R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-16-2004, 09:56 PM   #2626
Tech Adept

Think I will stick with my old system and try to use a different servo if need be. something with high speed and a little more torque.

Bryan
Pitstops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 10:36 PM   #2627
Tech Regular

Torque and speed won't matter, i got the best one i could that would "fit" in the tight chassis. I'm going to buy the V-One-RRR i have had enough of this car. This company will never make anything right and they will never get part support.

Anyone want to buy my G4 so i can get my new kyosho?

Mike
budlightnmyhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 04:00 AM   #2628
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by budlightnmyhand
Here are some pictures. I have modified my front bulkhead so much. I grinded the back screw hole off because i wasn't going to use it in the first picture, and the second picture the whole servo saver is raising the damn belt just sitting there with no tension.

I'm so tired of this crap. I mean come the hell on. What am i going to do about the servo saver. Even if i grind some of that off it still hits the ball cup. I can grind the ball cup some to but not enough. i already thought about it. Either way its going to wear my belt out.

Mike
Guys,

I ran my G4 Evo for the second time today and there a few teething problems with the car. Because i am running rubbers i have to use the front diff. Today after my first heat the diff was very notchy and needed to be rebuilt (Might have been builders error ). I have also been having problems with the brake staying on , in the end i had to add some fuel tube to other side of the brake linkage to make is return. But the steering system is crap. During a 5 minute race i don't notice it much, but come 10min and the steering will not return to the centre. I had hoped the new steering system would have been the knight in shinning armor, but it appears you need shares in a belt company if you want to go down that path

Having said that, i am not giving up yet but i am cheezed off!

BB
Old 10-17-2004, 05:06 AM   #2629
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Torque and speed won't matter, i got the best one i could that would "fit" in the tight chassis. I'm going to buy the V-One-RRR i have had enough of this car. This company will never make anything right and they will never get part support.

Anyone want to buy my G4 so i can get my new kyosho?

Mike
Here,Here...
Budlight , your pic shows what I was trying to explain pages ago but a could`nt post pics myself. The only way I have found to stop this problem is to adjust EPA dramatically.This then gives you a car with reduced steering - so you have to buy the new steering blocks - which are not moulded correctly ! Go Figure !
After pouring Hundreds and hundreds of pounds into this car iIseem to have come to the same conclution as yourself - that being the V-One-RRR.
The G4 used the V-One series as a platform , and as the sincerest form of flatery is immitation , I get the feeling RRR owners have invested more wisely. Read the RRR thread , and the guys seem very confident with the car , straight from the box.It does look a fine car..a mini Evolva.Works for Me !
I may just have to swap that TM t-shirt for a Kyosho one !
Tooned G4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 05:58 AM   #2630
Tech Regular

Oh i got this baby to steer last night. I was buzzed fromhaving some beers and i went to town with my friends die grinder. It has all the clearance i need under that belt now. I set my EPA to 115 pecent on each side and it hits nothing Oh yes, but i'm not going to keep this car. I'm getting either a monster truck or the v-one-rrr here soon. I will take pics of my "modded" fix Here in a little while. I just have to replace a ball cup since i gringed it down to much.

Mike
Old 10-17-2004, 08:06 AM   #2631
Nitro Tech

After 2 weeks study,today is my first race with my G4 EVO + STS D5R. I almost got TQ but only got 2nd place at qualify. And in the final I was leading from the first corner till....after 15mins the brake has no response and i crashed. So I only got 8th in A main today. Today's champion is our another racer also G4+STS.
I have to admit this is not a perfect kit. But it just so easy to drive really. Although you need to know how to fix some potential problems. But I think all kits are all the same. It must have some potential problems and time will tell us.
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 08:12 AM   #2632
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Tooned G4
Here,Here...
Budlight , your pic shows what I was trying to explain pages ago but a could`nt post pics myself. The only way I have found to stop this problem is to adjust EPA dramatically.This then gives you a car with reduced steering - so you have to buy the new steering blocks - which are not moulded correctly ! Go Figure !
After pouring Hundreds and hundreds of pounds into this car iIseem to have come to the same conclution as yourself - that being the V-One-RRR.
The G4 used the V-One series as a platform , and as the sincerest form of flatery is immitation , I get the feeling RRR owners have invested more wisely. Read the RRR thread , and the guys seem very confident with the car , straight from the box.It does look a fine car..a mini Evolva.Works for Me !
I may just have to swap that TM t-shirt for a Kyosho one !
Thats what i'm saying, no one is having this many problems with a car as this one. Seems you have to modify every part on the car. I understand there are some tight tolerances it just seems like they rush the parts out and don't even test them. TM has known about this steering issue for a while now. Just seems like they use people as test dummy's and take their money. Oh well. I got my steering in. I modded my original steering blocks since my new ones won't be here for a while. I'm going to try it out here in a little while. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

It also seems the steering system is still sloppy. you can move the whole rack because the arms on the new steering system slide on the bearings and there is just as much slop with this system. I don't think it will wear like the other one did but there is still slop from the get go.

Mike
Old 10-17-2004, 10:59 AM   #2633
Tech Regular

Drove my car just now. Steering system works good. No binding, very smooth. I grinded the crap out of the servo saver arm and there was no visible rubbing on my belts at all with my EPA set at 105 percent. My steering knuckles are lifting because of my stock steering blocks so its not getting any tracking turning on power ( and not its not my dogbones pushing up on the steering i am running cvd's). I will see how it works once i get my rrr blocks.

Mike
Old 10-17-2004, 01:41 PM   #2634
Tech Regular

Quote:
Drove my car just now. Steering system works good. No binding, very smooth. I grinded the crap out of the servo saver arm and there was no visible rubbing on my belts at all with my EPA set at 105 percent. My steering knuckles are lifting because of my stock steering blocks so its not getting any tracking turning on power ( and not its not my dogbones pushing up on the steering i am running cvd's). I will see how it works once i get my rrr blocks.

Mike
sounds like you have drilled the new holes in the old steering blocks too far forward, i did some testing with them and if more than 4-5mm foward then the inside wheel would hit max lock before the out side and thus lifting the wheel, you need too back your epa some more.
www.DHmodelsport.co.uk
jas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 10:13 PM   #2635
Tech Adept

Mike, im using futaba 9450's which provides enough torque and response, just kinda big
Mr. Shims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 03:30 AM   #2636
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Does anybody know why the steering system on my Evo would only play up at arounf the 8 minute mark during a 10 minute race? I never seem to have a problem during a 5 mintue race?

Would it because the car is getting hotter and it causes the sttering system to get hot and it sticks?

BB
Old 10-18-2004, 05:34 AM   #2637
Tech Regular

what steering system are you using? The old one or the new one? If its the old system it might be binding. I'm not sure if the Evo's come with it.

Mike
Old 10-18-2004, 06:48 AM   #2638
Tech Rookie

So bud light has made me want to run like a scared chicken, are all of you having this binding issue with the steering? I have an e-class kit on the way with the new steering system and blocks, do you guys think I will still have binding issues? Can you guys tell me what are the most frequently broken parts on this car, like belts lower arms etc? I have a sirio evo2 comming finally decided on my mill, mx-3s with micro reciever, tm pipe, alpha box, woot!!
KanaiDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 09:30 AM   #2639
Tech Regular

Kanidude,
You will just have to install the new steering system and see for yourself. Seems some people aren't having troulbe and some are. The only thing that really gave me trouble with this car was the rear shock tower. If your car takes a tumble, its going to break first time guaranteed. Second, if your car came with dog bones instead of CVD's (e-class only comes with dogbones) i would recommend getting the CVD's beacuse you will end up loosing a dogbone in the front. You will have to modify the front bulk head a little cause your servo horn for steering will probably hit the front bulk head. Other than that you should be ok. Other than that i can't think of anything else you really need.

Mike
Old 10-18-2004, 02:57 PM   #2640
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to chicky03

Hey Guys,

I am done racing Nitro for the season so if anyone is interested in my G4 and engine I ran at the nats send me an email. I can send some pictures. All I have to do is take out the servos and it is yours.

It has almost all the Kfactory hopup parts and the engine is a Mugen JPX-12

Paul