Old 01-06-2004, 04:18 AM   #346
Suspended

Default looks good

i like it agg.........choco
kenchoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 05:18 AM   #347
Tech Master

Default Re: looks good

Its weird, I just somehow notice that this thread is being viewed more than poeple are talking about it (replies)

It's about 1 post every 44 views, the mtx thread is 1 post every 26 views, s710 is 1 every 23 views, V1RR is 1 every 19 views..

What does it means If you like to talk.. go get V1RR

Or G4 is the most trouble free car that all people enjoy racing it so by the time they got home, no need to replace cracked front knuckle, broken belt or shocks

As for Electric, if you like to talk, you would definitely get the Xrays
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 01:34 AM   #348
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'm in the market for a new car and have been reading all the threads. I really like the look of the G4, the motor looks to be well balanced in its location and the placement of the fuel cell looks perfect. 75cc of fuel might not seem like a lot of weight but it has an impact on the handling as its consumed.

Some concerns I have are with the shock complaints and the steering (more specifically possible lack of). Seems a lot of people dont car for the shock design and have been having problems adjusting the collars. Have fixes been found (didnt see any in this thread) or were these isolated problems?

I like a lot of steering, is the toe out helping a lot or do you need to focus your attention else where? Its easy to take it away but it sure is hard to find.

Available gear ratios seemed to come under fire as well. Is this getting better? The R40s pinion/spur setup looks/sounds awesome, is this one similar?
madweazl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 07:50 AM   #349
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by madweazl
I'm in the market for a new car and have been reading all the threads. I really like the look of the G4, the motor looks to be well balanced in its location and the placement of the fuel cell looks perfect. 75cc of fuel might not seem like a lot of weight but it has an impact on the handling as its consumed.

Some concerns I have are with the shock complaints and the steering (more specifically possible lack of). Seems a lot of people dont car for the shock design and have been having problems adjusting the collars. Have fixes been found (didnt see any in this thread) or were these isolated problems?

I like a lot of steering, is the toe out helping a lot or do you need to focus your attention else where? Its easy to take it away but it sure is hard to find.

Available gear ratios seemed to come under fire as well. Is this getting better? The R40s pinion/spur setup looks/sounds awesome, is this one similar?
As far as I notice, I have no problem with the shocks.. just another info you might need to know, the end cap of the shocks (where the springs sit) is a little bit to small in diameter to hold the stock springs inner diameter. IF that bothers you, get the K factory options parts which is aluminum in perfect fit. The shock piston is just plain plastic but it works.. there is K factory white teflon like piston if you refer. Building the shock is just like a normal shock but a little tricky on bleeding them but still there are normal ways to bleeding the excess oil.

As for the steering, what you need to do is to make sure keeping the shaft clean everytime you play.. and there is good trick on last post by someone here to trimmed the outer sterring block for binding free movement.

Gear ratio... not relly sure on R40 as haven't owned one, it should fit any tracks with no problem. Even if the highest ratio is not as high as the MTX, we have no problem on acceleration due to is small design and the car is light in weight.

You will have plenty steering as per box stock setup and even better steering when using same front and rear tires shore.

The Kfactory option for arms are the strongest arms ever produce. Let me put it this way, on a very hard crash (tires on one of the arms hit the wall first) till you bent or crack MIDDLE parts of the chassis, yes cracked, your arm will still in one piece holding its pivot ball at the same exact point at where you set it. I saw one happened last sunday and could not believe myself.
Old 01-08-2004, 02:59 AM   #350
jas
Tech Apprentice

Default Engine screws

Hi, I would like to buy a Hudy ball-head hex wrench to get to the engine mounting screws, and was wondering what size I should get, 2.0mm or 2.5mm? Btw, I don't own a G4 yet, in case you wonder why I don't check it myself.

Thanks ahead.
jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 03:33 AM   #351
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

2.5mm
Joehwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 04:31 AM   #352
Tech Master

Default Re: Engine screws

Quote:
Originally posted by jas
Hi, I would like to buy a Hudy ball-head hex wrench to get to the engine mounting screws, and was wondering what size I should get, 2.0mm or 2.5mm? Btw, I don't own a G4 yet, in case you wonder why I don't check it myself.

Thanks ahead.
It's 2.0mm...... 2.5 is for mounting the engine to the engine mount. I supposed this is what you trying to find out.. or is there any other .12 engine that needs other than 2.5mm screws to mount it to its engine mount?
Old 01-08-2004, 05:04 AM   #353
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Is the whole kit metric? I should shoot myself for selling my Thorp wrenches, and the rest of my gear for that matter. Have to start getting them all back now
madweazl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 07:10 AM   #354
Tech Regular

Corrected a problem last night on my car. First of all I built my shocks wrong. Well I just didn't put the o-rings in the right place. Not use to fancy shocks. After I did that, I had to work on the front one-way. I noticed some binding in the front and there were a couple of screws that backed out. Needless to say I had to take the whole front assembly off to get to the one-way. That also gave me a chance to look at my steering block. It doesn't seem to want to move to the left very smoothly. No matter how much I adjust the rail or mount it was stiff when moving to the left. I guess Rc_alan was right, that thing does wear out. Wore out sorta quick, I haven't had much run time on it. I'd say about 3/4 gallon.

