R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-29-2004, 09:44 PM   #661
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to impalabob64
Default state race coming up in lakeland fla.

i hve a reflex nt which i stripped down i took the cvds both frt n rear an put them in my g4 pro they work perfect. hey rc alan i picked up a murnanmodifed siro 12 .man the car is insanly fast.i need info.on a good spring an shock setup. when got the g4pro it came with yellow in frt. an light green in rear.the track has a 160 ft back straight away will the 20/51-24/47 gear ratio work for this track.this track is a fast track. my driving style is real aggressive. i like to dive into the corners. an come out really fast.i going to use a frt oneway. an i hvea negative diff off my reflex will this work an will this help the car move faster.an will it work well with the oneway.an what weight shock oil.
impalabob64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 08:47 AM   #662
Tech Adept

RC_Alan,Nickko & AFM,

Hi Guys,

Bulllet proofed the steering system by making thing 90 degree to each another as suggusted via KMAC post ( used serpent ball joints coz it was Sunday morning at the track !!!!). Adjusted steering rails as instructed by Nickko................it survived the whole day even after several hits by 1/5th ( wasn`t a race meeting !!!)

thanks
xtreme888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 09:02 AM   #663
Tech Adept

Impalabob64....

As stated by RC_Alan....get the TM 7 mm outlaw pipe/manifold set.
I am using this with a RR12l5 geared with 20/52 and 24/46....this combination will out accelerate and pass any 1/10th in my local club. Plus i can out accelerate 1/8th, or keep up with them, but only lose out on the last 10m of the straight...kisss the 1/8th goodbye into and out of corners !!!!

P.S This car rock !!!! Serpent 710 and mugen MTX with NSR 5 ports don`t stand a chance.....got to be the pipe as suggusted by RC_Alan

Xtreme888
xtreme888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 09:19 AM   #664
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by xtreme888
RC_Alan,Nickko & AFM,

Hi Guys,

Bulllet proofed the steering system by making thing 90 degree to each another as suggusted via KMAC post ( used serpent ball joints coz it was Sunday morning at the track !!!!). Adjusted steering rails as instructed by Nickko................it survived the whole day even after several hits by 1/5th ( wasn`t a race meeting !!!)

thanks

I rest my case.

I spent all weekend running and tuning on my G4. The ONLY problem I had (and I whacked the boards pretty often and pretty hard ) is a busted turnbuckle on the right rear. I would recommend replacing the 4x20mm ALUMINUM turnbuckle with a steel or titanium one. Never had a problem out of the steering other than I left one of the servo mounting screws a little loose and it worked it's way even more loose (into the boards again we go )

Tip for the Day: A little bit of rear droop adjustment on this car makes a HUGE difference in getting the rearend to hook up. I went from no rear traction at all and lots of oversteer through corners to being fully hooked up and severely understeering with only a 2 mm change of rear droop!
KMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 10:54 AM   #665
Tech Addict

Default Team Magic Car Carrier!!

Border R/C- Do you have any of the TM Car Carriers???? And how does the currency exchange work???

RCNut-Do you carry the TM Tuned Pipe?

Rc_Alan- The bladder mod is like night and day.....thanks!!!

Nickko- Did TM have a G4 in the PreWorlds???

Nitropimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 11:24 AM   #666
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to RCNUT
Default Nitropimo

I am working with Nick at Team Magic to try and set something up. I don't think trinity carries that pipe, only their inline pipe.
RCNUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 11:38 AM   #667
Tech Addict

RCNut- Thanks it would be nice to have some TM stuff here in the States... You'll have my support.
Old 03-01-2004, 11:41 AM   #668
Tech Addict

Default TM products

yes we have all parts in stock we use the Euro for currency
for the the in-line pipe see part nr 101657po look in search its the same as Trinity pipe
notice that the Carry bag weights 5,2 KG so shipping is .......
but its real cool and very good were getting also the spare carton boxes for it soon
New shipment of the New TM products is coming next week New chasis plate and lots more

3Racing-Ride-BRP-Team Orion-XRAY-HUDY-Serpent-Kyosho-Lrp-Speed Passion-MR33-JG-and many more
border r/c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 11:51 AM   #669
Tech Addict

Default Nicest pipe ever

we have the nicest pipe ever HARD 2503
http://shop.the-border.nl/customer/s...3&in_category=

Long lasting quality and super performance see details
for outlaw version see 2504 coming in next week

3Racing-Ride-BRP-Team Orion-XRAY-HUDY-Serpent-Kyosho-Lrp-Speed Passion-MR33-JG-and many more
border r/c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 11:51 AM   #670
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to RCNUT
Default parts

Nitropimp- I am trying to convince Nick from Team Magic, that it would be a good thing to make me a dealer/distributor. I have sold over 20 of these kits since October and it is the slow season in the north east.

If the pipe is the same as the trinity pipe, then I have a few in stock and can get more easily.
RCNUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 01:03 PM   #671
Tech Regular

I had the trinity pipe on my Sirio .12 5-port and switched to the new RDLogics pipe. My nod goes to the RDLogics. The difference I've seen in low end was astonishing.
KMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 02:32 PM   #672
Tech Addict

NickKo- Is the Trinity pipe same as the TM pipe????

Rc_Alan-Do you know if the Trinity pipe is the same??

thanks
Old 03-01-2004, 11:21 PM   #673
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to nickko

Below is the thread of TM Touring Car Bag:

http://www.teammagic.com.tw/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=34

If you need the TM touring car bag, please check the following link.

http://store.racers-edge.com/catalog...ntId=67&id=512

Try H.A.R.D. pipes, you will find it's the best.
nickko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 12:40 AM   #674
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to Nemo racing

hi guys:

Do anyone try using a 3racing 13mm diameter header in combination of rd logic outlaw two piece pipe, it will help on both top end and bottom end!!
Old 03-02-2004, 01:45 AM   #675
Tech Fanatic

Nitropimp... The Trinity pipe is not the same and the TM pipe. The Trinity pipe is good and it's on the same level as a Novarossi or Sirio pipe... The RD Logics pipe is cheaper in cost and construction.. If you have limited funds.... Don't waste your money on the RD logics pipe... Get the TM pipe or the HARD 2504 from The bordor RC or RC-mart.com
If your LHS carries them, get one quick cause they are hard to find and the power they help produce is light years better then RD logics or Trinity ect. They cost alittle more, but they're well worth it. Shorter pipes helps on the Top end and longer pipes helps no the bottom end... The Rossi Pixy line on motors are better with the TM pipe because it's of a more bottom end motor and still has good High RPM's... The Sirio and Novarossi line of motors likes a shorter pipe... Just some extra info.... Don't know what motor you have running.. The TM pipe is adjustable... Also, if you're looking for more speed... Do a gear change.... Although stock gear is pretty rock solid.... Going from the 47 tooth second gear to 46 will take you from 57mph top speed as was confirmed in RC-driver mag Jan-2004 page 109... To alittle over 60 with the gear change... Also remember, you have to have a Top end motor that can make some serious RPM's... You tipical OS. motor just won't do... Any top end Novarossi..NS3 or the black Rossi Pixy will do fine... Oh, Mugen has a nice motor as does the NovaMega and Sirio line of motors as well.. Do those changes first and then if you need a little quicker take off... Adjust your Centex clutch... There's more that can be done... But for the most part... Stock is fine for most... 57mph and quick out of the hole... For a little more top end, a gear change for all of $7.00 will take you over 60...

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote