R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-05-2004, 03:27 PM   #2506
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by dino.tw

I'm using this new steering block(#K1481) with the new steering system. I can tell you the steering is HUGE. Don't need to modify the bulkheads or shortening the wheelbase .
i didn't make the wheelbase adjustable just for the new steering system, but its there if i ever need it when dialing in my car.
www.DHmodelsport.co.uk
jas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 03:29 PM   #2507
Tech Elite

Quote:
Uncle Sow,

I only use the inner link hole. Only ran my car two days. And my car always spin at corners
Dino, I think the inner holes give far too much steering lock from the looks of it. It is still useable but you'll need to experiment with camber. You get the right camber (everything else being in good shape of course) and it'll be very good.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:34 PM   #2508
Tech Apprentice

Default New Steering System and Front Belts

To all in the forum, here is an approach regarding what is happening with the new steering system and front belts. Since this is a forum, you can decided what information you'd like to use or disregard.

The clearance between the bottom of the Front Belt (where the teeth are pointing upwards) and the bottom of the new bellcrank steering system is about 1mm on the left side. The new steering bellcrank system has a buttonhead bolt that sticks down just above the teeth of the front belt. When the car is under load, the underside of the front belt tightens up and moves upward towards the button head bolt. The front belt teeth are then dragged across the button head bolt. This can and will eventually ruin a belt. (Private mail if interested in photos or assistance).

The "Temporary" fix for this situation is to grind the button head bolt down until it is very thin. You shoud leave just enough material on the button head to still be able to adjust the button head with your 2mm driver. If you're a perfectionist, you can purchase specialty bolts from your local metric hardware supply (AAA Metric in Denver), that have a special flat heads. These bolts are perfectly flat and offer great strength, but they are very expensive. These options will give you around 3mm blet clearance, which should be more adequate.

Hope this helps solve some other peoples concerns with the new front end.
rcoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 05:26 AM   #2509
Tech Regular

I am still haveing trouble with my fricken shocks. The bottom of the shock body itself has cracked and i can't put the little clip in to keep the on rings in the bottom of the shock.

I was wondering if anyone has tried the serpent 710 shocks on this car. It would be cool if they would fit becuase they have adjustable dampening.

If anyone has any pics or any info on where i can get them it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
budlightnmyhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 05:34 AM   #2510
Tech Master

I personally think it would just be better of to come up with totally a new car, G4-2005 maybe? an improve on everything to make it the most desirable car available.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 05:37 AM   #2511
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by budlightnmyhand
I am still haveing trouble with my fricken shocks. The bottom of the shock body itself has cracked and i can't put the little clip in to keep the on rings in the bottom of the shock.

I was wondering if anyone has tried the serpent 710 shocks on this car. It would be cool if they would fit becuase they have adjustable dampening.

If anyone has any pics or any info on where i can get them it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
You wont be able to use the S710 shocks, but I bet Xray T1 shocks will fit nicely..
Old 10-06-2004, 06:35 AM   #2512
Tech Regular

Do the ones off the x-ray h ave adjustable dampening like the s710's do?

Thanks,
Mike
budlightnmyhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 08:14 AM   #2513
Nitro Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Dino, I think the inner holes give far too much steering lock from the looks of it. It is still useable but you'll need to experiment with camber. You get the right camber (everything else being in good shape of course) and it'll be very good.
Tested my car today. It turns in very fast when off-power. But pushing when on-power. any suggestion? thicker diff. oil first?
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 08:35 AM   #2514
Tech Master

Quote:
Do the ones off the x-ray h ave adjustable dampening like the s710's do?

Thanks,
Mike
Xrays damper is 99% exactly the same with serpent in terms of construction. Why xray will fit? they are all the same lenght for F and R (since T1 EVO2) while the serpent are in different lenght between F and R.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:44 AM   #2515
Tech Fanatic

dino.tw.. Don't know your setup or track conditions, but I would first check my front toe and shocks... Set your front toe with a setup station to zero degress. To much toe out will have you turn in very well off power, but push on power... Also, if your front end is to hard, your car will push as well... I would try a softer front spring and go with a lighter shock oil... Are you running rubber tires or foams??? I don't know what shock wt. oil you're using 50wt, 60wt, 70wt. ??? Is the track you're running on a high bite/ prepared track??? I could help you if I knew these details... Are you running the old slidder steering system or the new swing rack? If you're running the new swing rack, I would run the new steering blocks... They add alot more steering and will cut down on your car pushing on power... They'll also help you attack the track by driving the car harder through turns... I hope these tips help and if you could fill in the blanks on how your car is setup and what kind of track you're running on, I'm sure I or someone here can help you.. Good luck

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 08:55 AM   #2516
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
Tested my car today. It turns in very fast when off-power. But pushing when on-power. any suggestion? thicker diff. oil first?
Seems you are having on-power understeer right?? Try these changes in this order first:

TWEAK
SOFTER TIRES ON FRONT
SOFTER SPRINGS ON FRONT
MORE NEGATIVE CAMBER ON FRONT
REDUCE FRONT HEIGHT
LESS DROOP ON FRONT
SOFTER FRONT SWAY BAR
REDUCE TOE-OUT ON FRONT
MORE VERTICAL SHOCK POSITION ON FRONT
MORE CASTER

If none of these work, then check your diff oil's thickness

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 10:33 AM   #2517
Tech Adept

Question: Does anyone know if the rear diff for the G4 is the same as a Reflex NT (in terms of physical size/specs)? I see K Factory offers a rear ball diff for the G4 and I'm interested in getting one for my Reflex NT but don't know if it will drop in or not. LMK if any of you have had both. I asked this in the V one R thread and it was suggested I post my question here too.

-John
Luckyman4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 01:08 PM   #2518
Tech Regular

i think you will find that the g4 basically runs on kyosho v one r (and i'm presuming the v1r is the same as the nt) running gear, same diffs and pulleys, i have a kyosho diff with tcd gears in it and that fits find. so i would say it will, but dont send me the bill if it doesn't
www.DHmodelsport.co.uk
jas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 01:17 PM   #2519
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

Thanks,
Mike
Mike, I would suggest using Kyosho shocks. They're some of the best in the industry. I think the G4's come from the same factory. From my experience, the Serpent shocks are much more fragile_plastic bodies. I broke 3 of them in one season. Never broke any Kyosho shocks in 3 yrs.
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 03:42 PM   #2520
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Luckyman4
Question: Does anyone know if the rear diff for the G4 is the same as a Reflex NT (in terms of physical size/specs)? I see K Factory offers a rear ball diff for the G4 and I'm interested in getting one for my Reflex NT but don't know if it will drop in or not. LMK if any of you have had both. I asked this in the V one R thread and it was suggested I post my question here too.

-John
I have owned both models (RNT & G4) and the rear diffs are interchangeable.
blue dragon is offline   Reply With Quote