R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-21-2003, 10:40 PM   #256
Tech Fanatic

I know K-Factory has a fuel tank for the G4.... I didn't have any problems with my brakes... By the way, Josh Cyrul is posting over on the Electric on road forum side. He is no longer driver for Trinity. He's super helpful and just may be able to answer some of your questions over there about the G4... By the way, I must say, after driving the NTC3, R40 and the G4... Hands down, the G4 is way better car by far!!!

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 07:39 AM   #257
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by rodneybarrett
yes. same exact thing. From what I've heard on the boards is that most people just didn't even install the brake guide.

Just filing them down works fine.

Any word on the new tank yet?
Nothing on the brakes...

New 75cc team magic tank already out...
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 08:08 PM   #258
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default outing

Well, I went and played today at my locla indoor asphalt track. My G4 pushed all over like mad in the early part of the day, but by the third qualifier the car was hooked. I ended up moving the shocks all the way out on the towers, teal k magic rear springs, and purple frt k magic springs, sways were flat, droop was 3 frt, droop 4 in rear, arms foward for the castor, 5mm rideheight, trinity purple rear tires, tan frt trinity tires at 61mm.
The car was dialed, tq'd by two laps, and won by to many to count.
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 09:33 PM   #259
Tech Regular

where did you get the k magic springs and do you know what the rates are for the different colors?
KMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 06:47 PM   #260
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default K magic springs

I purchased them from my LHS, Hobby Chamber in West Haven, CT. The rates I don thave, but I believ they go from 1.2-2.0 in .1 increments. They work really well, and are different from the trinity springs. So dont confuse them.
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 06:48 AM   #261
Tech Elite

Default Brake overheated

Does anybody has problem with brake overheating? I just finished building my G4 and for the last 3 days I ve been running it at my local track, my problem is for the fist 2-3 laps the car is fine but after that it seem that during a long straight the car doesn't go to full speed, firstly I thought my engine is overheating and checked the temp and its fine, tried again and the same thing happend this time during pitting I can smell somthing is burning and I saw smoke came out of the rear of the body and found out it came from the brake disc. I checked the brake setting and it is also fine no dragging during neutral and on throttle. For info i m using front diff and I use a lot of brake for my driving style. Last night I checked everything and its fine but today the same thing happened so I loosened the brake screw and test again its better but this doesn't suit my driving style because the brake is not strong enough and same thing happened again this time after 5-7 laps. Don't know what to do know, this never happened to my other car.
Old 11-25-2003, 06:54 AM   #262
Tech Elite

One more thing I don't even use the brake guide thing.
Old 11-25-2003, 08:02 PM   #263
Tech Regular

Try finding KMAC on here and ask him, he knows alot about the G4.
budlightnmyhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 12:00 AM   #264
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i see in the pix of Josh's G4 that he mounted the receiver somewheres else. Anyone know where the receiver was mounted and how he did this?
RCNitroDude999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 07:00 AM   #265
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by RCNitroDude999
i see in the pix of Josh's G4 that he mounted the receiver somewheres else. Anyone know where the receiver was mounted and how he did this?
I only find this picture.
mtx3.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 07:07 AM   #266
Tech Regular

I posted pics of my G4 in the "final decision help" post, go take a look
budlightnmyhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 04:48 PM   #267
Tech Regular

Hi, i will be getting a G4 e-class soon. Are there any must-need hop-ups i need to get? (k factory)

bballer
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 11:12 PM   #268
Tech Regular

Howdy folks.

I just wanted to post my encounter with my G4. After building basic kits like the Super nitro and rs4 s SS, the G4 is like night and day as far as engineering differences. I had to start over on almost everything, because I didn't really understand what the instructions was saying. But after about three days, I finally got it together. The adjustments that I have had to make were minor, but here's the list.

Widen the brake caliper hole, for smoother brake action.
I removed the carbon receiver plate. Its just in the way.
Doesn't really seem to have a benefit.
Shaved the ball cup for the steering servo. Initially tried to use the lower hole mount, but it doesn't provide enough throw.

All settings are prepped for initial break-in for tomorrow. Rear suspension seems a little too stiff for my driving style, but I want to see how the car handles before I start making too many adjustments.

Can't wait.

G4 Pro kit
Rossi Pixi .12 SG
Jaco foams 26mm front , 30mm rear
Hitec micro receiver, JR servos, JR Xs3
Trinity One Piece pipe and manifold.
Aggdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 03:54 AM   #269
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Aggdaddy
Howdy folks.

I removed the carbon receiver plate. Its just in the way.
Doesn't really seem to have a benefit.

if you read the instruction you find that you are meant to mount the receiver on the carbon receiver plate with double sided tape. This allows (god forbid) that if you get hit in that side the receiver will be knocked loose and not damaged too badly. the plate under the receiver is there to protect it from scaping on the ground.

personally, i have found that i needed to change the springs because the original setup wouldn't get all the power of my Rody to the ground. made for a very loose car.
Test Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 09:43 AM   #270
Tech Regular

I did read the instructions. However, I don't see how you are supposed to get your servo wires in there, while it is taped like that.

Post a close up pic if you're trying to show how it is supposed to be done.
Aggdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote