R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-08-2004, 07:02 PM   #361
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to nickko

Steering Servo Saver--Please adjust the rail mounts to make the servo saver movement a little bit tight & no excess play. A little bit stress & tightness will make the steering smoother.

Strange, but it is true for this system. This system is one of the reasons why G4 can turn better.

In addition, please take good care of the dust foam.

Also, please don't ream the hole. You will damage the foam & the special metal inside.

For the new tank, we do offer tanks for distributors to replace at a dirt-cheap price. We will communicate with distributors.
nickko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 08:12 PM   #362
Tech Master

I`m too, not having problems with my Servo savers movement as the key is to keep them clean everytime you finish playing, even in after 45 minutes of final. I did have that problem the first time I built it.

As the problem for not making full turn when the car is on the ground, I suggest to check on the tighness of the bottom screws.. Yes, when you tighten it up, the problem will move to cracked steering servo saver on hard impact only.

Other cars may not having this problem but that doesn`t mean they do not have other problems! I`ve been driving S705, S710, Mtx3, and the G4s... all have their own major issues!

Just to let you all know... Tmagic did sell the new tank dirt cheap to its distributor up to the quantity of kits that has been bought. In turn we charge our customer who bought the kit at USD6 (we could have charge lower if our shipping forwarder not charge us by volume weight) here in Indonesia as our support for selling the car to them (retail is USD18) .. It is your distributor that making the problem worse and I feel so sorry for Tmagic about it.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 10:08 PM   #363
Tech Fanatic

Vr6vroom... Trust me my G'4's were built correctly... As a matter fact, Jspecrcr who posted earlier is a Team driver for a different company that I can't say here in this tread, lol... has seen my G4 on many occassions and even had one himself... If you've read my posts about the G4 you would know I love this car.... Even sold all my other cars just to solely drive this one... The servo saver has been examined and quailty of build is at issue... I'm not the only person that has notice this. I do understand that this car is still quite new and there will be some growing pains. I did notice that GMP does have an Alum steering servo saver... On one website for $9.00 dollar as a matter of fact. My lhs sells the plastic ones for $14.00... Already have two of GMP's Alum one's on order. Strange, I have two G4's and one had the problem once and other with full graphite treatment has had this problem three times. My cars are driven 1-2 times a week and are not abused in anyway... Real world conditions show that some area's of this car needs to be look at. Is every car on the market perfect??? NO.. I understand that... I'm not a novice in this hobby and I know that there are a few things about this car that Trinity and Team Magic needs to take a closer look at. By me posting what I have experiened with the G4, I'm not knocking the car, but just sharing what has happen to me. If everyone else's car runs great with out any of the issues I've notice... Great. Like I've said, I'm not here knocking the car, but posting what I and others have seen... Yes, the Carbon fiber rear shock tower will fix the cracking that I've notice... Two on order... And maybe the GMP's Alum steering servo saver with the plastic/teflon insert will fix the servo problem for me... two on order as well... Pyramid, as for the fuel tank being sold at a lower price point... Maybe in your part of the world, Team Magic is doing the right thing... At my lhs, the tank cost $25.00 dollars and they only stock the old 69cc one. If you go to shopatron through Trinity's website, the cost is still in the $20.00-25.00 dollar range for a part that should have been the correct size from the very beginning. This is a forum to post our likes and dislikes.. Our love for this car and sometimes our hates with certain issues like the one's I've addressed. Not flaming Trinity nor Team Magic in anyway, just pointing out problems that many here have also notice and for those that don't post here on the boards but have had the same problems as well... Instead of being defensive, maybe some help and some corrective action from Trinity and Team Magic would be better... Just my .02

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 10:28 PM   #364
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to nickko

I ask my colleagues to check this thread frequently to know the problems. Really thank your guys for sharing all these ideas with us. I know we need to improve many thngs, including the car & the distributor.

It is very important that you can share your opinions with us.

Of course, we are working on some designs to make the G4 better. Thanks.
nickko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 08:44 AM   #365
Tech Adept

Default push type clutch

Hello,

I am having problem getting the G4 E class clutch shoe in the UK.....do anyones know what other centax type clutch from other manufactures that will be a direct replacement...

thanks
xtreme888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 09:16 AM   #366
Tech Fanatic

If you can't locate G-4 parts in your part of the UK... You can go to Trinity's website. www.trinity.com From there you can order any part you need for the G4. Shipping takes about 5 business days... You can also try and do a search for G4 parts in Hong Kong... I think one site is called RC-model.com... Not sure if that's the correct site, but you can't go wrong with going to Trinity's website... Good luck. Oh, If you can afford the cost, buy one extra kit... You'll have all the parts for your car on hand... I know...lol... Just check out Trinity.com and do a search for G4 parts there on the site.

