R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-21-2004, 05:32 AM   #1936
Tech Regular

Default Fuel tank maybe?

I have been noticing some problems with my car. When i run my car for the first time for the day its fine. So i bring it in when it gets low on fuel shut it off clean any dirt/debree from pully's steering you know the basics. I fill the fuel tank, go to start the car and it won't start. I noticed if i put my finger over the stinger i can see fuel go to the motor. When i let my finger off the stinger the fuel immediately goes back into the fuel tank. It only does then when the car is already warmed up. Do you think the new fuel tank from K-Factory will fix this problem? Am i just filling my tank to full of gas? I mean after about a minute or 2 she might fire back up but sometimes i have to wait a little while and then come back and it will fire right up? Its weird. let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Mike
budlightnmyhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 08:02 AM   #1937
Tech Regular

You maybe running too rich and flooding the engine??
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 10:01 AM   #1938
Tech Regular

Would that cause the fuel to go back down the line to the tank after i take my finger off the stinger? Its like it doesn't want to get fuel? I notice when i put more fuel in the tank, it seems to be very hot inside the tank. Could it be like vapor lock from the colder fuel going into the warm tank?

Mike
Old 06-22-2004, 12:57 PM   #1939
Tech Regular

Default Good pipe for rossi pixie .12 3 port

I bent the crap out of my header and i can't seem to get it to go back on right. If i bent the header any more i think it will crease. I already had to use plyers so i could get to at least go back on.

Which pipe will provide me with the over all best performance?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 06-22-2004, 12:59 PM   #1940
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default pipes

Mike, I use the Rex Roar legal pipe. Or the TM legal pipe is nice. I have seen also the new Conical exhaust from Mugen, but not to impressed with it, for the buck that is.
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 01:03 PM   #1941
Tech Regular

I was thinking about the TM pipe. Do you know how much it costs and where i can get it? Also will it work well with that sirio evo 2 motor that rcnut is selling? I'm thinking about selling some of my stuff to get that new sirio motor, or the novarossi ns5.

Mike
Old 06-22-2004, 01:04 PM   #1942
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to RCNUT
Default Mike

Fill your pipe up with water and freeze it. When the water expands it will bend the pipe back into shape. Just make sure you do not put too much water in it.

I run the tm pipe and the trinity pipe with my sirio evo IIs. I like both of them but the tm pipe is adjustable.
RCNUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 01:57 PM   #1943
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: Today's running

Quote:
Originally posted by RCNUT
I had a fairly good day today. The helios radio really helps with fast response time. I avoided two major pile-ups today. I did do what v6 said by flipping over the alum steering rail mounts and I must say it helped the steering alot. I also added a 1mm spacer from the steering servo saver arm to the tie rod to make it more parallel. I did not have any steering issues at all. I actually passed two Kyosho v-one-rr evo around an s turn. After doing that twice, people started asking what I was driving. The Sirio Evo 2 in my opinion is one of the easiest engiens to tune. Hope everyone else did well.
I did do what v6 said by flipping over the alum steering rail mounts and I must say it helped the steering alot
brooklynrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 01:57 PM   #1944
Tech Regular

canu explain exactly what you did?
Old 06-22-2004, 01:59 PM   #1945
Tech Regular

Vr6vroom
are you going to edison this weekend?
i heard that they are doing something in jackson as well. i have to ask around where people are going.
i just ordered ko radio and i hope it gets here before this weekend
Old 06-22-2004, 05:09 PM   #1946
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to RCNUT
Default brooklyn

The aluminum mounts have a flat side and a side with the circle sticking out. The manual has you putting the circle side into the bulkhead. Switch it around so the part that sticks out is facing the servo saver.

You should have let me know you wanted a KO radio, i Have two helios here You could have had it tomorrow.
RCNUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 05:46 PM   #1947
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default procedure

Quote:
Originally posted by brooklynrc
Vr6vroom
are you going to edison this weekend?
i heard that they are doing something in jackson as well. i have to ask around where people are going.
i just ordered ko radio and i hope it gets here before this weekend
BrooklynRC,
Like Mike already stated, turn around the alloy servo rail mounts so the extension faces the servo saver, not the bulkhead, then grind off the extension to allow the most travel. This allows for more adjustability on the rails. Ask anyone that saw my steering at Brooklyn Hobbies, they were like [email protected]#y [email protected]!t, what did you do.?? I told them the same thing I am telling you, then I took the pin without the ends on it, and installled it into a dremel, using the lowest setting, I ran the pin through the servo saver until it was smooth. Last, I use the alloy upper GPM saver arm.

Racing this weekend is up in the air. I think the buzz is Jackson RC in NJ. No one I know of is going to Edison. I am not sure if I can make this Sunday so far. I Hope to , I need the new gas tank first. I hope to see ya there. Come look for me, you cant miss me. Big, Bald, and Bad aaaaaaaaaaaaaaassss!!
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 07:11 PM   #1948
Tech Regular

Ran my g4 today, and i did some adjusting to the 2 speed. now It seems right before it's about to shift, the car has a slight jerk, just enough to scare me . Im not sure if its glitching, or is there something wrong w/ my 2 speed, has this happened to anyone before? Being my first one, dont really know how to troubleshoot
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 07:15 PM   #1949
Tech Regular

thanks for your reply guys.

rcnut
helios is a great radio, lil too pricey for me. i just sold my jr r-1 cause it was glitching. i was trying to spend as little money as posible. after debating between m8 and ko i decided to go with ko. it is a little bit cheaper. i got ex-1 mars r.

Vr6vroom
i wanted to come up to u in CT but i had too much drama with my car. if i got to jackson i will definately see you there. we got to represent for g4 out there
Old 06-22-2004, 07:18 PM   #1950
Tech Regular

bballer
i can be your gearing. sometimes if you have big gap in # of teeth between your first and second gear you car will jerk while it shifts. if you run stock gearing im not sure what it can be.