooooo better than this.....

O.S. Engines - KM RACING - CONTACT TYRES - SAVOX - LRP - ARC | Blitz | Titan
SalvadoriRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 06:22 PM   #704
Tech Fanatic

??? SalvadoriRacing... The G4 is good bone stock, but there are a few hop-ups that are good to have.. Former Trinity Team Driver Josh Cyrul had the Alum/Graphite rear shock tower on his car. After going through 3 rear shock towers.. All cracking in the same place, I bought the hop-up and haven't and a problem since... Some hop-up are eye candy for some, and must have for others... 3-racing and K-factory hop-up chassis are also a good hop-up as is the K-factory 75cc fuel tank... So you see, there are hop-ups that are a must have... Oh, one last one... The K-factory steering servo saver is better then stock... The G4 is good stock, but can be made better/bullet proof with a few hop-ups.. Just my .02

RC_Alan
Old 03-07-2004, 06:47 PM   #705
Tech Regular

rc_alan,

do you have the k factory 75 cc fuel tank......and if so did you have a slight interference between the chassis plate and the lower rear section of the tank. I had to dremel a bevel on the chassis where the rear of the fuel tank sits. If not, the sharp edge on the chassis will start cutting into the tank.

Had my G4 out this weekend. Last weekend I had huge amounts of oversteer and found I had way too much rear droop. Having corrected that I then had a push when neutral on throttle. Spent today getting my steering back. Car is perfect now.

This car is on rails and many others have noticed in the last couple of weekends (we've got a lot of people out running on the weekends right now as the weather has finally cooperated). I've gotten a lot of questions about the car; sadly, nobody even knows what a G4 is!!!!

They're about to find out!
KMac is offline   Reply With Quote