R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-08-2004, 09:42 AM   #2071
Nitro Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by IDrinkNitro
any idea when this steering system will be available? I might need to reconsider which new Kit I purchase
As I knew it will come out next month and also has conversion kit for previous owners.
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 10:01 AM   #2072
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

looks identical to ntc3 steering rack but rails are still there. how exactly is it going to function? what role do those rails play in the new design?
brooklynrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 11:03 AM   #2073
Nitro Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by rbboy
dino.tw: is that the prototype steering that team magic is working on? looks like the railing is still there huh... i wonder how it works and when it will be out in the market. my steering in my evo is okay so far... i give it a buff once in awhile with a metal polisher using a dremel and it really helps remove the groove on the railing!
Nick told me that is just a nylon prototype. I think it is same as ntc3 steering rack. And I thought that rails just for strengthening the bulkheads. I'm not sure...
Old 07-08-2004, 11:36 AM   #2074
Tech Addict

Wink Re: Spy Shoot

Quote:
Originally posted by dino.tw

Nick just release this pix...
hi Dino your to fast for me hihihi
this steering system will be for sale in august

3Racing-Ride-BRP-Team Orion-XRAY-HUDY-Serpent-Kyosho-Lrp-Speed Passion-MR33-JG-and many more
border r/c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 12:28 PM   #2075
Nitro Tech

Default Re: Re: Spy Shoot

Quote:
Originally posted by border r/c
hi Dino your to fast for me hihihi
this steering system will be for sale in august
I support all Taiwanese Products!
Old 07-08-2004, 04:24 PM   #2076
Tech Fanatic

SPY SHOT... I was told it was suppose to look somewhat like the Mugen MTX3 design... I still see the rails in place... As long as the rails serve no function except to reenforce the front bulk head... I'm fine with it... You really can't see everything in that one pic... If the conversion is somewhat like the NTC3 or LD3... I can work with that, but nothing steers as smooth like a Serpent or Mugen... I'll pass judgement later when I see more pics from different angles... I also heard that there is already a different steering setup for the G4 being sold in Tiawan and has been out for the past 3 months... Not from TM... As you all can tell, I'm way past waiting... Aug 04... I want to race my G4 now....

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 06:13 PM   #2077
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)
Default Trinity G4 E-Class Pro

I know this isn't the 4sale post but I think someone might be interested. I have a G4 E-Class that was used for 3 qualifiers and the A-main it comes with a painted Stratus reference body, reciever pack, 7 sets of springs, a bottle of silicone diff fluid. The car is awesome but I'm not able to run this season. I am asking $250. Anyone interested can email me at [email protected]
gonzo416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 02:59 AM   #2078
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by rc_alan
SPY SHOT... I was told it was suppose to look somewhat like the Mugen MTX3 design... I still see the rails in place... As long as the rails serve no function except to reenforce the front bulk head... I'm fine with it... You really can't see everything in that one pic... If the conversion is somewhat like the NTC3 or LD3... I can work with that, but nothing steers as smooth like a Serpent or Mugen... I'll pass judgement later when I see more pics from different angles... I also heard that there is already a different steering setup for the G4 being sold in Tiawan and has been out for the past 3 months... Not from TM... As you all can tell, I'm way past waiting... Aug 04... I want to race my G4 now....

RC_Alan
Hi Alan do you know from wich company you have see the other steering set ?
ps i will ask TM for different pics

3Racing-Ride-BRP-Team Orion-XRAY-HUDY-Serpent-Kyosho-Lrp-Speed Passion-MR33-JG-and many more
border r/c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 07:52 AM   #2079
Tech Fanatic

border r/c... A friend of mine just came back from Taiwan, we were chatting at a lhs and asked me about my G4... I told him I was driving a Mugen MTX3 now and was waiting for the steering conversion/update for the G4... He inform me that there was a steering conversion already out for the G4 in Taiwan, but it was not by TM... He drives a Mugen and Kyosho but, couldn't remember the name of the company that did the conversion. He said that it had been out for 3 plus months now... I'll do some research on this as well... My friend also said he saw a link to it on another RC chat forum, but didn't save the link... He doesn't the G4... So border r/c, if you have any contacts in Taiwan or know anyone doing work on the G4.... Can you do some research as well??? Thanks... I'll post back as soon as get some quailty infomation on this...

RC_Alan
Old 07-09-2004, 11:22 AM   #2080
Tech Regular

Can we pre-order this, if you can stick me on the list first

Mike
budlightnmyhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 06:29 PM   #2081
Tech Fanatic

This is the steering conversion my friend said he saw and dino.tw
was nice enough to post the pics on another thread... Thanks... :-) This is what the Steering conversion should looks like... I see it came from a TM link... Border R/C.... Any luck locating the other company??? Check out the pics and let me know if you've seen this before... Calling all Taiwanese racers... Any and all help locating this hop-up for the G4 would be greatly appreicated!!!

RC_Alan

[/B][/QUOTE]

If this is indeed one of TM's steering hop-ups... This is the one we all need to have and the one that needs to be released... If not TM, then who is making this???

Last edited by rc_alan; 07-09-2004 at 06:41 PM.
Old 07-09-2004, 09:07 PM   #2082
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default steerin update

I dont know about you guy's, but everyone is going crazy abou this steering. Both conversion look good, but I dont see a SERVO SAVER, I see bellcranks on one, and a pivot to mount tierods on on another one. THis will only solve half the problem, because I have other racers coming to me and asking, have you broken any servo's? They mean that the servo gear shears off of the servo. That is where a servo saver is to come into play. I personally, have my saver locked, but that is my choice., not TM or any taiwanese aftermarket's choice. I welcome the changes, but go all the way, dont do it half you know what TM.!!!
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 09:46 PM   #2083
Tech Regular

Based on the pic of the TM upgrade, the servo saver is built into the arm of the slider just like the original.
KMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 11:49 PM   #2084
Tech Initiate

Those pictures in Alan's post were posted by Nick in the TM forums back in May.

Based on what's said in the TM forum, the system was designed by the Italians and based on the XRAY steering system.
crunch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 12:39 AM   #2085
Tech Fanatic

It's funny how the Italian's will get something from somebody else and make it better... ie the car... Ford or Ferrari... OS. motors or Novarossi motors... lol Just joking... But you see where I'm going with this... If indeed an Italian company design this steering system, it would be nice to know who and where to buy one.... border R/C... The system looks very close to a Mugen MTX3... and my Mugen drives sweet!!! As for the TM design... I got a PM about it from TM... I'll just say that I would like to have both options open to me to chose which one to buy... I have 2 G4's... I would try both in each car... But if I had to choose.. I would go with the Italian design and drop the rail thing all together... Everyone else uses a bellcrank design and no one is having any problems with theres... If it's not broken... Why fix it??? Any European G4 drivers out there??? If you can locate the Italian companies website that design this steering system for the G4... Please post... Border R/C.... Please do some research as well... Thanks..

RC_Alan

IMG]http://www.teammagic.com.tw/images/G4steering1.jpg[/IMG]

[/B][/QUOTE]