R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-20-2004, 06:20 AM   #2146
Regional Moderator

What spring is that? Is that yokomo fluorescent orange Spring?
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 06:45 AM   #2147
Tech Regular

No i just got the reflex springs. Does anyone know if the reflex shocks will work on this car. I busted one of the bottoms of the shocks some how and i just want to replace them all. Has anyone used those shock sets off ebay. I see them on there are the time. The guy starts the auctions at like 9.99 for a set of 2 of them. Just wondering if they will work or if i should get the reflex shock sets or is there some other shock set that will work. I'm talking the whole setup not just spring, but everything.

THanks,
Mike
budlightnmyhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 07:40 AM   #2148
Tech Regular

Mike, nice car, the body looks great

rc_alan, why are you making a steering fix event when the TM one is coming out soon?? It looks nice though, i hope you didn't have to do a lot of parts grinding due to lack of fitting.
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 08:15 AM   #2149
Tech Fanatic

Bballer, I prefer a bellcrank steering system... It's still a work in progress. I'm having a piece custom made to fit the servo arm to the bellcrank... I'll share everything with you guys once the car is complete.. The person doing the work for me asked me not post his screen name nor mention who he is... I'll say this, he doesn't drive the G4... He's a medical equipment designer... Can't say anymore then that... Oh, i'm very aware that TM is coming out with there own steering upgrade for the G4 sometime in Aug 04... Remember, I posted the other pics of the G4 steering conversion.... I'll test my own upgrade and post back how everything works and drives... and you guys can post if there is any difference in the TM system... Not short term.. Long term. Anything new should work just fine... What's important is will the steering systems endure an entire race season??? If TM's upgrade works, I'll buy one for my other car... I can only drive one car at a time and right now I have 3... lol When my G4 is complete, I'll put the Mugen down for a short while to really test out the G4. My Mugen is set up like prospect level and it drives GREAT!!! I'll join another web hosting sit so I can post the steering pics now and once everything is complete... You know, a lot of guys gave up on the G4 along time ago with all the headaches over the stock steering system... I'm still here

RC_Alan

Last edited by rc_alan; 07-20-2004 at 08:36 AM.
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 08:44 AM   #2150
Tech Fanatic

budlightnmyhand... One thing of note* In your pics, it looks like you're running positive rear camber... You should never run positive camber in the rear of your car... I would go over your car again and if you don't have one, buy a setup station and dial in your car correctly as per the setup sheet that came with you G4. A good safe setting for your rear camber is -3* rear camber...

RC_Alan
Old 07-20-2004, 08:51 AM   #2151
Tech Regular

Thanks for the update rc_alan. The system looks good, and if it doesn't cost too much and works well, i may try it as well. My only concern is the ackerman. i thought about doing something like that, but i thought that it may mess up ackerman. Do you have any ideas on this?? I don't really know much about it
Old 07-20-2004, 09:20 AM   #2152
Tech Fanatic

When it's done, I'll be able to adjust my ackerman.. It's still a work in progress... I just joined picture trail web photo hosting... I have pics there as well... How do I upload pic from there to here???

RC_Alan
Old 07-20-2004, 09:40 AM   #2154
Tech Regular

Looks nice Any idea on pricing??
Old 07-20-2004, 09:25 PM   #2155
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

rc alan great idea, i actually tried it out last month, u will love the steering. my mistake was that i didnt want to wait untill my lhs gets all the parts so i modded the steering lil bit more and ended up with EXCELENT steering that was without actual servo saver. it caught up with me in the a main of nercar race, 15 min into the race in the fight for the 5th place i was bumped and hit the wood, stripped the plastic gear in my sercvo. if everything works out good u will love the steering.

i gave up on g4 and went with mtx3 i still have my g4 but im thinking about selling it.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:34 PM   #2156
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by rc_alan
How do I upload pic from there to here???
You could do like this and use the IMG tag;

InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 10:48 PM   #2157
Tech Fanatic

InitialD... Thanks for posting my pics... I'll have to figure out that IMG tag thing... brooklynrc... The person doing the work is designing a servo saver for the conversion... I hope it all turns out working well.. He's a great guy who just likes to tackle new things... I'm driving the MTX3 right now as well... Dealing with some motor problems... Had a super and I mean super fast TS3 that was losing compression... Had the sleeve pinched and ended up being pinched to tight... I did the pinching... The guy who sold me the tool sold me a tool that was not a good design and ended up pinching to much of the sleeve... That's another story.... I would just suggest to buy a new piston and sleeve when the time comes... I know some have had good success with having there sleeve pinched... Breaking in a new RB v12 turbo 3 port.... That TS3 was just hella fast and with 40% nitro... The motor was crazy... As you can tell I'm not happy with losing that motor.... Anyways... When the car is complete, I'll post everything... Oh, and if the car can be dialed... I might put down the Mugen.... For awhile...

RC_Alan
Old 07-22-2004, 07:11 PM   #2158
Tech Regular

My two speed will not come out of second gear. The two speed is set up as per the manual. Any one have any advice ? I replaced the one way bearing in the housing, and it didn't change anything. I also tightened the two speed, but that didn't help. Crazy thing is that it ran great last week, and I didn't touch a thing.

Thanks
JoeRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 08:32 PM   #2159
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

can anyone email me the coppy of mugen mtx3 manual, i would greately appreciate it. my email is [email protected]
Old 07-23-2004, 05:43 AM   #2160
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by rc_alan
budlightnmyhand... One thing of note* In your pics, it looks like you're running positive rear camber... You should never run positive camber in the rear of your car... I would go over your car again and if you don't have one, buy a setup station and dial in your car correctly as per the setup sheet that came with you G4. A good safe setting for your rear camber is -3* rear camber...

RC_Alan
RC_Alan,
I'm not sure if it is or not running positive. I have the integy setup station. I setup the rear to have 2 degree negative camber. But it was way too loose for me the way i drive. So since i have set everything up to specs i go outside and drive my car and change things to see what effect they have on the handling. I kinda like how it drives right now. It .. well responds well to how i drive. I can check it out though. I don't think i have been able to set my car right up on the setup station because i can't seem to get the shocks to work right. I want to buy new shocks since the bottom of the shock body broke and i can't fit that little clip in there anymore. Do you know of any good shocks from other cars that will work on this car?

Thanks,
Mike
budlightnmyhand is offline   Reply With Quote