R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-07-2004, 07:41 PM   #2326
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to chicky03

Thanks guys.

I am going to get my setup on here in a few days. I still have to unpack.

I ran 20/51 and 25/46. For sure a 20 and 25 tooth pinion but you may need to go higher on the spurs. Depends on the track and engine.

Paul
chicky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 08:47 PM   #2327
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Adam Hartzell

Paul--Nice job!! See ya on the carpet soon.
Adam Hartzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 09:40 PM   #2328
Tech Adept

Default Re: should I buy G4

Quote:
Originally posted by mhl0521
been running a reflex in novice class and doing pretty good....TQ the last three races. Going to move up a class next year and thinking about a G4....no one is running one at our track and no local HS support...I don't mind that so much as I want to make sure the car is competitive. Most of the guys are running MTX3 and Serpents.....help me out here, I want to stick with something and not jump around from mfg to mfg.

thanks
The G4 should be the most value for money.Excellent handling out of the box,robust and fast makes the G4 on par with MTX3 and Serpent if not better.MTX3 is a very good car but it's also more expensive than G4 .
Zizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 04:09 AM   #2329
Tech Regular

mhl0521, ygpm
owens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 05:50 AM   #2330
Tech Regular

Raul,

Their price is approximately $35 US, + a few more bones for shipping and it's approximately $15 US more than what it's going for at other places.

I've got no problem with Border, and in fact have ordered quite a bit from them, but that price itself seems out of line.
KMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 07:31 AM   #2331
Tech Rookie

Quote:
The G4 should be the most value for money.Excellent handling out of the box,robust and fast makes the G4 on par with MTX3 and Serpent if not better.MTX3 is a very good car but it's also more expensive than G4 .
Thanks, the price has been appealing, can pick up a G4 on E-Bay significantly cheaper than the others, but if the car was not up to par with the others it would not have been worth the savings. Looks like a great car to step up to, and half the fun is going against the norm!

mark
mhl0521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 01:23 PM   #2332
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by KMac
Raul,

Their price is approximately $35 US, + a few more bones for shipping and it's approximately $15 US more than what it's going for at other places.

I've got no problem with Border, and in fact have ordered quite a bit from them, but that price itself seems out of line.
the prices are always higher in europe, and especially in the uk where i live, now in the uk the problem is the cost of import duties and vat, i'm sure you will find its a similar problem in europe.
i have just paid for 1 in the us, and cost me $47 inc. postage, so its not really any cheaper to buy in the us or europe,
www.DHmodelsport.co.uk
jas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 07:53 PM   #2333
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to RCNUT
Default Kmac

The reason the prices are high is because it is very expensive to have things shipped from tiawan. My last order was only about 3 lbs total weight from tiawan and it cost $75 just to get it here. When you account for that when I ordered 20 pieces, I have to add $3 to the price just to get my shipping costs back. And it is the same the other way around. People from england buy from me also because when I sell the steering for $30 and shipping 3-5 day is $15 it is still cheaper when they convert it to what they pay for it over there.
RCNUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 01:13 PM   #2334
Tech Initiate

At the moment Border is the only place that stocks every hopup / spare part (especially the new stuff ) anywhere near the U.K.
It is also cheaper even after the postage than my local shop and takes just 2 days to deliver.Now i would love to support my local hobby shop, but not at the expense of my bank balance.If it wasnt for Border i would still be waiting for the first part that broke 2 months later.Whatever and however the guys at Border do it puts some (i stress `SOME`) hobby stores to shame. Take note U.K shop owners : You support us -We support you !!
Tooned G4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 01:34 PM   #2335
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by jas1
the prices are always higher in europe, and especially in the uk where i live, now in the uk the problem is the cost of import duties and vat, i'm sure you will find its a similar problem in europe.
i have just paid for 1 in the us, and cost me $47 inc. postage, so its not really any cheaper to buy in the us or europe,
It's not only the additional taxes but also the currency exchange rate of the Euro vs. the USD. Approx. a year ago 1 Euro cost approx. 0,85 USD, on this moment it cost 1,20 USD. That's the main difference. If the US economy will grow faster than Europe's parts become a lot cheaper for non-European Union citizens.
herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 07:05 PM   #2336
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to nickko

Paul Ciccarello's setup in the ROAR Nationals.

http://www.teammagic.com.tw/phpBB2/v...hp?p=2223#2223
nickko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 02:37 PM   #2337
Tech Apprentice

Default Missing Parts (Help from Group...)

Hello all,

I am a new G4 owner, and my car kit was missing a few select parts. I spoke with Mike at RC Nuts, and he suggested I post a request on the board.

I am looking for the plastic center steering servo mount (PN502219). He indicated most people have upgraded to the aluminum mounts, so I'm hoping someone will have an old plastic spare.

If anyone can help, send me an e-mail or a private message and I'll send you my address and information.

Thanks in advance,
Eric Davis
rcoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 10:06 PM   #2338
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by mhl0521
.... but if the car was not up to par with the others it would not have been worth the savings. Looks like a great car to step up to, and half the fun is going against the norm!

mark
The G4 is certainly on par with the rest.Probably better.I owned MTX3,S710,V1RR evo and the G4.The G4 is my main car due to its handling and reliability issue as well as fast.Just my personal opinion...
Zizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 05:29 AM   #2339
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default G4!

Hi Guys...

I ran my new Team Magic G4 Evo today for the first time and for it's first outing it was very impressive. I do need some assistence though with setup. I am running on concrete that is also bumpy

Todays setup:

Frnt:

Shock Oil: 30wt
Spring: Evo standard
Toe: 0
Camber: -2 degrees
Ride Height: 5mm
Caster: clips all at back (as per manual)
Droop: 0mm
Sway Bar: soft
Shock tower: Lower

Rear:

Shock Oil: 30wt
Spring: Evo standard
Toe: -2 degrees on both sides
Camber: -2 degrees
Ride Height: 5mm
Droop: 4mm
Roll Centre: standard
Shock Tower: lower
Sway bar: Soft

Oh... and i am running rubber tyres of course.

My problem is that initial turn is good, but mid corner and low speed corners the car will push. And getting towards the end of the fuel load the rear tyres will go off an they are the hottest range i can get

Assistence appreciated..

BB
Old 09-12-2004, 08:24 AM   #2340
Regional Moderator

Try using the uppermost position for both shock position for rubber tyres
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote