R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-21-2003, 09:20 PM   #196
Tech Elite

What the heck, my second gear doesn't even come close to fitting my clutch bell, too big to thread on. Anyone else seen that so far?
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 12:50 PM   #197
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

JohnnyD on the Team Trinity forum expressed this exact issue.

His pinion would not thread on to the clutch bell.

Contact Trinity with your UPC to pend for a replacement.
boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 11:19 AM   #198
Tech Elite

Thanks Boom, I'll try... wish me luck.
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 05:04 AM   #199
Tech Regular

Hello All,
I just bought a G4 Pro from E-Bay the other day, should arrive any day now. I just wanted your opinions on what hop-ups I
really need before I build. I plan on getting the Trinity composite rear diff pulley. I wanted CVD's, will the ones from the Reflex or V-one work? By the way I plan on using a Fantom FR12 03.R with an RD Logics turbo pipe and JR electronics. I am really looking forward to getting it.
Thanks,
DFS
vulso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 10:47 AM   #200
Tech Rookie

Default Shocks Suck?

Quote:
I still stand by my statement and say that the shocks suck. Mainly in the assembly, not so much as the action. Once they are together and adjusted they seem to be alright, but I am still not that impressed by them.
Mainly in the assembly? I don't understand. can you elaborate on your shock gripe please. I am curious as to what you found wrong and maybe what your cure is.

Thanks
Reflex Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 02:26 PM   #201
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Shocks Suck?

Quote:
Originally posted by Reflex Driver
Mainly in the assembly? I don't understand. can you elaborate on your shock gripe please. I am curious as to what you found wrong and maybe what your cure is.

Thanks
I just built one and ended up using Mugen shocks. The problem I encountered when building the shocks was that the clip that holds the seals in wanted to pop out. Another problem is the adjustable collars are almost impossible to adjust, and yes I built them correctly using oil. Thirdly the plastic top of the shock is flimsy, I broke one of them my first time out with the car. I must say that my mugen is hands down a better car in every way. Another thing I dislike is the use of ballcups instead of captured ball ends throughout the car. I also don't think the car has enough steering throw, I think that is why Josh Cyrul uses 2 degrees of front toe out. Other than these complaints the car seems to handle very well. Mine is for sale ($300) if anyone is interested. It only has 25 minutes of runtime on it.
Old 08-28-2003, 02:46 PM   #202
Tech Adept

Default shocks

Well reflex driver, what I mean is that while I was assembling the shocks I found that bleeding them was a chore and the e clip that holds the piston on the shaft was difficult to put on and kept poping off. Also while I was checking my car the other night I noticed some strange movement in the shock. When I took the shock off of the car the shaft came right out of the body because again the e clip popped off of the shaft. And as far as ajusting the collars on the shocks they just plain suck. Since there isn't a tab on the top of the cap the shock body just unscrews when you try to make an adjustment, again this just sucks.
mrodney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 08:53 PM   #203
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default shock dilema

I have to experienced my share of difficulties with the trinity shock. One of mine spins in the cap making adjustments impossible, and the other three are next to impossible to turn the the collars. I too, also used all sorts of methods to turn collars.. The last thing I tried was cutting the oring and removing a small piecew from it. That helped a little. But no real success. I just built the Kyosho Evo RR, and the shocks are much easier to adjust. I just dont know?????????????????????
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 11:38 PM   #204
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

thats kyosho quality for ya
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 07:26 AM   #205
Tech Adept

Default parts

I have had this car for a little over a month and my hobby shop still cant get parts. This is one of the things that I was worried about with buying something that is associated with trinity. What the hell is the problem? They should have a surplus of parts ready before they release a product, this is insane. I have looked into some overseas shops to get the parts, but I really like supporting my local hobby shop, and I like to have parts ready when I need them, instead of having to wait over a week to get a stupid steering knuckle. So if any trinity guy happens to read this get on the ball guys and get some parts for this car imported so that your customers arent screwed.
mrodney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 07:45 AM   #206
Tech Addict

Wink Parts in stock

so why dont try us we have 99% of the parts in stock

3Racing-Ride-BRP-Team Orion-XRAY-HUDY-Serpent-Kyosho-Lrp-Speed Passion-MR33-JG-and many more
border r/c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 06:25 AM   #207
Tech Rookie

Default Parts

I would just like to let everyone know that Trinity does have a full line of replacement part as well as the K-factory hop-up parts. If you local shop does not have them in stock , it could be that they are not ordering. Parts are readily available.

Slam
Slamdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 03:30 PM   #208
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

slam: I have to disagree. I have had on order (for close to 2 months) several parts for my G4 through my hobbyshop (hobbytown). The distributor is Great Planes or Horizon and neither of them have parts I am looking for. Still saying NYA (not yet available).

I did however (just yesterday) order some of those parts from shopatron. They did say the item was available. Hopefully I will get them.

I think the problem right now may be distribution more than anything.
rodneybarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 07:45 AM   #209
Tech Fanatic

Bump.
EVOLUTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 08:12 PM   #210
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by EVOLUTION
Bump.
Thanks, did not realize before
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote