Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 04:59 PM
Tech Regular

Not if you have the pro version.

Obviously, you need to make sure you've got the 75 cc tank.

If you do have problems with the steering rack slider, though, as others have, get the k factory aluminum replacement.

You may also want to get the k factory low friction belts, you won't regret it.

Basically, this car is ready to rock right out of the box.
Old 02-21-2004, 05:03 PM

Default KMAC

thanks alot ill make sure to do so. I cant wait for nitro season!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-21-2004, 05:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

If your kit includes the new fuel tank... Great. The must have hop-ups to get is the rear Alum/graphite shock tower, The K-factory chassis, and when it's released, the updated k-factory steering servo saver. Other then that, it's all good. Oh, during your build of the car, get some after market shock bladders, cost all of $3.00 by OFNA. One last thing... If anyone can get there hands on the Team Magic tune pipe... Get one. The pipe is the best I've used and seen. Novarossi, RD Logics, RB's, Yokomo... Can't touch the pipe in adding power to your .12 motor and sound that it emits is just music to the ears!!!! Both my Rossi Pixy and Mugen MR12 screams with the pipe on it... I really can't tell you why, it just does. I pulled on a new Mugen X12 with my Rossi at a local track the guy asked me what am I running... I told him a Pixy with TM pipe and he said what's that??? I just and kept smoking him around the track.. My driving skills are ok, but the pipe adds power on the in field due to it's length and is super on the top end as well... My performence tip for the day.

RC_Alan

Last edited by rc_alan; 02-21-2004 at 05:53 PM.
Old 02-21-2004, 06:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Strange... I can't find any posts on the G4 on Trinity's web-forum... I know I posted there a few times... All my links there are invalid and no post of the G4 can be found doing a search on the forum... I guess all is not well between Trinity and Team Magic... I could be wrong and not trying to flame... All post on Trinity Tech talk about the G4 have been removed...
Old 02-21-2004, 08:16 PM
Tech Regular

rc_alan,

Shock question: What weight oil are you using front/rear, and what color & brand of spring?

Also, what diameter do your run your foams at to start with?

Thanks,
KMac
Old 02-21-2004, 08:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

I run 60wt. oil on both my cars in the rear and one car I run 40wt. and the other 50wt. in the front... Shock springs... I run the stock silver springs in the front and Mugen gray springs in the rear on both cars.. I find that running a little harder in the rear and 2* rear camber, 2* rear toe-in and 35-37 shore rear foams and the rear end is dailed.... Oh, rear droop is set at 3 and the front is set at 1. Funny, I just bought some TM springs today... 1.8mm red/orange rear and 1.5 purple front. Have not had time to put them yet, but the 1.8mm springs are the same as the Mugen gray springs and the 1.5mm purple springs feel just a tad bit harder then the stock silver springs. There is no weight listed for the stock silver springs anywhere... Shock oil can play a big key in how fast your car changes direction in and out of a turn. The track I run on is pretty loose to most of the time ie. dust and untreaded... I just dail down my dual rate on the radio a bit and my rear end is still handles well... Trimming a Alfa Romeo 2.1 body and putting a centex clutch on my other Rossi Pixy... Raining in Cali all week... Time to wrench and wait til the rain clears..

RC_Alan
Old 02-21-2004, 08:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by rc_alan
One last thing... If anyone can get there hands on the Team Magic tune pipe... Get one. The pipe is the best I've used and seen. Novarossi, RD Logics, RB's, Yokomo... Can't touch the pipe in adding power to your .12 motor and sound that it emits is just music to the ears!!!!
RC_Alan
RC Alan,

which TM pipe you,re refering to? I have seen one at my LHS but is it the same one? maybe a part no. or a pic will help..

thanks..
Old 02-21-2004, 09:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

I try to dail in the rear-end first and then I work on the front of the car. The G4 is easy to set up for almost anyone... I never have to run more then 3* rear camber any more then than that you'll lose some rear contact patch with your rear tires.... I run 2* rear as per my Setup station. Tire wear is straight across and no coning of the rear tires what so ever... My tire diameter 62mm rear and 61mm front and depending on the track and the type of turns... Say alot of right turns, I might run a 35 shore on the left rear and 37 on the right just to have a bit more bit...

RC_Alan
Old 02-21-2004, 09:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

GoodSpeed... Try this link... http://shop.the-border.nl/customer/p...cat=425&page=1
Old 02-22-2004, 12:47 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Tanks for G4

Originally posted by afm
Eventhough you are the best supplied shop on Team Magic, it is almost impossible for us to buy from you, because price differential is astronomical. We can get a G4- E Class in the USA for $275.00 vs. $406.96 with you, that is 47% more!!!!!!! and the rate exchange between Euro and Dollar is 25%!!! Where is the other 22%???
AFM
Sorry for that,
with the kit price your right!
the dollar lost a lot last 7 months too the Euro so thats not in our hands !
with spare parts were even cheaper then most other..
we will adjust the kit price for the countries ourside Europa!
Old 02-22-2004, 07:49 AM
Tech Regular

quote:
Originally posted by afm
Eventhough you are the best supplied shop on Team Magic, it is almost impossible for us to buy from you, because price differential is astronomical. We can get a G4- E Class in the USA for $275.00 vs. $406.96 with you, that is 47% more!!!!!!! and the rate exchange between Euro and Dollar is 25%!!! Where is the other 22%???
AFM

Sorry for that,
with the kit price your right!
the dollar lost a lot last 7 months too the Euro so thats not in our hands !
with spare parts were even cheaper then most other..
we will adjust the kit price for the countries ourside Europa!
i dont want to start an arguement over this but how is it possible for you to alter the price of g4 kits for countries outside europe and not for us inside europe.
afm was complaning about the price from you, you should see how much we have to pay in the uk, £275 thats $510 which is outragous.
Old 02-22-2004, 11:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Stock silver springs are 1.7mm

No. of springs/winds makes the spring feel different.
Old 02-22-2004, 12:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default G4 for sale

Anyone intersted in a E class G4 decked out, please call me @ 203-667-0193. Thanks
Old 02-22-2004, 01:16 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally posted by jas1
i dont want to start an arguement over this but how is it possible for you to alter the price of g4 kits for countries outside europe and not for us inside europe.
afm was complaning about the price from you, you should see how much we have to pay in the uk, £275 thats $510 which is outragous.
Just for the records, I'm not complaining, rather regreting that because of economical policies, Euro is stronger than U$Dollar, and so is the British Pound, but that is out of our hands, and so of the HS in Europe.
But I'm guessing that E-Mail shops in Europe could reduce their prices for outside countries, by selling us from an impounded customs wharehouse (before they pay their local duties) and reship us from there.
AFM
Old 02-22-2004, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally posted by afm
Just for the records, I'm not complaining, rather regreting that because of economical policies, Euro is stronger than U$Dollar, and so is the British Pound, but that is out of our hands, and so of the HS in Europe.
But I'm guessing that E-Mail shops in Europe could reduce their prices for outside countries, by selling us from an impounded customs wharehouse (before they pay their local duties) and reship us from there.
AFM
AFM

you may try http://www.racerspit.com in Aust. maybe cheaper

regards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.