Or does anybody else have any clues as to why that servo saver would be stiff turning one particular direction. I put it back together. My servo doesn't have too much of a problem with it, but it is a 150oz servo! I don't wanna much more strain on it just because I didn't maintain that steering assembly.
Aggdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 08:20 AM   #355
Tech Master

That the only concern of the car.. you have to maintain clean and free moving steering rack..

As for left and right does not have same tension of smooth movement, I usually encounter by doing the following,

move the block all the way to one side, hold it tight while screwing that end.. do the same with the other end. Most of the time, I got it the same tension. Of course you will have the same tension after sometimes as the inner side wears out but I guess that is not the point you looking for.

One more thing, I did put kawahara negative diff on the car. That thing really does what it should be.. everything regarding steering are all sharper and sharper in every corners. But I think after my next trial with it I might put it back to stock diff as it does not make me easier to control the car since the clutch can not be adjusted as when to enggage. Meaning, you will have to cope with its character everytime you change your engine or adjusting your centax clutch.. just too much thing to do to keep them balance on power. I guess I rather play it hard than spending much times working on the car

In case you are not familiar with kawahara negatif diff, it has clutch inside which will restric the movement for diff action. Diff action will get harder (as if it were using thicker oil) as engine revs reaching higher RPM. The worst thing is you can not adjust that clutch at when (what RPM I mean) it will engage. So when you change your engine or adjust your centax, you also need to adjust the way you drive the car as it will engage earlier or later.
Old 01-08-2004, 08:20 AM   #356
Tech Elite

I have found the problem as why don't I have much steering. Its all at the servo saver block. When I check it for full throw I usually lift the front end and it usually shows full throw both to right and left but when I put it on the floor I couldn't get full throw because of tyre friction with ground. I checked the servo saver and found that it has got too much play making the movement not linear. The sleeve for the rail must has worn out already. I m really surprise because this is my second servo saver block and its the K factory one, I just been using this for about 10-15 tanks, the first one (the stock plastic) just lasted about 4-6 tanks of driving. Do you guys have this problem too? How often do you guys change your sevo save block? When you change the block do you change the shaft rail as well?
Old 01-08-2004, 08:56 AM   #357
Tech Fanatic

Yes,yes,yes, guys and gals... The G4 Servo saver is a major problem!!! Some thought it was the steering rails bending or the sliding steering rail mounts going bad... It's really the Servo saver. The metal/alum insert wears out over time, sometimes in just a 8-10 tanks of fuel... The inserts are not machined properly and instead of being completly round, they are crimped instead. This being the case, there live span is not very long.. There are few things you can do. You can use graphite powder to lube the servo saver and rails only. Don't use any cleaners to clean the rails, instead use a air blower to clean any dirt or oils away/off the rails/steering assembly. The cleaners might be one of the reasons the inserts are wearing out. Please use the dust covers that come with the servo saver, these will help keep dirt and debris out of the servo saver. Call Trinty and Team Magic of this problem and push them to come up with a better quailty part. The servo saver in my area costs $14.00 dollar in my area... I'm not feeling having to buy a servo saver every 3-4 weeks!!! This is not my first RC car and the G4 over all is great car. The G4 is also still a very new car... This is one area that has to be address by Trinity and Team Magic ASAP!!! One last thing of concern... The stock rear shock tower is just as bad as the servo saver... I've gone through 3 in 2 months... All developed cracks in the same exact area... I posted this before... The fix though is to get the carbon fiber/Alum shock tower... Already have two on order... You really have to learn your car and bullet proof it... Other then these two issues and I'm sure Trinity and Team Magic can build better parts... Or do we have to wait for after market companies to come out with it...Or mail order to some website overseas... Oh, did I forget the fuel tank that's only 69cc, but Trinity and Team Magic wants you to pay $20-25 dollars for the corrected size one... I'll say this, Serpent and Mugen owners would never have to go through something like this.. Just my .02.. As you can see, I'm not very happy... Trinity and Team Magic, please do the right thing and address these issue's asap.... Take care of your customers.

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 12:56 PM   #358
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey RC Alan...Sorry I wasn't able to continue my "Great Customer Service" with you yesterday at the shop. For some apparent reason, yesterday was just overwhelming. In any event My Apologize. As for the steering system Yes indeed it is a problem for both Trinity/Team Magic. Therefore, I will not build this kit until a remedy is found. Glad you love the car! See you when you stop by the shop again!!
Jspecrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 02:07 PM   #359
Tech Regular

RC_Alan have you tried to "ream" that hole open at all? I figured maybe we can ream it open a bit so that the edges don't catch on the rail.
Aggdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 02:53 PM   #360
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default steering issues

I personally have not experienced the binding that everyone else has experienced. I have approx one gallon thru my car with out any failures except for a broken ball up, and a rear tower.
I have seen people break servos, but never to the point of tight spots in the rack. I race with trinity drivers Joel Johnson, and Mike Dumas, on many occasions. Their cars are rockets, and pretty much trouble free also.
I have seen aftermarket stuff from GPM, many aluminum parts, including a aluminum servo saver, with nylon inserts. Maybe this might be the mysterious fix all, who knows.
I would just make sure the assembly is correct, before you go ahead and condemn any part(s).
These are just some of my personal experiences.
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote