R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-04-2003, 08:17 PM   #286
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by rodrigo1508
Thanks, right now I have and r40 but I want a second car and the g4 seems to be the chosen one. Its just that I didnt know if it was worth getting thr pro or the racer.
If you just wanted to try for Racing, pro is the best choice. If you sure you like the car (after borrowing from friends maybe) and you want both long lasting performance and nice looking, you would be better of building it from options. And yes, it will cost you at least twice the original Pro kit, but looks absolutely nice and advance.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 08:32 PM   #287
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyramid
D, in Malaysia, HPC should have complete stock for parts don`t they?
Ummm, do they? I'm told that they are even finding it difficult to sell the car here much less get parts for it...
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 10:36 PM   #288
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyramid
If you just wanted to try for Racing, pro is the best choice. If you sure you like the car (after borrowing from friends maybe) and you want both long lasting performance and nice looking, you would be better of building it from options. And yes, it will cost you at least twice the original Pro kit, but looks absolutely nice and advance.
I could do that slowly putting the car together yeah I like the idea I dont care if its more expensive. Where could I find all the option parts for the g4?
I know my LHS supports Team Magic and Trinity but because I am in mexico sometimes its cheaper to buy it online for example a g4 in here cost $500 and I can find one online a lot less. I only buy from them little or flamable things.
Man living here isnt that great for this hobbie everything cost almost double and on work the pay the half
rodrigo1508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 10:49 PM   #289
Tech Adept

Also what is your idea of the perfect g4
rodrigo1508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 07:43 AM   #290
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by rodrigo1508
Also what is your idea of the perfect g4
In here, Indonesia, we are selling the pro/E class kit at approximately USD270. You could email Tmagic and asked for the nearest Asian distributor to your country or even get direct from one of taiwan dealers.. you should be able to get a fair and decent price.

Box standard setup sheet is already perfect both for balance and cornering even if you play on 46x22m tracks. Just use same front and rear tires shore. Most of the time is 37-40 for summer.

First thing you must buy is aluminum wheels hex as the original comes in plastic. After couple of hours playing, upgrade the sterring saver block to aluminum one as you will get better movement, alignment, as well as tighter (less slops). From here on, if you decided to really really like and wanted to keep the car for so long... sell the current one and start building from option parts (..just in my opinion). Be aware, for full option car, it will cost you close to 3 times the E class kit car (based on USD270)

Just give it a try and you will amaze...

PS: Never G4 car kit comes with newer revision of fuel tank (75cc, the old one is 68cc). Both tanks have identical part number. Newer one have blue dot sticker on it.
Old 12-19-2003, 01:22 AM   #291
Tech Rookie

Default Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Is there only one color to choose from?
claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 02:53 AM   #292
Tech Rookie

Default Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Can I buy it in your store directly? I want to see the car.
claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 09:59 AM   #293
Tech Master

You should be able to find them easly in Taiwan, dont you think?

Yes, the stock kits having blue anodized aluminm stabilierholder (E-class) but then others options such as chassis etc comes in either blue or titanium color.
Old 12-21-2003, 12:14 PM   #294
Tech Fanatic

Hey Kmac... Thanks for posting the blank setup sheets over on the Team Magic sit!!! They're a must have for dialing in your cars... Just dumped most of my other cars... MTX3, R40 and NTC3 for the G-4... Got one decked out in true Carbon Fiber treatment... Running both on the West Coast. Hands down, this is the best car on the market today... Just wish more people would give this car a try. Check out the G4 pics on the link below and let me know what you all think. Happy Holiday's and racing!!!
RC_Alan

http://community.webshots.com/user/rc_alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 05:24 PM   #295
Tech Regular

Default Parts

Last edited by Aggdaddy; 12-21-2003 at 05:33 PM.
Aggdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 05:30 PM   #296
Tech Regular

Default Parts

Hey guys,

Southeastrc.com

Has a good selection of G4 parts and they tell you when it can be shipped. I have been searching for an online store that ships parts as fast as Tower and is just as dependable.

These stores have G4 parts.

rcmodels.com = Kinda slow, but they eventually shipped me my
parts after two weeks of waiting. (Doesn't mean
that its in my hand yet)
Horizon = Pretty fast, but kinda high.
Southeastrc.com = I haven't tried them yet.
Shopatron = SLOW. Waited for like three days. Still didn't
ship. CS could not give me an estimated time
when they would ship. Cancelled the order.
Aggdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 06:58 AM   #297
Tech Rookie

Italian's Winning Job

TMNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 06:43 PM   #298
Tech Master

Great Job..

I`m wondering if the purpose is mainly to well balance the car as 2x servos + receiver on one side would have been heavier than 1x inline pipe on the other side.

Because this mods not only takes time, but building and changing battery would have also been pain the a?s
Old 12-22-2003, 09:26 PM   #299
Tech Regular

rc_alan where did you buy that viper head? looks like it will reduce the highest point on touring cars! maybe the best hop up for CG!
tranced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 10:57 PM   #300
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by tranced
rc_alan where did you buy that viper head? looks like it will reduce the highest point on touring cars! maybe the best hop up for CG!
Only design for LOLA body otherwise colling is not maximum for Sedans.