R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-27-2004, 02:52 AM   #631
Tech Addict

Default drivers

just wait and see whats goining to happen this year with drivers we know we go to EC in Europe this year.
with a New team driver
its always takes a little time for a New brand and car to settle but like you know the product is very good.

were already busy with this elite car for 8 months and we love it !!
we know just people like you all love it too

the only problem here is the weather
as soon its better were back on the track
thanks Alan

3Racing-Ride-BRP-Team Orion-XRAY-HUDY-Serpent-Kyosho-Lrp-Speed Passion-MR33-JG-and many more
border r/c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 03:05 AM   #632
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by rc_alan
Prozak... The G4 was Trinity's replacement for the Reflex... The G4 is there new Team car. Yes, you can still find parts for the Reflex and some store still carry kits... but the Reflex is dead in the water... Don't get me wrong, the Reflex is a very nice car also, it's just that Josh Cyrul, Mike Dumas and Team Magic put alot of time and effort into the G4.... The G4 Won In Rome, Italy last November... http://www.teammagic.com.tw/news.php...n=show&nid=131
and is doing well where ever the car is raced. More factory and team driver need to post here and other forum sites. Trinity should have there electric 1/10 drivers out here in SoCal run the car at the local tracks like Revelation Raceway..Sept03 ROAR Nationals, KZ RC raceway and Crystal Park RC raceway... I hate to jump on Trinity and I'm really trying not to flame them or anyone... It's just that everyone here that has the car, loves the car... Word of mouth helps... Winning races is better and seeing Trinity's people with the car and local RC tracks is even better... I see Barry Baker with with NTC3 and TC3 at the local tracks all the time and the guy is Great!!! Very helpful to everyone... Mugen Team driver Robbie Collins is the same way and you know what??? There products are selling like hotcakes.. TM and Trinity, you have a winning with the G4... All you have to do now is go out and promote it... I see Trinity drivers all day at SoCal RC Electric raceway in Orange county Cali, but never see not one of them drive the G4 at any of the local nitro RC raceways... Funny thing, the Guys I see driving the car are driving alot better with the G4 then with there old cars, I myself included... I can go on and on... It's late... I just had to get that off my Chest... The Bordor RC... Thanks!!! I got my shipment

RC_Alan
Ok I was told that the Reflex and G4 were going to coexist with one another. I'm in SoCal too, and the only shop that carries Trinity kits is like 35 minutes away. Not a horrible drive, but it could be better. Foreign brands it seems just aren't that well supported here in the states. It's a shame there aren't more companies that give the support that HPI gives. These guys at the hobby shop always like joking around saying you could get HPI parts at sav-on.
Prozak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 07:43 AM   #633
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to nickko

Could you guys suggest any shops in Socal area?
nickko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 08:31 AM   #634
Tech Fanatic

Nickko... You can try Speedshop hobbies in Torrance California. www.speedshoprc.com Phone number is 310-4650401 Mgr name is Mario. You can also try HobbyWarehouse in Lakewood California. www.hobbywarehouse.us There is a great little shop in Covina California called Elite hobbies. They sell every thing but the G4.... Ultimate Hobbies in Orange California sells the G4 and some parts... The problem with them is they refuse to re-order parts... They haven't reordered any parts since November of 2003... www.ultimatehobbies.com Phone number is 714-921-0424. They are still selling the old fuel tank for $30.00 US. dollars. I had to order the K-factory updated one online from the Bordor RC and they're in Europe... What they have stock is it... Once they're gone... They're gone... Speedtechrc is a great mail order shop in Walnut California. www.speedtechrc.com Phone number is 909-869-9443. The issue with most of these shops is that they don't carry anything Trinity other than Novorossi Motors... You always have Hobby people, which does sell Trinity product but does not or will not sell the G4 nor the Reflex... www.hobbypeople.net And there is Tower hobbies. www.Towerhobbies.com These all local RC shops that can really move the G4 out here in SoCal and all of them sell online... I believe some of there Dist. is done by Great planes... Not sure if Great planes and Trinity do business with each other?? There you go.

PS. Does anyone know if GPM sell online direct??? They have alot of G4 parts as well as a great looking Chassis... RC-Mart sells GPM parts but only like 18 items and most are not worth getting over K-factory and TM parts... Just wondering???

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 09:15 AM   #635
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to RCNUT
Default Rc-alan

As for my experience with the GPM parts, don't waste your money, they are not good quality which is why they are cheaper than most other brands.
RCNUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 11:06 AM   #636
Tech Addict

NickKo- Has the G4 been adveritsed in the any of the US RC Mags (Ie, Nitro, Xtreme RC, RC Car Action etc)? I read in one of the post that the car had a write up do you know which mag? Get this out there to the mags and have those guys field test the car. So far I haven't seen any promo's from Trinity to advertise the car. I know for a small company that advertising doesn't get much in the budget. But at least send each mag a car to field test.. Just my 2 cents.

RcNUt- how long is the sale going to go on for the G4 kits???

Rc_Alan- If it wasn't for your posts on this forum I wouldn't have bought a G4. Thanks to all you guys for your help!!!
Nitropimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 11:19 AM   #637
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to RCNUT
Default Nitropimp

I will keep the sale up through the weekend and maybe next week.

As far as a review, the car was tested in rcnitro I beleive in the Dec 2003 issue and did get a good review.
RCNUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 11:29 AM   #638

I know i will promote a few sells after i kick some butt at my local club with my NEW G4 i cant wait i have one more day until it arives also thanks to all you guys for your help this is one of the nicer helpful threads i have been on.
Jesse
J FAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 01:05 PM   #639
Tech Regular

if you can find the December issue of RC Driver, you will find an article about the G4.
Aggdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 04:02 PM   #640
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

does anyone know what parts from this car are interchangeable with the kyosho V one RR?

thanks
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 04:31 PM   #641
Tech Addict

Default g4 vs v-one

all pulley's rear axle solid ore diff universal and a couple more items

3Racing-Ride-BRP-Team Orion-XRAY-HUDY-Serpent-Kyosho-Lrp-Speed Passion-MR33-JG-and many more
border r/c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 05:57 PM   #642
Tech Adept

Default Steering conversion

Hiya out there...

The car E class is excellent when combined with a RR12l5 and a TM 7.0mm !!!!

A big problem with the sevo saver....broke the original servo saver, hence brought an alloy version......the servo saver (plastic part) at the top (ball link connecting to the servo ) snapped.

Do anyone know if there is an alloy version of the top half, or some conversion to convert the steering into a mugen MRX3 style or any other manufactures.

Thanks

xtreme888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 07:07 PM   #643
afm
Tech Master

Default Re: Steering conversion

Quote:
Originally posted by xtreme888
Hiya out there......
The car E class is excellent......................... A big problem with the servo saver....broke the original servo saver......the servo saver (plastic part) at the top (ball link connecting to the servo ) snapped.

Does anyone know if there is an alloy version of the top half, or some conversion to convert the steering into a mugen MRX3 style or any other manufactures.

Thanks

I second your request. That issue is the one keeping me back from buying a G4. I've seen to many problems with the G4's steering system. Somebody should design and sell a conversion kit to standard Kyosho, Mugen or Serpent style, then the car would be perfect.
AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 07:15 PM   #644
Tech Regular

Don't let that keep you from buying it. The biggest problem with the steering is how people set them up. They HAVE to be tight to work properly and you have to have a good strong servo.
KMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 07:40 PM   #645
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to nickko

The sliding steering system is part of the reason why the G4 is so easy to drive.

To make the steering system perfect, please check the following thread.

http://www.teammagic.com.tw/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=220
nickko is offline   Reply With Quote