Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 01:47 AM
Tech Initiate

`Well Pimp My Ride !!!`

Old 10-10-2004, 01:54 AM
Tech Initiate

DOH !!
hmmm..Trying to show pics of my car but i`ve got it wrong ..again.
can anyone help ?

Thanks again dino - i`m halfway there !
Old 10-10-2004, 03:42 AM
Tech Initiate

And another thing -

I thought i would check up on the TM forum to see if they had any answers to my Q`s and guess what - My replys have `Dissapeared `.
Maybe they did`nt like my question about their returns policy for faulty items.
....No money back, No Guarantee...
Now thats what i call `customer care `.
Old 10-10-2004, 03:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default G4 at the worlds???

any G4 driver entering at the worlds???
Old 10-10-2004, 05:25 AM
Tech Regular

Does anyone know of a replacement part that i might be able to get at my local hobby shop off another car that would replace the servo saver arm on the sliding steering rack? Mine broke where the 4mm bolt goes into it from the top. It split in half. It looks kind of like a generic part that might have a temporary fix just for today.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 10-10-2004, 05:31 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: ATTENTION! New K Factory Steering Arms SUCK!!

Originally posted by KMac
I put the new arms on my car about a week ago and have had nothing but problems; no matter what I do the car pushes!!!

I finally put my car on a stand and cycle the steering from hard left to hard right. When I do the left suspension raises up at full lock!?!?!? WTF? So I take the arms off and compare them and lo and behold the geometry on the left is totally different than on the right!?!?!

Does anybody elses' look like this? Surely, they must, unless these are molded in a multiple cavity mold and I got a steering arm from a bad cavity.

Check this pic out:

Notice how the ball ends on the left steering arm (the one on the right in the pic) can't travel as far as on the right arm. This is what is causing the left suspension to lift!!! Also notice how much wider area "B" is than area "A", and how line "C" is tilted much more than line "D".

This SUCKS!!!!!! I can't believe anyone with the new steering arms is getting good performance.

K Factory, you owe some people some new parts!!!!!!!!

and i thought i was imagining it... lol i hadn't gorne to as much detail as to work out why yet. however the new steering system is a mega improvement over the old sliding type and i do have better steering compared to before i changed the steering system and blocks - i might change to origional blocks and see the difference in steering performance. all i have done was wind back the steering % to about 75-80% of full lock, which was enough not to encounter the problem on the bench which i also found i needed to do anyway to stop the tyres from cutting into the shock ball cups which connect the shocks onto the front lower arms...

i did notice with the new steering and blocks that at hard left the steering raised itself up... now i know why lol, thank god they were only 10 bucks for the blocks...
Old 10-10-2004, 10:46 AM
Nitro Tech

Originally posted by Tooned G4
DOH !!
hmmm..Trying to show pics of my car but i`ve got it wrong ..again.
can anyone help ?

Thanks again dino - i`m halfway there !
Change to another "publicly accessible" web server. This photo album not allow you to link because of bandwidth usage.
Old 10-10-2004, 01:01 PM
Tech Adept

HI all, I am new to RCTech, but not new to R/C I found out about this forum on another board, and need some help with some of the problems with the G4, I sat down last night and began reading this forum, and sometime around 2:30 am and page 23 I guess I fell asleep and got woke up by my 3 year old at 6 am sitting in the same place.

So I wanted to see if someone could kind of list the problems that you all have had with the car. and maybe some of the fixes you know. I am replacing my steering rack with the Kfactory unit this week.

Thanks,
Bryan
Old 10-10-2004, 02:54 PM
Tech Regular

Default G4 wins UK BRCA 1/10th ic Scale rubber championship

Congrulations to Darren Johnson, driving his G4 to victory today in the last round of the scale rubber championship at tibby, and taking the overall championship win. the best 6 of 8 rounds to count, TQ'd 2 rounds and won 4
nice one darren, well deserved, all the hard work payed off
Old 10-10-2004, 03:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by dino.tw
Change to another "publicly accessible" web server. This photo album not allow you to link because of bandwidth usage.
Could you recomend a web server please.
Thanks.

p.s Does anyone have a wet setup for rubber as the winter series is upon us in here the U.K and i am interested what tyres/inserts you guys use.
At the moment i am using Sorex for both, but do any of the treaded tyres work or are they only for carpark bashers?
What shock mount holes should i use on a cold , wet , large & rather bumpy track.

Thats all folks,Cheers.
Old 10-10-2004, 03:28 PM
Tech Regular

Could you recomend a web server please.
Thanks.

p.s Does anyone have a wet setup for rubber as the winter series is upon us in here the U.K and i am interested what tyres/inserts you guys use.
At the moment i am using Sorex for both, but do any of the treaded tyres work or are they only for carpark bashers?
What shock mount holes should i use on a cold , wet , large & rather bumpy track.

Thats all folks,Cheers.
when i run my car in the wet i basically run the dry set-up, and take the roll bars off if i'm running them, and maybe a softer spring on the front end.
if the track is really wet you want a set of narrow pit D20 treaded tyre, these tyres are a must, but unfortunetly they have stopped making them, so if you find any for sale i would snap them up, should be some left in the uk somewhere.
if the track is patchy(wet and dry) can be a bit hit and miss, but wide pit D20 slicks are worth a try.
if your running in the dry, but cold i run either take off 22 echo medium thick insert and ing rims or ing 22 echo medium thick insert and ing rim.

which track are you racing at?
Old 10-10-2004, 06:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default for sale

Check out my for sale pst guys. I am giving up on nitro. I am open to offers.
Old 10-11-2004, 12:20 AM
Tech Initiate

I am at Brooklands Jas and our last meet was almost wet enough for boats.
How narrow are pit20`s . Do they use 24mm rims ?
I have tried Ing rims (& tyres) in the dry but found the rims shattered easily from the slightest knock.I have now gone back to proline wabash as these have a nice amount of flex.
I am going to try thin inserts in 20`s next time.

Any more tips anyone ?
Old 10-11-2004, 06:17 AM
Nitro Tech

Any more tips anyone ?

See the attachment,I modified the 2 speed shoes...
Attached Thumbnails Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type-mod-2speed-shoes1.jpg  
Old 10-11-2004, 06:19 AM
Nitro Tech

So I can adjust the slot....
Attached Thumbnails Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type-mod-2speed-shoes2.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.