R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-11-2004, 04:31 PM   #2581
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by cvccsi
Yes. The new RRR front hub is different than the old ones.
Where can i order those hubs from?

Thanks,
Mike
budlightnmyhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 04:48 PM   #2582
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default shocks

Mike, did you get my mail?
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 05:10 PM   #2583
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by budlightnmyhand
Where can i order those hubs from?

Thanks,
Mike
I believe the part number is VZ201 (need to check with I go home) and you can order it from RC-Uinon.com or RCmodel.com.hk.
cvccsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 11:22 PM   #2584
Tech Adept

I don't know if anyone has seen this before or how much help it would be, but I came across it while I was surfing tonight thought I would throw it up for anyone who wants to check it out.

This is a conversion charts of sorts, shows what Kyosho parts will fit the G4. (note this is for a brand called 3Racing, I have used some of their parts and they are good quality.)

http://radio.rcmart.com/npnuke/modul...wcontent&id=90

Hope it helps.

Bryan
Pitstops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 11:32 PM   #2585
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Post there is a TM driver at the worlds

here's a pic of the photo shoot held during the opening ceremonies at the IFMAR 2004 Worlds bein held at Brazil now...
not sure if this is Luca Piromalli but as you can see this guy is wearing a TM shirt
XTREMERCHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 04:37 AM   #2586
Tech Regular

Hey bryan, Nice to see your checking out this forum . I can never find pics or videos about 1/10 racing or where to order those damn hubs!!! Can anyone let me know where to get those RRR hubs?

Thanks a bunch,
Mike
Old 10-12-2004, 07:27 AM   #2587
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to tl2111
Default Re: Re: ATTENTION! New K Factory Steering Arms SUCK!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Dynamite
and i thought i was imagining it... lol i hadn't gorne to as much detail as to work out why yet. however the new steering system is a mega improvement over the old sliding type and i do have better steering compared to before i changed the steering system and blocks - i might change to origional blocks and see the difference in steering performance. all i have done was wind back the steering % to about 75-80% of full lock, which was enough not to encounter the problem on the bench which i also found i needed to do anyway to stop the tyres from cutting into the shock ball cups which connect the shocks onto the front lower arms...

i did notice with the new steering and blocks that at hard left the steering raised itself up... now i know why lol, thank god they were only 10 bucks for the blocks...
Dynamite
check with your dogbone and track width first before you do anything, dogbone is bit too long for anything less then 198mm width dont use any oring, best change it to CVD. To test take the dogbone out and turn the block hard right and left, check whether it will till up on both direction.
to setup make sure both side are equal and the dogbone is not binding the steering block movement, dont use your eyes to measure as someone did, measure from the edge of the hex wheel adaptor to the middle of the chassis for each side and see whether you can make any different or have any binding.
*8th**4PX***OS Speed XZ-R
*10th**4PX***OS Speed XZ
tl2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 09:10 AM   #2588
Tech Fanatic

tl2111... Great post and tip.. I use CVD'S front and rear on my G4's... always have... While some are reporting problems and some are just jumping on the band wagon... I'm not having any problems with my steering, steering setup or belt rubbing the steering rack what so ever... That's not to say something is not happening, but I would suggest if we all work at this and put our heads together, this can be a very easy fix or easy work around. Why slam K-factory and TM on the boards??? There's are better ways at going at this then slamming and flaming on every post... I do understand folks frustrations and there right to say how they feel. I wish we could start a tread just for the purpose of posting work arounds, fixes, and bullet proofing of the G4... Every car I've had has has some kind of issues... NTC3... R40... Mugen MTX3... I don't see Serpent 710 owners, NTC3, nor MTX3 owners posting about there cars flaws like G4 owners... To bullet proof the MTX3, you have to use quite a few 1/8 MRX3 parts and still there belts from there 1/8 scale car loose there teeth and snap... The NTC3 has had plastic issues from day 1... and all will say is the most fragle of all Nitro cars... One little bump... There goes another A-arm... I can go on, but I'm trying to show something here... Every car has issues... The G4 is no different and really the problems some are having with there new steering system setup, I believe can be fixed... RD Logics just got this car and are going by what is posted on the treads... ie. what posters are posting here... I'll be at Revelation this Thursday, if BoCal or Motorman want to drive my car and check and see how I have it built, they are more then welcome too... They're both rep's of RD Logics, so fixes and new parts info might come from there input... Hopefully, there can be a seperate thread started on work-arounds and fixes, so that we can leave this forum for more positive posting... and problems and fixes can started in a different forum...

RC_Alan

Last edited by rc_alan; 10-12-2004 at 09:17 AM.
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 10:24 AM   #2589
Tech Regular

Alan, I can remember a time not too long ago when you were on a personal crusade over the steering rack and that such a design flaw is inexcusable and went on about it ad nauseum. Now, I've pointed out a truly provable, inexcusable design flaw in the steering arms, a problem that has been causing problems with the car's handling, and you blow it off as "slamming" or "jumping on the bandwagon"? You gotta be kidding me!

I'm starting to see your M.O. : when you have a problem then TM needs to throw all resources at it until it's fixed; when anyone else has a problem it's all in their head and just because your car is working fine then all else is fine.

I've posted the pictures; there's definitely a design flaw in the steering blocks. It affects the handling of the car. It's not the dogbone length. It happens with NO dogbone installed. The parts are crap! K Factory needs to get flamed for it because they let obvious crap out of their doors that any QC inspector worth half a nickel could have caught.

And why slam them on the boards? Because the only answer you get from them is "Thanks for bringing that up". And it ends right there. That's pathetic, and if it has to be brought up in a forum, then so be it, that's what a forum is for.

I'm all for getting the car improved and have posted along those lines many times, and will continue to do so, but this problem is hardly just slamming someone or jumping on the bandwagon. I've been driving the bandwagon, as you have as well. Your posting on here that someone else's REAL problem is nonexistant or contrived is totally counterproductive when considering getting issues with the car fixed.

I'm glad the RD Logics guys are getting involved and I'm not in any way directing ANY comments towards them as far as the car, it's support, and it's issues. I'm sure they will get them worked out. In the meantime, anybody buying the faulty steering blocks is getting screwed out of their money and their time and you seem to be happy with it!?! Makes no sense.
KMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 01:40 PM   #2590
Tech Addict

Default New Titanium screw set for G4

New Titanium screw set for G4
complete set for G4
http://shop.the-border.nl/customer/p...256&cat=&page=

3Racing-Ride-BRP-Team Orion-XRAY-HUDY-Serpent-Kyosho-Lrp-Speed Passion-MR33-JG-and many more
border r/c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 01:52 PM   #2591
Tech Regular

whats better about those screws than RCSCREWs set? Are they worth 60 USD??

Thanks,
Mike
Old 10-12-2004, 02:13 PM   #2592
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Steering blocks

KMAC.....If you put the stock blocks back on the car you will see they do the same thing so its not just the new steering the stock blocks do it as well. Nick is aware of the problem. I will try and get an answer from him tonight on what the solution will be.
peakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 02:21 PM   #2593
Tech Regular

i believe that rcscrews are stainless steel, titanium screws are considerably lighter in weight.

i made my own set up From Here
www.DHmodelsport.co.uk
jas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 02:28 PM   #2594
Tech Regular

Default Stock blocks just as bad as new ones

Now that you mention it my stock blocks did the exact same thing. I though it was just my imagination or i did something wrong since i was new to RC. I will check my car out later and see if they still do it. I think i might have used my dremmel a little bit and with some schlitznmymitts i goterdone

Mike
Old 10-12-2004, 03:05 PM   #2595
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have installed a set of RRR front knuckle onto the G4 and it fits well. I don't have time to run my car so I am not able to give any feedback at this time. Maybe some of you can try it too.
cvccsi is offline   Reply With Quote