RC_Alan

nickko... Thanks for the reply.. What can we all do to get the correct fuel tank??? Team Magic says that since the tank was not broken and it works, they don't have to replace it... True, but how can you race the car during this season with the tank at 69cc's. Like I posted before, My lhs has the old one, by TM and K-factory at a cost of $25.00... Wow... I hate to say this, but when I had my R40, there fuel tanks cost all of $8.00 US. dollars... I'm rolling with the G4 only now... Very happy, just need some help with issue's already posted earlier... My lhs is Ultimate hobbies in Orange Cali... Please Ultimate hobbies, order G-4 parts for your customers from Trinity ASAP... Not trying to flame, just trying to help the Socal G4 customers in getting parts...

nickko... Thanks again...
Old 01-09-2004, 07:41 PM   #367
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default upset

RC Alan,
I am not trying to dispute your experience or experiences. I am only trying to help you with your complaints. I also am not trying to insult your intelligence. But really how many $.02 are you going to contibute, you might have enough by now to buy a third kit!
Again, as others and myself, we are tring to suggest differnet options and possibilities to your complaints. Dont take offense to them please.
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 08:18 PM   #368
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by rc_alan
My lhs is Ultimate hobbies in Orange Cali...
I just realize that`s the hobby shop you buying from. They are also my hoobby shops when I was study in the US. Is big fat John still there? If not mistaken the onwner (son`s onwner) names cliff? Yeah... they always selling at retail prices, but you can always bargain for bulk purhcases.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 01:46 AM   #369
Tech Fanatic

Pyramid... You're right, Cliff is the owner's son and he does all the parts orderings... Jspecrcr who posted earlier works there as well... Small world... lol... As for Big Fat John... I'm not sure if he's still there or not... Vr6vroom... Do you work for Trinity??? I believe nickko who posted ealier does... Please read his last post. Not trying to flame anyone, just trying to help and share information with other G4 owners... I'm sure I've helped a few and many have have me... Even Josh Cyrul gave me few tips after he left Trinity... Thanks again!!! Vr6vroom, you said that your G4 had a broken rear shock tower... I've had 3 crack all in the same exact place... Josh used the carbon fiber/Alum ones during the Roar Nationals out here in Sept 2003... I wonder why... Could it be that it's a known weak spot and the carbon fiber tower is a good fix for it over the stock plastic one??? Just trying to show something here... I believe we are all just trying to enjoy this Great car and are just trying to help each other out.. No hard feelings... That's why these boards are here... Trinity and Team Magic checks these boards out.. See what there customers are saying about the G4 both good and bad.. I believe in the long run, with the aftermarket parts coming out for the G4.... This car will be very hard to beat once we get it near bullet proof..
Old 01-10-2004, 04:00 AM   #370
Tech Champion

Default .

RC Alan,
no, I am not affiliated with TRINITY,as far as a employee, but am a user of their products. I just want to help you solve you problems.
My rear tower broke as a result of a turn marshal steppinng on my car, not from the fault of the part. Now, as with you I will upgrade to the cf/aluminum upper brace. If you are considering what the "pro's" are using, then you are in the rat race with 90% of all racers do. If the world champ won using square tires and a brick for a body, then the next day you better beleive that these people will be using square tires and a nice clean brick.
My point is this, car kit works well in stock form, excluding spring combo. If you hit something or something hits you, something is going to snap, bend, break, or tweak. It's just a matter of which part is the weakest link. I'd rather break a the tower instead of a rear bulkhead, right? Engineer's designed these parts to have a shear point. Something has to give. I am not saying that the design is flawless, but interesting. Maybe if Trinity was to make hardened towers, like their arms, they might be a alternative in stead of the 60.00 USD upgrade. I just dont know.
Last but not least, I am not insulted, or offended by what you are saying, I just want to help you.
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

Old 01-10-2004, 09:07 AM   #371
Tech Fanatic

Hey Vr6vroom... I'm very sorry if I came across upset with you... After my last post... At 1am in the morning after getting off from job#2 no less... It's been a very long week...lol No, I understand that you're just trying to help and I appreciate that very much. Sometimes in our replies to someones posts, we might say something that is taken the wrong way, even though we are just trying to help that person, the reply is not read or taken that way... No hard feelings and since we are all in the G4 family... In the great quote of Rodney King.. Can we all get along... LOL.. Just joking. Thanks again for your input and always... Happy racing

Oh, you're right, most pro kits are not bullet proof... To bullet proof, you'll have to go with carbon fiber, alum in some cases and aftermarket high end plastics when possible... and still nothing is perfect...

Last edited by rc_alan; 01-10-2004 at 09:38 AM.
Old 01-10-2004, 11:45 AM   #372
Tech Champion

Default its all good!

NO appologies needed RC Alan

Old 01-10-2004, 02:15 PM   #373
Tech Regular

I've put together a steering upgrade how-to but decided not to put it in this thread as there are a lot of pics. Here it is:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...992#post667992

Also, here's my G4:

KMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 02:24 PM   #374
Tech Fanatic

Kmac... That paint job looks SWEEEEEEET!!! I hope you're a good driver... lol Nice Sirio motor too... I'll check out your thread... I think I got the steering issue's corrected... Buying the Alum GMP servo saver and Alum rail mounts... Also, to lube the rails... Use Graphite powder. Keep up the good work and posting Kmac.

RC_Alan .
Old 01-10-2004, 05:58 PM   #375
Tech Rookie

I believe Nick Ko is the product manager for Team Magic.

Anyway .. does anyone know if the G4 manual is available online?
leo28 is offline   Reply With Quote