R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-13-2004, 07:09 AM   #2596
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Dynamite
Default Re: Re: Re: ATTENTION! New K Factory Steering Arms SUCK!!

Quote:
Originally posted by tl2111
Dynamite
check with your dogbone and track width first before you do anything, dogbone is bit too long for anything less then 198mm width dont use any oring, best change it to CVD. To test take the dogbone out and turn the block hard right and left, check whether it will till up on both direction.
to setup make sure both side are equal and the dogbone is not binding the steering block movement, dont use your eyes to measure as someone did, measure from the edge of the hex wheel adaptor to the middle of the chassis for each side and see whether you can make any different or have any binding.
no worries man, i'm ganna check it out tomorrow night if i get time, club meet this sunday feeling confident for a mega race result improvement in just what i have done so far hehe
Old 10-13-2004, 10:56 AM   #2597
Tech Regular

My stock blocks seem to be fine, it was probably just a problem with my dogbone before. My car turns full lock left and right fine now.

I ordered the new steering setup today. I was wondering if anyone tried to make a new hole in the stock blocks to increase the steering or is everyone just buying the new blocks? If you have modified the original blocks how is it working?

Tharnks,
Mike
budlightnmyhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 06:58 PM   #2598
Tech Fanatic

budlightnmyhand... I tried to mod the stock steering blocks with the extra hole in there... I got more steering but the feel wasn't the same... When I used the new steering blocks, I got more steering and everything was smooth and the feel was great!!! You can try to mod your stock blocks and see... But, after trying both, the new blocks are the way to go. Someone posted that the Kyosho rrr steering blocks work... Don't know... but that may be something to look into as well...

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 07:03 PM   #2599
Tech Regular

rc_alan can you show me where you made your hole in the stock blocks? Maybe a picture? Thanks in advance if you can.

Mike
Old 10-14-2004, 06:17 AM   #2600
Tech Rookie

Hi guys!! I made it over here from rcaction with a little help from Budlight... So I have a new e-class on the way, alpha starter box, team magic pipe, trinity battery, k-factory updated stearing system. I think I'm getting the sirio evo2, but am a little tempted by the rex rer 3-port a few more dollars though. Does the e-class come with the yellow pullies, carbon fiber front bumper can you tell me what k-factory parts it does come with? Can you fit a novak synth reciever in the car or should I get a micro of some sort? Can't wait to set up my new ride and post some pics Woot~! Thanks for any answers to all my questions!

Kyosho 777 - RBws72 - P5 RB mod
RC10GT - sirio evo2
G4 - to be announced!
KanaiDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 06:27 AM   #2601
Tech Regular

The eclass doesn't come with the k-factory belts, it comes with the stock black ones. The sirio EVO II is doing awesome now in the world nationals! The kyosho team is running them and they are expected to be in spots 1 - 6 and have 8 out of the top 10 drivers. I have my Jr XS3 synthesised radio in my car. You kinda have to mod the receiver location. This car will only accept micro receivers with the stock setup. It comes with the k-factory anti-roll bars , the push type clutch, and the front oneway, and carbon fiber upper deck and thats about it.

Mike
Old 10-14-2004, 11:40 AM   #2602
Tech Regular

I ordered my V-One-RRR hubs today. $6 for the parts and 2.86 cents shipping from hong kong. They told me 2 - 5 days shipping but comeon you gotta be kidding me

Mike
Old 10-14-2004, 01:11 PM   #2603
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by budlightnmyhand
whats better about those screws than RCSCREWs set? Are they worth 60 USD??

Thanks,
Mike
yes they much lighter and stonger

3Racing-Ride-BRP-Team Orion-XRAY-HUDY-Serpent-Kyosho-Lrp-Speed Passion-MR33-JG-and many more
border r/c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 02:01 PM   #2604
Tech Regular

How much lighter than stock screws or rc screws kit?

Mike
Old 10-14-2004, 09:27 PM   #2605
Tech Adept

kanai dude what you can do with your transmitter is cut out a portion of the carbon topdeck once you get your EVO =)
the receiver will be on a "standing" position since the space for the receiver is somewhat limited. im also using the jr xs3 receiver which is somewhat HUGE but works for me without the hassle of frequency problems. just keep it locked thru large zipties strapped on the k factory blue plate. happy building!
Mr. Shims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 09:47 PM   #2606
Tech Regular

Do you have any pics mr. shims. i would like to see how you have yours mounted. I still have mine laying flat ( since the whole point of the car is to lower the center of gravity. It would be interesting to see how you have yours mounted. Thanks,
Mike
Old 10-14-2004, 09:54 PM   #2607
Tech Adept

ill take pics as soon as i can, the receiver stands in between the throttle and brake rods. the weight of the few mm above the top deck wont change the cg that much imo. another plus is the receiver has more protection from sideswipes or big crashes compared to the flat position since the jr is somewhat bulky.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:02 PM   #2608
Tech Regular

i guess jr came out with a new rx the 310 and it is supposed to be smaller, which one do you have the 300 like me??

Mike
Old 10-14-2004, 10:06 PM   #2609
Tech Adept

yeah i think mine is the 300, ill take a pic and show how it looks. it aint pretty but it serves the purpose.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:10 PM   #2610
Tech Regular

did you just get your car or have you had it for a while? I have had mine for a while but i wont' take it to the track till it can go more than 20 min in my driveway without something retarded breakding ( i'm pretty sure my car is almost bullet proof, once i get my new steering mod and the RRR blocks). I'm going to race in the west series next year. I think it will be alot of fun, i have the join the ROAR though but oh well. I'm just trying to bullet proof my car right now. WHen the right price comes along on a new g4 evo II or one of rd logics set ups i'm going to pick one up for spares.

Mike