R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-18-2004, 08:31 PM   #2641
Tech Adept

bundy bear: check the tension of your servo saver arm. what migth be causing this is that during the race the screw might have loosend up during the race and the spring tension changes.

kanaidude: always check on the clutch and bring an additional clutch shoe to be sure and prepare to bring some shims.
Mr. Shims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 08:34 PM   #2642
Tech Adept

kanai dude: i also noticed more response using kyosho belts which are thicker and less prone to stretching
Old 10-19-2004, 04:13 AM   #2643
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by budlightnmyhand
what steering system are you using? The old one or the new one? If its the old system it might be binding. I'm not sure if the Evo's come with it.

Mike
It is using the olde steering system with the alloy Kfactory servo saver.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:25 AM   #2644
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Shims
bundy bear: check the tension of your servo saver arm. what migth be causing this is that during the race the screw might have loosend up during the race and the spring tension changes.

kanaidude: always check on the clutch and bring an additional clutch shoe to be sure and prepare to bring some shims.
I will have a looksy at it... thankyou! So far the car has been very impressive apart from this minor problem. I just don't understand why i don't have the problem during a 5 minute race an onlu in the 10 minute final. I am also going to check the rail tension as well.

BB
Old 10-19-2004, 05:57 PM   #2645
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

see my post here for reasons your having issues with the new steering. I believe its mostly a user issue but given the compactness of the design I would recommend scrapping the servo saver spring all together

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...0&pagenumber=4
Old 10-19-2004, 09:01 PM   #2646
Tech Adept

Bundybear: Im still using the old system as well and that happend to me during one of my mains, check on the servo arm. Motorman's post is also applicable on the steering system we have which takes out the servo saver spring entirely... just make sure that the travel of your servo is exact to how much travel is available.
Old 10-20-2004, 07:34 AM   #2647
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default TEAM DRIVERS WANTED

RD Logics is looking for Sedan Drivers to join the team. PM me for more details.
Leo V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 11:14 AM   #2648
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Arrow gearing???

hey guys!!! what gearing do you suggest should i use on this very large track with my G4? this track was built for 1/8 scale racing, it has very high traction in which we use 45 shore tires. i have not run my G4 here and on saturday will be the first time. it has a very very long back stretch, no tight turns and has high speed corners. hope anyone can help out!!! i am planning to use a one-way diff infront and a rear solid axle... check out the pics... this track is located at Montalban Rizal, Philippines.

Last edited by XTREMERCHOBBIES; 10-21-2004 at 11:21 AM.
XTREMERCHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 01:23 AM   #2649
Nitro Tech

Default Re: gearing???

Quote:
Originally posted by XTREMERCHOBBIES
hey guys!!! what gearing do you suggest should i use on this very large track with my G4? this track was built for 1/8 scale racing, it has very high traction in which we use 45 shore tires. i have not run my G4 here and on saturday will be the first time. it has a very very long back stretch, no tight turns and has high speed corners. hope anyone can help out!!! i am planning to use a one-way diff infront and a rear solid axle... check out the pics... this track is located at Montalban Rizal, Philippines.
If you would like to use rear solid axle,I would suggest you use 24mm front tyres.(cut it) And use taller 1st gear.Are you using VDS body?

I think 1st 20/51(stock) is the best for G4,you may try 20/50 if it's easy to spin.About 2st,the only choice is 25/46.(stock 24/47)
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 01:55 AM   #2650
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Motorman
see my post here for reasons your having issues with the new steering. I believe its mostly a user issue but given the compactness of the design I would recommend scrapping the servo saver spring all together

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...0&pagenumber=4
All suggestions taken on board, modifications carried out and will test it tomorrow

Will keep you posted guys...

BB
Old 10-23-2004, 02:08 AM   #2651
Tech Fanatic

Bundy_Bear... Are you running the stock steering system or the new updated version? What mods. did you do if any? While some are having some issues with the new steering, if set up correctly and alittle touch up here and there, the updated steering setup can work very well...

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 02:43 AM   #2652
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by rc_alan
Bundy_Bear... Are you running the stock steering system or the new updated version? What mods. did you do if any? While some are having some issues with the new steering, if set up correctly and alittle touch up here and there, the updated steering setup can work very well...

RC_Alan
Rc_Alan:

I am using the orgianal steering system on my Evo. We sanded the rails and repolished and oiled them. Also we removed the servo saver spring... Only time will tell to see if it is any better. I am frustrated with it like many others...

BB
Old 10-23-2004, 09:58 AM   #2653
Tech Fanatic

Bundy_Bear... Some racers I know, never had a problem with the slider/rail steering setup... Me, on the other hand had problems from day one... When I first got my G4 last year, I PM'd Josh Cyrul to try to gain any insite on the system... He did give me a few tips... Trinity... Well that's another story... The best thing to do is to change the servo saver once a month and to keep everything chean as possible. I was told by a few racers, that's what they do just to insure nother wrong would happen during a race... I just couldn't see changing the servo saver every month... Something had to be fixed... Oiling the rails really didn't help anything... The binding still occured. When TM and K-Factroy came out with the new swing rack setup, I bought it along with the new steering blocks for added steering... Never had a problem. I drove the car at the ROAR western Reg. and never lost a front belt nor one tooth from the front belt. I've had the new system for about a month now... I've also have a Mugen MTX3 and my steering is just as good on my G4 as it is on my MTX3... You don't have to bullet proof the swing rack setup... Just a little massaging on the servo arm if you feel the arm is rubbing against the front belt while turning your front wheels... If you do happen to get the new steering system and have any questions... You can PM me... but it's best to ask your questions here as other may be having the same problems and can be address/answered at one time... Good luck.

RC_Alan
Old 10-23-2004, 03:34 PM   #2654
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quick question, where does the receiver mount?
Old 10-23-2004, 09:33 PM   #2655
Tech Fanatic

coastaltony...

Page 27 step 5 in owners manual...

RC_Alan