R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-24-2005, 01:03 AM   #3091
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to nickko

If you have a defective tank, please contact distributors for replacement. Thanks. Please check the posts below. Thanks.

Below from RC_Alan:
Guys... All Nitro fuel tanks will leak and develope issues over time... I was just chatting with Robbie Collins about the fuel tank he was changing in his MTX3 Team car a couple of months ago... Leaking fuel tank... Tank lids seals wear out, the plastic tank can develope micro-fractures ect... HELLION... RD-Logics carries 2 fuel tanks... 1. is the stock one and the other is from K-factory... Both work very well, but the K-factory tank has a different lid design... RD-Logics carries both... RD-Logics has great customer service and will help you anyway they can... If the fuel tank was new and is leaking... I'm sure they'll replace it... If it's damaged or worn out... You'll have to replace it like anything else... As for your brake disk rubbing your motor... That's not a defect... If your friends G4/Mongoose is dialed... have him take a look at it for you... It maybe something that you're missing while trying to correct/fix it... This forum is to help when help is asked for/needed and to share info that will help the end user... Let's keep that in mind when asking questions and anwering them... Not flaming the thread or anyone... Things are just getting alittle carried away...

Below from Motorman
I'm going to say this one more time. If you feel you have a defective tank send it back!! The tank and cap was available a long time ago and is not required. Generally there is no tank issue. Let me say it again, generally there is no tank issue. Let me say this again if you feel you have a defective tank send it back!!
nickko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 01:08 AM   #3092
Tech Adept

hi nikko,
why did you disconect the forum on the tm homepage??
dieter
4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 04:00 AM   #3093
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

good to see TM quoting all of Motorman's good work.

would be better if TM is putting in some initiative of their own to improve the car..
wyl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 06:20 AM   #3094
Tech Adept

yeah,
motorman and his crew make a good job
dieter
4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 08:57 PM   #3095
Tech Fanatic

Default this is just to funny

All RC gas tanks leak. Do you really believe this??? Do you know what a leaking gastank does to a 2 stroke engine???? I was asked if it would have ben better if they held the G4 back untill they fixed the problems it has then ask a higher price for it instead of selling it at a much lower price? YES would be my reply. First when you buy this car it is a good idea to get another one for parts. Say what? it was suggested that this is normal with Mugans and Serpents too but that's not realistic! Second by the time you shell out for the upgrades to make it compete you find your self spending more on this car then you would a Serpent 710 and if you did buy the parts car then you surpassed the Mugans price tag too. Third a diegrinder comes in very handy making the parts fit on the G-4. The G-4 could be a amazing car with more development it has the best C/G I have ever seen in a 1/10 but instead of developing it's potential they build all these high dollor upgrade bandaids but in all fairness it really is a nice bag you can buy for the car and using the reciever as a bumper for the side of the car not only will take it out if it gets hit but should short out the servos too. I'm sure they are going to come in here and try to discredet what I have just posted like they tryed before but you got to ask your self what do I have to gain by telling you this
HELLION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 10:27 PM   #3096
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon

at least the G4 is priced at 1/2 that of RRR, mtx, serpents....

so drivers have the 'option' to upgrade what the want.... i have calculated that a fully upgraded G4 almost matchs tat of those 3 i mentioned up there...

+ u get the remaining plastic parts u didnt use as spare/backup...
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 12:15 AM   #3097
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Dynamite
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLION
All RC gas tanks leak. Do you really believe this??? Do you know what a leaking gastank does to a 2 stroke engine???? I was asked if it would have ben better if they held the G4 back untill they fixed the problems it has then ask a higher price for it instead of selling it at a much lower price? YES would be my reply. First when you buy this car it is a good idea to get another one for parts. Say what? it was suggested that this is normal with Mugans and Serpents too but that's not realistic! Second by the time you shell out for the upgrades to make it compete you find your self spending more on this car then you would a Serpent 710 and if you did buy the parts car then you surpassed the Mugans price tag too. Third a diegrinder comes in very handy making the parts fit on the G-4. The G-4 could be a amazing car with more development it has the best C/G I have ever seen in a 1/10 but instead of developing it's potential they build all these high dollor upgrade bandaids but in all fairness it really is a nice bag you can buy for the car and using the reciever as a bumper for the side of the car not only will take it out if it gets hit but should short out the servos too. I'm sure they are going to come in here and try to discredet what I have just posted like they tryed before but you got to ask your self what do I have to gain by telling you this
i concur, i raced a g4 for around 3~4 months. i didnt want to shelve out and get a 710 or mugen or the likes at the time because i wasnt sure if i would like gas or not after 9+ years of electric racing... but it turns out i love it more lol

as you say the CG on the g4 is awesome... and when its going the car is balistic... but the parts dont fit well and required alot of "gin-ing" around and extra expense in k-factory parts to get the car that should have been supplied to begin with... and against my better judgement i went for the cheaper g4 when i should have went for kyosho, mugen or serpent straight up.

my advice wouldnt be not to buy one, but be realistic and realise to get it into decent race speck will more then likely cost you the same if not more then a mugen prospec, i know when i sold my gold brick i mean g4 i got next to nothing for it lol compared to outlay...

i race a rrr now, which i have found a hell of alot better in build quality, tunability and in the end drivability, which is what matters. also parts are cheap and options are options... not "fix it bandaids" as hellion says.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:34 AM   #3098
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to nickko

We are improving these. Thanks for sharing with us what you think.
nickko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 12:49 AM   #3099
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Geee I must have missed out on all the bad bits - mine went together really well and goes really well also - I am very happy with it. There are probably only two issues that I have with teh car

1. I'm not happy with where the receiver mounts - I guess it's a legacy of having the car so low etc etc. It would be really good to have a little receiver box of some kind for protection.

2. I'm not happy with where the battery switch is designed to go - but easy to do without a switch or put an inline on or mount it elsewhere
Boondall. SuperShot, XX, SVR,Schumacher Storm BigWig
heavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 12:54 AM   #3100
wad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wad Send a message via MSN to wad

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickko
We are improving these. Thanks for sharing with us what you think.
Hi. I noticed that you guys upgraded the front knuckles to get more steering. My car doesn't handles the same with the new ones. Is there any way to get the first generation of front knuckles, or they are gone already. part# 502150
Thanks in advance.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:56 AM   #3101
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

nick - with all due respect, TM has built a good car but failed to capitalise on this. the car does have some weaknesses as acknowledged by most contributors to this forum.

as a G4 owner, it is really disappointing to see TM addressing weaknesses in this car by coming out with even more KFactory expensive upgrades.

surely there must be a better way to provide TM parts as solutions/alternatives to owners without robbing them silly (via expensive mods/upgrades)?

anyway, this car has been ard for a couple of yrs .. it's good to see RDL bringing it a step further.
wyl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 05:14 AM   #3102
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey Guys,

To add my 2 cents worth, i had a G4 at the end of last year before the revised clutch an steering system were available. Since then i have been helping a friend with his G4 an also keeping an eye on Heavy an his progress at our local track. Driving my friends car since he changed over to the new steering systemn & installing the new front hubs, he lost steering....

In the orginal design the car had tons of steering and was really quick through the twisty stuff If ever the teething problems were ever sorted out with the car, i'd have no problems in buying another G4. I know no car is perfect, the 710 had clutch issues as well as fragile rear shock tower, but all these problems have been addressed on the run in a shorter period of time.

Time will tell, an Heavy is trying his best to get me to get another G4

BB
Old 08-31-2005, 06:24 AM   #3103
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The thing I hate is the handle to pick car up positioning bites.Got to reem the heck out of it.The cheesy reciever battery holder bites too.
shrabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 06:25 AM   #3104
Tech Initiate

Send a message via MSN to pedal2thametal

i got the evo 3.. same as the rd logics mongoose g4 but with even more hopups.
i have no problem with the steering.
the car sticks to the road like a train on rails. corners aint no problem either.

i driven a ntc3 and a mtx3 from friends of mine. maybe is it that you are getting used to one car. but i find my car driving better then the other 2.
not saying the other 2 are bad cars. very good also. but i just like the g4 more.

no regred in buying it. i love it really much.
pedal2thametal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 06:31 AM   #3105
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Dynamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrabber
The thing I hate is the handle to pick car up positioning bites.Got to reem the heck out of it.The cheesy reciever battery holder bites too.
Oh no more forgotten memories....