R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-18-2004, 05:37 AM   #1921
Tech Regular

My tank lid won't even stay closed. When i go to prime the car by putting my finger over the exhaust port the lid opens but no fuel goes into the fuel line. I have tried making sure i pushed really hard down on the gas cap but it doesn't help. My car always flames out from it. I have tried many different sizes of fuel lines and pressure lines but nothing seems to work.

Mike
budlightnmyhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 05:56 AM   #1922
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to RCNUT
Default TANK

Raul,

Are you saying that the tank with the evo is not the adjustable one? I thought they were included the updated tank. It should be part number k1419. That tank has the adjustable lid. I would have thought that Team magic would include the new tank, not just change the size of it.
RCNUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 09:07 AM   #1923
Regional Moderator

Default Re: TANK

Quote:
Originally posted by RCNUT
It should be part number k1419. That tank has the adjustable lid. I would have thought that Team magic would include the new tank, not just change the size of it.
The Evo kit comes with the newer 75cc tank but not the K-Factory one's.... Well, at least in here.
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 09:33 AM   #1924
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to RCNUT
Default tank

K factory and team magic are basically the same company. They are all owned and in the same place. They also are H.A.R.D. Racing products.
RCNUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 10:49 AM   #1925
Regional Moderator

Yes, we already know since we are distributing their products in here also...
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 03:14 PM   #1926
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default tank

Mike,
Yup, the tank is the blue dot with the old cap. I dont understand why they couldnt just go all the way and update it! Oh, well.
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 03:15 PM   #1927
Tech Regular

I replaced the stock shock bladders with the GS racing ones. Thats the closest thing they had at my LHS. They work great though. Ran into some more problems today though. Smashed my pipe and bent it all out of shape then the pipe holder was rubbing on the front pulley and wore it down so now i have to find something to keep the belt from falling off. Other than that it was running like a champ today!!! Steering was superb. Almost 2 quarts through my motor and its running awesome. Seems to like higher temps though, around 250 farenheight or so. Oh well.

Mike
Old 06-19-2004, 08:32 PM   #1928
Tech Champion

Default pipe

Quote:
Originally posted by budlightnmyhand
I replaced the stock shock bladders with the GS racing ones. Thats the closest thing they had at my LHS. They work great though. Ran into some more problems today though. Smashed my pipe and bent it all out of shape then the pipe holder was rubbing on the front pulley and wore it down so now i have to find something to keep the belt from falling off. Other than that it was running like a champ today!!! Steering was superb. Almost 2 quarts through my motor and its running awesome. Seems to like higher temps though, around 250 farenheight or so. Oh well.

Mike
Mike,
what you need is the Kfactory aluminum frt shaft mount, it has the pipe mount one peice with the layshaft mount. No more pipes moving from impact from the insufficient stock mount. It is a must, along with the alloy servo mounts to strength the chassis. You will appreciate them when you get them.
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

Old 06-19-2004, 11:03 PM   #1929
Tech Regular

Anyone have a pic of the new frt shaft mount thing on their car along with a pic of the new pipe holder?

Mike
Old 06-20-2004, 06:21 PM   #1930
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Tire Question

Does anyone know what degree offset the G4 is setup for? sero? one? or two?

For example, the MTX-3 uses a 1 degree offset rear.

And I guess in general what kind of tire (brand, shore, etc.) have you guys had luck with. Do forget to let me know the type of track you're runnign on.

I am about to order several tires and am curious what everyone else is running.

I have been running CRC (Track Magnet) tires and have decided to switch.

thanks!
rodneybarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 06:45 PM   #1931
Tech Regular

I know a lot of people are trying the GQ Products Tires, cheap and are supposed to be chunk-proof
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 07:57 PM   #1932
Tech Regular

Default rcnut i need parts!!

Mike,
I need to order some stuff from you. I sent you an email earlier, but now i need different stuff. I would like to place my order tomorrow. Let me know what i need to do. You never answered my other email.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 06-20-2004, 08:02 PM   #1933
Tech Regular

I have ran 2 quarts of Trinity Monster Horsepower 20 percent fuel through my motor. Can i switch fuels? I would like to try something better than this stuff. Anyone have suggestions.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 06-21-2004, 03:28 AM   #1934
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Tommy Bergfeldt

I've ran GQ Tires for quite a while now and they are great! Mostly i run 42's in rear and 40 in front, and the orange rims match with my paintjob GRP-Tires are equally good to GQ but is more expensive..
I buy my GQ's from shop.radiostyrt.no
Tommy Bergfeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 05:07 AM   #1935
Tech Champion

Default Re: Tire Question

Quote:
Originally posted by rodneybarrett
Does anyone know what degree offset the G4 is setup for? sero? one? or two?

For example, the MTX-3 uses a 1 degree offset rear.

And I guess in general what kind of tire (brand, shore, etc.) have you guys had luck with. Do forget to let me know the type of track you're runnign on.

I am about to order several tires and am curious what everyone else is running.

I have been running CRC (Track Magnet) tires and have decided to switch.

thanks!
Rodney,
the G4 use 0 offset on both frt and rear axles. I use the arrows line, until recently, now I will be running Twister Tires. I just havent had the opportunity to try them. TRC tires work well, along with Ennetti, Speedmind, and such. The only problem with the dish wheel is that you need a small hole to make quick adjustments for the suspension balls.